5 Reasons Why Action-Packed Independence Day Makes Guys Cry

5 Reasons Why Action-Packed Independence Day Makes Guys Cry

We close out the summer by talking about the quintessential summer blockbuster: Independence Day.

Read Full Article

While they're interesting points, I dont think any of them were cause to cry....

Though I had completely forgotten Data was in this film!

The film is nice... as long as you can get over the two hours of kinda obnoxious "Murika Fuck Yeah!".

Rufus Shinra:
The film is nice... as long as you can get over the two hours of kinda obnoxious "Murika Fuck Yeah!".

True, but at least they did vaguely mention the rest of the world also fighting the aliens.

(Even though it seems people in Africa brought down a saucer with their spears.)

Also, it wasn't the later War of the Worlds movie with Tom Cruise in it.

thaluikhain:

Rufus Shinra:

True, but at least they did vaguely mention the rest of the world also fighting the aliens.

(Even though it seems people in Africa brought down a saucer with their spears.)

Though the world, IIRC, was pretty much running around in circles waiting for the mighty US to take the lead and save everyone. Murika Saves The Day...

This is the kind of stuff that leads to a lot of eyes rolling in non-US countries, thank you very much. And hilarity in Iron Sky.

Rufus Shinra:

thaluikhain:

Rufus Shinra:

Though the world, IIRC, was pretty much running around in circles waiting for the mighty US to take the lead and save everyone. Murika Saves The Day...

Oh sure, but they at least remembered there was a rest of the world.

I'm not setting the bar very high here, admittedly.

thaluikhain:

Rufus Shinra:

Oh sure, but they at least remembered there was a rest of the world.

I'm not setting the bar very high here, admittedly.

You actually have a point. It could have been even worse in terms of Snark Bait.

Made me yawn. A big whipped cream pile of stereotypes, melodrama, craptastically ham-fisted acting, and plagiarized ideas held up by a castrating amount of suspension of disbelief. A film for idiots.

Rufus Shinra:
[quote="thaluikhain" post="6.860326.21405547"][quote="Rufus Shinra" post="6.860326.21405469"]....And hilarity in Iron Sky.

Iron Sky is Mars Needs Women meets Red Dwarf. A much better film than Independence Day.

Ah, poor guys.

Thirty seconds into the movie (or thereabouts---no, I didn't time it carefully; no, I don't really care) an alien spaceship rumbles past the moon and kicks up dust. Three jingoistic hours later (or thereabouts) our heroes bring down said alien spaceship with a Macintosh virus.

If this film made you cry, guys, you need to learn to control your tear ducts a little better. Also, to laugh at big dumb terrible movies. Bleagh.

gridsleep:
Iron Sky is Mars Needs Women meets Red Dwarf. A much better film than Independence Day.

Infinitely better movie, both for the laughs and for the few actual serious things in it with one hell of an excellent conclusion.

The first few made sense, but now it's gone full blown randomness. You should do one next about how The Last Unicorn makes guys cry.

Do you want to know what made me cry about ID?

The aliens lost.

LOST.

That was what made me upset, man. That's all... but it was enough.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.