No Right Answer: Best Netflix Original Series

Best Netflix Original Series

So you've taken a break from Netflix to watch our show? Good on you! While you're here, let's discuss Netflix!

Watch Video

House of Cards, all the way. Sure, Orange can cut away to different characters if they don't have anything for a character to do, but HoC ALWAYS has something for Underwood to do, and the work that everyone else does fits in around him driving the show forward.

And I could see Orange on a TV network like HBO, but HoC is the kind of thing that only really works on Netflix; no filler or recaps, breakneck pace, twisting plots and motivations... It's a show designed to be binge-watched so that you come into work after blasting through an entire season, awestruck/ Orange is a much more formulaic show that could conceiveably be broadcast on a weekly schedule.

I agree with the outcome. Chris had a good point in that Orange is the New Black had a rough start in figuring out what it wanted to be, but I feel like the same kind of thing is now plaguing House of Cards. The show started off really strong, but halfway through Season 2 it started losing focus and some of the "I am outsmarting you" stuff did get really dumb (not as bad as Death Note of course). On that note, I am really worried about HoC's season 3.

He's

What next, World Domination?

Batman: TAS is on Amazon Prime. So is the Superman: TAS.

Netflix has Justice League, JLU, and Batman Beyond. Batman is still the best of the lot for me though.

Fun episode. I haven't watched much OitNB, but my girlfriend is a huge Kevin Spacey fan so I suggested House of Cards one date night and we watched it every time we had a spare hour until we were done with it. Loved that show. :)

I watched both seasons of HoC over a 48 hour span but I'm still on season one of Orange, so I think it's safe to say which one I like better.

Fappy:
On that note, I am really worried about HoC's season 3.

Me too. I think season 3 could have some great situations in it, but they'll need to be careful about becoming too predictable in being unpredictable if that makes any sense.

You guys keep spelling and pronouncing Bojack Horseman wrong. There is no orange or card in that name.

bdcjacko:
You guys keep spelling and pronouncing Bojack Horseman wrong. There is no orange or card in that name.

Thaaaaaank you.

Bojack Horseman is one of the funniest shows to come out in a very long time. Everyone should give it a watch.

OP:Orange had way too spastic of a first season for me to consider it a good show as a whole. House of Cards' 2 seasons with a very engaging and exciting experience that appropriately not only accurately looks at U.S. domestic politics, but also U.S. political media and how its been used by both politicians and businesses.

I think when ever more Netflix originals get released, OITNB won't be looked as in such a high light as it is now.

But seriously, watch Bojack Horseman.

bdcjacko:

Yep, not sure why they kept poking fun at it the whole time. It takes a bit of time to build up and I prefer some of the latter episodes of the season, but overall it was a great show that's been really underrated.

Nikolaz72:
He's

What next, World Domination?

I can hear it now: "Hey Frank, what do want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night: try to tai ever the world!"
Side note: what's Kevin Spacey like in real life? In most roles I've seen him in, he comes off as creepy and off-putting. Works when he's a villain, but anything else feels weird.

AzrealMaximillion:
House of Cards' 2 seasons with a very engaging and exciting experience that appropriately not only accurately looks at U.S. domestic politics, but also U.S. political media and how its been used by both politicians and businesses.

Hahaha, no.

House of Cards is a british series, and trying to adapt it into an American setting has made it necessary to twist the political situation beyond belief.

A prominent MP deciding to be the next prime minister, makes far more sense than a party whip deciding to be president without running for election. If Steny Hoyer decided that he wants to be president, no amount of murder and clever lies could get him that.

The media and public are also portrayed abysmally, with the first season's Peachoid incident that would irl be an amusing joke, not a state-level political crisis, or the ultimate piece in the puzzle of removing the president being a vague partisan attack that is more similar to irl's "But what about Benghazi?", than to Watergate.

House of Cards is fine as a gritty, exaggeratedly cynical piece, but it is to real politics, what Idiocracy is to real demographics.

It's not on Netflix, but Hulu's "The Booth at the End" is the best streaming-service original series. Hands down. It's not even close.

...until the inevitable day that NBC cancels "Hannibal" and Netflix picks it up, at which point it will instantly become the best streaming-service original series by a mile.

Seriously. "Hannibal" is the best show on TV. Why don't more people watch "Hannibal"?

Ahh Netflix "Let's drop the licenses to about 90% of our shows to afford production of some new shows" Originals.

Why do people think House of Cards is realistic. Politics do not work that way in the slightest. Underwood would be in jail so quickly. It's pretty much Death Note but in Washington, but not as over the top. And besides, if Netflix convinces David Lynch to let them do a reboot or continuation of Twin Peaks it will probably be the most interesting thing on there as far as exclusives go.

why do you guys fail to be funny during the water bit? you crack each other up in everything prior to it but not the actual water take. So what's the point of the water take if you don't even try to break each other?

House of Cards is a remake, so not original?

Doesn't that sort of disqualify it?

Again others have said it, but yeah... House of Cards is not an original series, it's an adaptation of an existing series.

And honestly, The Thick of It and In The Loop are probably more accurate depictions of political life.

Both very good shows, but seriously you should all go watch BoJack Horseman.

I dont think you know what word "Original" means. House of Cards is not an original show - its a copy of existing show of the very same name.

also how about criteria 4: netflix actually allows you to see it?

Entitled:

AzrealMaximillion:
House of Cards' 2 seasons with a very engaging and exciting experience that appropriately not only accurately looks at U.S. domestic politics, but also U.S. political media and how its been used by both politicians and businesses.

Hahaha, no.

House of Cards is a british series, and trying to adapt it into an American setting has made it necessary to twist the political situation beyond belief.

A prominent MP deciding to be the next prime minister, makes far more sense than a party whip deciding to be president without running for election. If Steny Hoyer decided that he wants to be president, no amount of murder and clever lies could get him that.

The media and public are also portrayed abysmally, with the first season's Peachoid incident that would irl be an amusing joke, not a state-level political crisis, or the ultimate piece in the puzzle of removing the president being a vague partisan attack that is more similar to irl's "But what about Benghazi?", than to Watergate.

House of Cards is fine as a gritty, exaggeratedly cynical piece, but it is to real politics, what Idiocracy is to real demographics.

Firstly, I'm fully aware that House of Cards was a British TV movie trilogy previously. It was also a book trilogy before that :)

Secondly, I was more commenting on how the show portrays how the US media is bent to the whims of big business. As well as the view of the conversations between lobbyists and other corporate entities and politicians with the kinds of deals made.

I think you took my praise for a TV show a bit too seriously.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.