Escapist Podcast - Tabletop: 014: Who Doesn't Love Magic Steampunk Cowboys?

014: Who Doesn't Love Magic Steampunk Cowboys?

This week on the Tabletop podcast, we discuss the weird west card game Doomtown Reloaded.

Watch Video

Wait, isn't this #14? There already was a #12.

rofltehcat:
Wait, isn't this #14? There already was a #12.

Whoops. Thanks, I probably just fat fingered it as I was entering it and didn't notice since it was the end of the day.

Seems that this Podcast, and others this week, suffer from being Mono (Left-Channel) only. Very distracting.

Rangarig:
Seems that this Podcast, and others this week, suffer from being Mono (Left-Channel) only. Very distracting.

That's weird, it's playing fine for me. What version are you listening too? The MP3, the video player, high quality, etc.

Slycne:
That's weird, it's playing fine for me. What version are you listening too? The MP3, the video player, high quality, etc.

By default I listen/view using the HTML5 player, standard quality. It seems that the issue is limited to that, since the iTunes version is fine.

Edit: Incidentally, the HTML5 streams stopped working for me, remaining in a perpetual loading state.

Rangarig:

Slycne:

By default I listen/view using the HTML5 player, standard quality. It seems that the issue is limited to that, since the iTunes version is fine.

Edit: Incidentally, the HTML5 streams stopped working for me, remaining in a perpetual loading state.

Well, I have no idea - I tested the stream in various versions, and only HTML5 in Firefox (both standard and high quality) is having that issue. Flash and other browsers have no issues, and I was able to exclude all hardware issues.

Rangarig:

Rangarig:

Slycne:

Well, I have no idea - I tested the stream in various versions, and only HTML5 in Firefox (both standard and high quality) is having that issue. Flash and other browsers have no issues, and I was able to exclude all hardware issues.

We haven't changed anything on our encoding recently. If Firefox is suddenly not playing HTML5 format correctly, then something has gone awry with Firefox's player.

paulgruberman:
We haven't changed anything on our encoding recently. If Firefox is suddenly not playing HTML5 format correctly, then something has gone awry with Firefox's player.

Thank you for the info. It is very confusing, because I only have this issue with the Tabletop Podcasts.

Rangarig:

Rangarig:

Slycne:

Seems to be an ongoing issue, some seem to think it's related to Creative sound cards. For more information please see: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=979705

ThyNameIsMud:
Seems to be an ongoing issue, some seem to think it's related to Creative sound cards. For more information please see: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=979705

Thank you for the legwork! Seems that Roccat uses Creative or Creative-like sound cards for their USB headsets. Time to switch browsers , since Escapist Podcast > Firefox.

Still listening through the podcast, but you *can* actually run out-of-faction dudes. Any dudes that weren't of your faction can't be in your starting posse and have a increased upkeep equal to their influence.

Also, if you didn't catch it, the different suits align to the different card types so you can't run straight one suit and have flushes all the time.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.