Uncivil War: Left 4 Dead 2 - Who Will Be The Last Critic On Earth?

Left 4 Dead 2 - Who Will Be The Last Critic On Earth?

Jim and Yahtzee compete to survive the longest in a game full of monstrous horrors!

Watch Video

Good effort by both, particularly the third round. Speaking as someone with only a bit of experience with the first one, what do you do in the event of a Witch during Last Man mode? Just wait for her to cry herself to sleep?

I just noticed that Jimvision is much blurrier than the Yahtzeecam. Strange; his Squirty Plays generally look pretty good.

Also: Yahtzee tried to kiss Greg (Tito, presumably)? o_O

WhiteFangofWar:
Good effort by both, particularly the third round. Speaking as someone with only a bit of experience with the first one, what do you do in the event of a Witch during Last Man mode? Just wait for her to cry herself to sleep?

Generally you try and sneak around her; because there are no swarms of regular zombies to make you shoot constantly, you can be pretty sneaky. Either that or get some explosives ready and blow her to tiny pieces.

Seen Yahtzee avoid the chainsaw. That's the best way to kill the witch. Hold that button down and run into her. I used to carry one around whenever the chance for a road blocking witch would possibly spawn in.

The prize for the first to tenth should be something UTTERLY humiliating.

For example, if Jim wins (fingers crossed), he gets to dress Yahtzee up at the Escapist Expo ... and of course make fun of him.
If Yahtzee wins, he can make Jim wear Cat ears for the whole expo ... and tell him he's fat.

I don't know, that would be quite cool. :D

10 wins and the victor gets the loser's gamer soul.

StormShaun:
The prize for the first to tenth should be something UTTERLY humiliating.

For example, if Jim wins (fingers crossed), he gets to dress Yahtzee up at the Escapist Expo ... and of course make fun of him.
If Yahtzee wins, he can make Jim wear Cat ears for the whole expo ... and tell him he's fat.

I don't know, that would be quite cool. :D

Agreed. I would not only have Yahtzee wear something embarrassing but, after his exit from the Escapist's panel when they performed Gangnam Style by Psy (back at the first Escapist Expo I believe), he has to dance Gangnam Style in front of everyone at the next Escapist Expo.

LenticularHomicide:
I just noticed that Jimvision is much blurrier than the Yahtzeecam. Strange; his Squirty Plays generally look pretty good.

Due to Yahtzee's Australian Internet, I need to compress the videos further before sending them to him. I'm still trying to strike the right balance between filesize and quality. I hate rendering video.

Jimothy Sterling:

LenticularHomicide:

Due to Yahtzee's Australian Internet, I need to compress the videos further before sending them to him. I'm still trying to strike the right balance between filesize and quality. I hate rendering video.

Ah, I see. So Yahtzee's cutting the videos together? Or did you guys arrange some livestreaming system?

This should have been a race to the end, with the victor either being the one to reach the level's end first, or whoever got furthest in, so that it would have encouraged a more aggressive and less cautious style of play.

But I do understand given the way Uncivil War is made that would of been difficult.

Do you two actually want to do this, or is the guy who signs your paychecks going all P. T. Barnum on you?

This was much more interesting to watch than old Vincent Price movies.

To be fair Jim, it was a little more than just his butt. ;p

Can't wait to see what the prize for the first person to get to ten wins is! :D Should be good.

I am curious how these things get made if Jim and Yahtzee are on almost opposite sides of the world.
"Bad touch! Bad touch!" Oh, I am so stealing that one.

There will be people who will keep counting beyond 10 anyway, so when this ends I look forward to the final result.

On game topic. Since I've been playing Left 4 Dead 2 most days for the past two months or so I had to resist screaming "you're doing it wrong" at many points, but the fact that neither of you tried meleeing the things (for the most part) was irritating. Still, jolly entertaining to see death be the reward multiple times.

I think we need more violence and the chance to fill Yathzee's life with life scarring shame:

WE NEED A PAINKILLER CHALLENGE![1]

And seeing you two impale demons would be fun.

[1] The game, not who can eat the most pills or get furthest in a Max Payne game without them.

WhiteFangofWar:

No, actually, and I'm astounded that neither of them tried it, but you can actually insta-kill witches on any difficulty or mutation in L4D2, in the same way that you could in the original.

If you press yourself right against the Witch with any tier two shotgun, and funnel your bullets directly into the back of her pelvis (which has, as I recall, the widest surface area to hit) you can drop her in one shot. L4D2 witches have less health than in the original, as well, which was probably done in consideration for Hard Rain, where you can find half a dozen at once if you're unlucky.

Technically, you can do this with the tier one shotguns as well, but that's a gamble, because if you fail, you have to pump between your next shot. If you mess it up, you're probably dead.

As a final note, this mutation also becomes much easier if you go for distance rather than kills, as you can run faster than the AI director can keep up. The special infected won't spawn fast enough, and will often end up behind you. I confess I don't remember whether Tank spawns were static per individual in that mutation.

Though honestly, that might have been less fun to watch, because the end result would be a lot of adrenaline use and not shooting anybody.

Anyway, this was fun to watch!
Now I vanish in puff of smoke, to post again in another decade! Whoosh!

Lets go a bit oldschool here.

Since its a highly entertaining (but with mechanics that no self respecting publisher would ever allow to be released these days).

Howabout some 60 second , kill as many as you can, Carmageddon challenges?

Oh, and the "Special Reward" for the first to ten?

Thats easy

The loser has to go to a major gaming event , Cosplaying as the winner.

ValentineRain:
snip

Holy cow, here I thought I was a bit of a lurking poster.

OT: Although I do still miss the poetry battles, this uncivil war thing is a lot of fun. I particularly enjoy the special challenges you guys come up with. The banter at the end was fantastic, too.

Pretty sure I'd have died quickly in that mode; I'm terrible at l4d and its sequel.

kurashima:
Oh, and the "Special Reward" for the first to ten?

Thats easy

The loser has to go to a major gaming event , Cosplaying as the winner.

hmm that more lets the loser insult the winner, i guess yahtzee would dress up like the stay puft marshmallow man and jim would hmmm a massive golden cock?

but hey thats fun enough for me!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here