8 RTS Games That Will Keep You Clicking

Today we give you eight amazing Real Time Strategy games that will help you realize just how slow you are. These games take some serious talent to master, it's not easy so keep practicing.

Read Full Article

Dawn of War is better then Dawn of War 2, Red Alert is better then World in Conflict, Age of Empires 2 is better then Age of Empires 3, two Total War games in one list.

Try Spring, it's free and by most accounts plays better than Planetary Annihilation.

EDIT: Why is the Corbe Retort commenting on the devil's product of macro-murder, micromanaging simulation? It is entirely unlikely to be a problem related to being an alternate account.

Retreat!

Also, it is obviously clear which one of these games hold the ideals of THIS reporter.

The one with the highest ratio of freedom/terrorism crushed.

Sins of a Solar Empire has one of the best 'full conversion' mods I've EVER played.

STAR TREK: ARMADA 3

It's pretty amazing how well this is made.

8 RTS that you have probably already heard of time and time again.

No Company of Heroes?, for shame.

Also, I like Dawn of War 2 better than DOW1, because I get to kill TONS of things (their bits and pieces fly everywhere >:) ), instead of worrying about micromanaging my buildings and resources.

It's pretty much a squad-based shooter that happens to be presented as a RTS.

Any list without Total Annihilation, Company of Heroes, or Age of Empires 2 is frankly not a very good RTS list.

Also using two Total War games is cheap, but also Total War is not an RTS in the traditional sense, it's a RTT game with TBS elements.

Also not using Total War Rome, which is the best one.

No C&C? For shame.

Also Total War (as mentioned above) is more RTT than RTS.

Ah, remember when Warcraft meant a kickass strategy and not a blight upon mankind?

DrStrangelove:

Today we give you eight amazing Real Time Strategy games that will help you realize just how slow you are. These games take some serious talent to master, it's not easy so keep practicing.

Read Full Article

3/10 - Very poor, see me after class.

Did not include Command and Conquer or Dune series, the RTS games that created the Genre yet you have 2 Total War games (I love total war but one of them could have been Total War series and the other Command and Conquer).

good to see empire total war getting some love, it seems to have built up a level of hate among fans of total war but ive always had a spoft spot for its epic global battles.

the close combat and combat mission series of games are also worth a look for more realistic RTS games

Is it bad that my favorite RTS of all time was Chaos League, that little known rip off of Bloodbowl? The new Bloodbowl's Real time mode was shit because it tried sticking to the grid and really not adding features that'd support a real time mode. Chaos League was made by the guys before they made that Bloodbowl remake and it incorporated tons of features unique to Chaos League or adapted and work completely differently from Bloodbowl to fit Chaos League's intended Real Time mode. And its a shame practically no one played it. Its a fucking superb game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here