Uncivil War: Max Gentlemen - Maximum Hats, Maximum Britishness

Max Gentlemen - Maximum Hats, Maximum Britishness

Jim and Yahtzee square off to see who can be the most dapper with an assortment of head accessories.

Watch Video

This game isn't nearly British enough; there's hardly any oppression of other peoples in order to build an global empire for King and Country.

Also, it seems odd that they did the driving game instead of the head-to-head pub one; I wonder if it's a lag issue.

And thank God for Jim winning once again!
I'd say, that was quite a delightful little piece of entertainment, don't you think so, chaps?

I say, good show. Jolly good. Now I'm off to have a spot of tea.

For shame, Yahtzee. You've been infected by too much time living amongst those scurrilous criminals down in Australia. Maybe if there was some kind of drinking-related or bad internet connection challenge (who can get the highest ping in an online game before disconnect?) he could win.

Imagine seeing someone on the street with that many hats...

Yes Jim. Throw away your English origin and betray them!
Join us, join us Australians and our plan to send them ... convicts!

It will be the best plan yet.

As for the next game gentlemen ... and Yahtzee, may I make the suggestion of Unreal Tournament or Gears of War? So we may riff about chest-high walls, and manly men!

I'm quite surprised Jim didn't go for the stereotypical English accent. Or cockney, just to wind up Yahtzee.

RealRT:
And thank God for Jim winning once again!
I'd say, that was quite a delightful little piece of entertainment, don't you think so, chaps?

Quite, it went down well with my tea and scones.

I never know who to root for in this series.

I love Jim for his no compromise viewpoints and smashing moobies.

But Ben is (or might as well be) Australian.

Oh, the... oh wait, I can support both and be happy no matter what!

Win!

This game....the fact that it exist makes me absolutely flabbergasted.

The music was just brilliant.

I'm somewhat baffled by this game's existence. I'm glad to have a game show one aspect of British life, but there weren't any slaves from other nations so it wasn't enough, maybe they'll come with DLC.

Jim! You scoundrel!
And Yatzhee! You...man who keeps losing!
Now go play Earth Defense Force 2025! Blow up spiders and wasps. Its the only way to redeem yourself!

Spy vs Spy would be a good fit for you two. I was always fondest of the C64 edition, but whatever works.

Yahtzee should learn to take a joke. It's not racist if it's a joke! Also, it's okay to be racist to British people! Besides, I know a British person who totally dresses like that and drives a car like that, so the stereotype is true!

...Did I get the trifecta?

Talk about being tricked, Esquire!
Forsooth, Jum hath 963 or so points as high score, whereas the Gentleman caller known as Yahtzee had a mere 333 or so!

In other words; next time check how good your oponent is. Then, switch to pistols at dawn!!!

I quite enjoyed this episode. *sips tea*

Both players needed a prepared list of pseudo-Victorian insults and racist remarks to hurl at each other.

Yahtzee complaining like an SJR throughout the video just slayed me.

I say lads, bloody good show!

tzimize:
This game....the fact that it exist makes me absolutely flabbergasted.

The music was just brilliant.

Yes, 'tis quite a jaunty tune, eh what?

OverEZ:
Yahtzee complaining like an SJR throughout the video just slayed me.

The really funny part is he doesn't sound that far off from how they typically sound.
But what does it mean to be a "Social Justice Warrior"? So far, they sound like the loud shouty guy accusing all forms of creative expression of racism/sexism/[insert bad thing here] without giving solutions to any real problems, and just being a major buzzkill.

My suggestion for next week is the ultimate challenge: QWOP

eddyshore6528:
My suggestion for next week is the ultimate challenge: QWOP

QWOP is the grand opus, the finisher. We need something simpler than that, such as a game of chess.

The comment "yes, my flying rats COME TO ME!" made me laugh way more than it had any right to.

Tough luck in that third round, Yahtzee. You'll get Jim yet.

I'd never seen that game before and can now positively say: I want it.

I must admit I didn't think Yahtzee had much chance from the offset when I saw Jim's highest score was three times his >.>

I really wonder where Yahtzee picked up that habit of saying zee instead of zed. Is that just not a British thing like I always imagined it was?

Anyway, somebody suggested Nidhogg last time and I want to echo it. Although the lag might fuck them over a bit. So...maybe not.

Yeah... Hipsters really ruined trilbies for everyone...

The Last Melon:
I really wonder where Yahtzee picked up that habit of saying zee instead of zed. Is that just not a British thing like I always imagined it was?

Anyway, somebody suggested Nidhogg last time and I want to echo it. Although the lag might fuck them over a bit. So...maybe not.

It is a British thing, but he doesn't live there. I've no idea if it's "zee" in Australia, though. It might just be an internet sort of thing. I know people from out of Cali who overuse "like" as a filler word just as much as we here do and just picked it up through others online. It's a bit odd, honestly, haha.

I like to think if I stop watching this show Rhymedown Spectacular will come back...

leviadragon99:
Yeah... Hipsters really ruined trilbies for everyone...

Truth. I would wear a fedora (what can I say, I like Bogart) if a) they weren't ruined by association, and b) I had a less enormous head and any hat could fit me. Yahtzee doesn't even wear a fedora, but just because a trilby is close to a fedora it's ruined too.

TL,DR: I hated hipsters before it was cool.

Rather spiffing work gents, huzzah and all that.

Enjoyable as always. And I'm glad Jim's winning. Sorry Yahtzee, but I'm cheering on the other British one.

Challenge: In Quake Live, join a public game of Instagib Free For All (doesn't require much any game knowledge really) or regular FFA if there's no players on Australian servers. Wait until the start of a fresh round before joining the match. Winner is whoever gets a better frags to deaths ratio (meaning trying to hide away is a valid strategy). The matches usually last 15 minutes or until anyone's reached 50 frags.

It's also possible to set up your personal server if you can find someone with a subscription (I've got one: my e-mail is horsmaan at hotmail dot com) for a good ole one-on-one with any silly settings and win conditions you prefer. The FFA idea is probably at its funniest if you manage to get on a server with really good players...

vxicepickxv:
We need something simpler than that, such as a game of chess.

How about a nice game of Global Thermonuclear War?

Defcon would be the more easily available equivalent, but unfortunately games probably take a bit too long for this series.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.