Shut Up and Sit Down: Cash n' Guns - Create Your Own Gun-Filled Standoff

Cash n' Guns - Create Your Own Gun-Filled Standoff

Recreate your favorite scenes from Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Hard Boiled and a load of other action movies!

Watch Video

This game is pretty much the epitomy of a worse remake. The original game was amazing! This one is basically a soulless imitation without the finesse the original made so special. Really disappointing.

Davroth:
This game is pretty much the epitomy of a worse remake. The original game was amazing! This one is basically a soulless imitation without the finesse the original made so special. Really disappointing.

What did they change? Is it just an aesthetic thing or has the way it is played fundamentally shifted? I think it sounds interesting as a concept at least.

Right Hook:

Davroth:

What did they change? Is it just an aesthetic thing or has the way it is played fundamentally shifted? I think it sounds interesting as a concept at least.

The aestethic is sort of not an issue for me. The trouble is more the way they changed the core gameplay. They basically dumbed it down to much that it's only a hollow shell of what it used to be. I'm not sure why they did it...

Examples: They removed the third kind of card, which was a bang card that acts before normal bang cards, removing a layer of strategy. They also changed how loot is distributed from a system that made it evenly distributed between all remaining players to one where it's basically luck based depending on what kind of loot comes up, since now you collect sets for big cash. They also removed the consequences for backing out of a firefight.

Sadly, it's really hard to get the original game now. I feel sorry for the people who buy this one, though... well, unless they are into lol random games, I suppose... It's just really not my bag, and it's saddening for me to see the game develop in that direction.

As a proud Australian the concept of cooking sausages on anything other than than a BBQ offensive and a unforgivably abhorrent act.
For shame!

That aside I've played skulls and roses with some mates at the pub a few times now and this seems like a fun development of the game.
Though not to play at an actual pub though, never take even a prop gun into a business unless you like screaming and being tackled.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here