Uncivil War: AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAA!!! - Parachute Plunge Challenge!

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAA!!! - Parachute Plunge Challenge!

This week, Jim and Yahtzee take up sky diving!

Watch Video

I'm surprised they didn't record the video, edit it, then do a voiceover afterwards in the style of the Achievement Hunter Horse games; There wasn't a lot of variety in the drops, but that dead space can be used for witty banter and fat jokes.

So.... this would be better as a tablet game, no?
Anyway, who cares?! It was a great Yahtzee win! Good thing too, cause it was his birthday no less! :P

This was kind of pointless it wasn't who deployed last so much as who jumped later... you can see what I mean on the second jump where Jims landing was more floaty and long, but he "won"? If you go back to the start you can see he also clearly jumped later. First to shoot isn't a good measure if videos dont sync up at the departure point.

Should have probably timed it for preisions sake, faster overall thing without dying is always the last to shoot and the winner.

But entertaining nevertheless.

This game used to cause me so much rage.
I tried to get an Steam achievement for some event and I suffered a huge amount of rage at this game trying to get the correct score :P

Turned me off the game, but maybe it's worth another look without attempting any kind of score and just for the fun of it.

VZLANemesis:
This was kind of pointless it wasn't who deployed last so much as who jumped later... you can see what I mean on the second jump where Jims landing was more floaty and long, but he "won"? If you go back to the start you can see he also clearly jumped later. First to shoot isn't a good measure if videos dont sync up at the departure point.

Should have probably timed it for preisions sake, faster overall thing without dying is always the last to shoot and the winner.

It would've been pretty easy to sync op the video feeds at the mark where "Deploy Parachute!" is displayed.

With theses silly challenges you are really spoiling us.

It took a few seconds, but thank God that Yahtzee pulled the obvious "brings all the boys to the yard" gag.

And these silly games make for more entertaining episodes I feel.

Yay Yatzhee! Also where are you guys finding these crazy indie games?
Also do something on Goat Simulator. There's gotta' be something goofy and weird, like goat bowling or goat shot-put.

Burnout (any of them) would make for a fun challenge -- the one who AVOIDs crashing a busy intersection, or at least crashes last.

Evita take-off followed by Peter Andre? brilliant =D

If you get your own skydiving license, you can do this for real! And then immediately have your license revoked! Or die, I guess.

Robot-Jesus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P-nZZkQqTc

Thanks for the reference. But you may want to write something to avoid having a warning for low content post.

I'd love to watch this video, but this infinite Sims ad is here, and the X to close it is blocked by a SHARE button.

I'd really like. Escapist to knock off this, auto play audio adds in the sides or articles, and clickbait title bullshit.

I have got to try these games they find! I still get the giggles thinking about last week's with the hats.

Thunderous Cacophony:
I'm surprised they didn't record the video, edit it, then do a voiceover afterwards in the style of the Achievement Hunter Horse games; There wasn't a lot of variety in the drops, but that dead space can be used for witty banter and fat jokes.

The witty banter is the icing on the cake.

Love this game. It should have been a high score challenge - the most hilarious part is when you misjudge how close you are to a building, bump into it, and bounce off and completely lose control of your flight path :) The way this challenge worked was just a boring "fall safely down the middle and press space" thing.

Bit of a boring challenge (although the game itself looks pretty cool) but the commentary made up for it. I remember hearing Yahtzee talking about his falling dream before on Let's Drown Out, and for some reason at the time I took it to mean he was a depressed child, cheered by the thought of rapidly oncoming death. Possibly I was projecting.

I dream about falling too. Sometimes I wake as soon as I hit the ground, other times I wake up the moment I start falling. Either way it sucks, because I can't go back to sleep easily.

Jim jumped from forty thousand feet, forgot to pull the cord,
And he ain't gonna jump no more.

...actually he probably is gonna jump some more.

a know for some reason the game reminds me of this recruitment ad for an ingame corp in eve:

Anyway nice that yahtzee one now he has a chance to break even again

VZLANemesis:

I suppose they decided that there wasn't much point, given that Yahtzee won by default.

As someone who's never played this game before, I'm rather curious about the "+250 teeth" message at the end of some jumps.

VZLANemesis:

That was why they were saying were going to have to go to the tape. And why jim won round 2 despite yatzee Deploying his parachute a split second before.

Haven't they said Yahtzee is the one who actually edits their two tapes together? One could get a whole conspiracy theory out of that.

kailus13:

VZLANemesis:

I suppose they decided that there wasn't much point, given that Yahtzee won by default.

As someone who's never played this game before, I'm rather curious about the "+250 teeth" message at the end of some jumps.

It's the in-game currency to unlock stuff.

In which Jim and Ben finally give in to demands by their critics that they jump off a cliff.

I think everyone's had the falling dream at least once. I had a recurring one where I pressed down too hard on a spring board in an amusement park, resulting in me being thrown into the sky. It's nothing like in Mario.

canadamus_prime:

Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die!
Glory, glory, got to get the best of five!
The score is edging ever-closer to a tie,
So they gear up to jump once more!

He hit the ground, the sound was Splat!, the blood went spurting high,
And Yahtzee Croshaw laughed and said "Oh, what a way to die!",
They wrapped Jim in his canopy and poured him from his boots,
And he ain't gonna jump no more!

I miss Rhymedown Spectacular.

LenticularHomicide:

canadamus_prime:

Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die!
Glory, glory, got to get the best of five!
The score is edging ever-closer to a tie,
So they gear up to jump once more!

He hit the ground, the sound was Splat!, the blood went spurting high,
And Yahtzee Croshaw laughed and said "Oh, what a way to die!",
They wrapped Jim in his canopy and poured him from his boots,
And he ain't gonna jump no more!

Ha ha, good one. I was wondering if anyone was going to get that.

Base jumping suicide chicken? This is a hideous idea for a game. I mean, seriously, that is really a bad idea. It's really a bad idea. Really. I'm going to stop watching this now.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.