Fungal Dissident

Pages PREV 1 2

Poor Toads, ever toiling away in Peach's cake mines...

Imp Emissary:
Aren't all the blocks suppose to be mushroom people turned into stone? Meaning all those times you break them, you're actually destroying innocent civilians?

I checked the manual, and I'm pretty sure it's referring to the ? blocks that can't be destroyed. That said, I don't think they're still using that explanation.

So Yahtzee was right about Peach and Bowser.

canadamus_prime:
This sounds like something Game Theory would come up with.

They did. The last two episodes that were shown on the Escapist were about Mario being insane, and there's the one about Mario's possible Communist ties.

thundra:

Andy Shandy:

thundra:
This why #istandwithbowser he is true ruler of mushroom kingdom

But he's not a mushroom either.

#IStandWithToadsworth

Look at this motherfucker, and tell me he's not the rightful king.

I cannot argue with those mustache. They are truly magnificent. All hail Toadsworth.

ALL GLORY TO TOADSWORTH!

2HF:

Zachary Amaranth:
Remember when this comic was about video games, and not politics?

Remember when you drew and wrote this comic and had total creative control to the point where you could strangle any and all change that had the nerve to even cross your mind? Good times.

Remember when people contextually understood jokes instead of just responding with reactionary hostility?

I mean, even if you'd never been in the comments section of a Critical Miss comic before, even if you didn't read me rebuking an anti-Tumblr posters right below this, you probably did notice the comic was actually about a game, right?

I just wanna say that it really looks like Peach is channel Satsuki from kill la kill in this picture. Just that look of cold disgust.

Zachary Amaranth:

Remember when this comic was about life of Erin and her co-workers?
Good times, good times :(

"The Mario universe is a lot more exciting when you take it as an allegory of European colonialism in Africa."
And even more exciting with Princess Peach in that dominant pose. Then, the thought of item boxes makes it depressing.

erttheking:
You know I always wondered about that. Why IS peach in charge? In fact, how come her main enforcers aren't mushrooms either?

It seems to be a trope: the human species is the best species. Most (if not [almost] all) fictional media portray that. Even when humans aren't the best in much, like the Mass Effect series and Guardians of The Galaxy, humans are the bottom line or the final decision makers. Humans are the heroes.

Zachary Amaranth:

2HF:

Zachary Amaranth:

Remember when you drew and wrote this comic and had total creative control to the point where you could strangle any and all change that had the nerve to even cross your mind? Good times.

Remember when people contextually understood jokes instead of just responding with reactionary hostility?

I mean, even if you'd never been in the comments section of a Critical Miss comic before, even if you didn't read me rebuking an anti-Tumblr posters right below this, you probably did notice the comic was actually about a game, right?

Remember that time when I was out of line and you were totally right? It was this time, right now. My bad.

Peach Khaleesi. I absolutely approve of.

He had it coming. The Peach dynasty has brought nothing but prosperity and growth to the Mushroom Kingdom, and yet so-called social justice mushrooms (I refuse to call them "Amanita" like some PC slave) constantly try and agitate and tear it all down. The box is a slap on the wrist, all things considered.

Thunderous Cacophony:
So in this analogy, is Bowser some Shaka Zulu equivalent, leading a militaristic force of his people to cast out the foreign oppressors?

(Obligatory conspiracy theory that Peach is just the figurehead, and they keep her around to get kidnapped and distract Bowser so Toad Parliament can actually run mushroom kingdom)

A quick point of history. Shaka Zulu did no such thing, he wasn't King for the famous Anglo-Zulu war, having died some 50 years previously. Cetshwayo was the King for that war. Shaka never fought colonial powers directly, actually the opposite. He permitted European settlers to operate in the Zulu Kingdom, after his life was saved by a British trader.

Mario has the deepest lore of any video game. It's so deep that it goes over most people's head and goes a full circle to seeming shallow.

Zachary Amaranth:

The very first comic is rather political: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/7560-1

2HF:

Zachary Amaranth:

2HF:

Remember that time when I was out of line and you were totally right? It was this time, right now. My bad.

Remember when people didn't apologize online for mistakes they made? It was better.

More sexual tension.

blackrave:

Remember when this comic was about life of Erin and her co-workers?
Good times, good times :(

Who the hell is Erin?

Pyrian:
The very first comic is rather political

Parody post. It's especially noteworthy that the comic is talking about games.

Captcha: you're not listening.

I love the face Peach makes in this. It just works so well, I think she has to show up again in the future.

thundra:

zombiejoe:
I thought they Toads were just wearing hats. Aren't they just wearing hats?

yes and No continuity is fucked in super mario. It's never consistent.

One of the reasons why I have to do a serious rewrite of my fic. Forget consistancy...continuity is pretty much non-existant! Just look at Game Theory's recent look at Rosalina (on YouTube...it's not on Escapist yet) to get an idea!

FenrinaFaerose:

Imp Emissary:
Aren't all the blocks suppose to be mushroom people turned into stone? Meaning all those times you break them, you're actually destroying innocent civilians?

I checked the manual, and I'm pretty sure it's referring to the ? blocks that can't be destroyed. That said, I don't think they're still using that explanation.

They are not useing it anymore but it was everything including the plants.
http://sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/7deadlysins/super_mario_bros_instruction_manual_story.jpg

Revolutionary:
Legitimately sounds like something someone on tumblr would actually think. For that reason I just couldn't find this funny, that's where we're at right now.

can you at least find it amusing...

Thunderous Cacophony:
So in this analogy, is Bowser some Shaka Zulu equivalent, leading a militaristic force of his people to cast out the foreign oppressors?

(Obligatory conspiracy theory that Peach is just the figurehead, and they keep her around to get kidnapped and distract Bowser so Toad Parliament can actually run mushroom kingdom)

I mean tehcnically if Peach were the acting head of state she would be Queen instead of princess.

Andy Shandy:

thundra:

#IStandWithToadsworth

That's gotta be it, Peach is a puppet ruler while Toadsworth is pulling the strings. I mean think about it: the guy's been around and been her mentor since her childhood, it's almost a carbon-copy of the Japanese Cloistered Emperor system.

And perhaps this means Bowser is actually an anallogy for an exterior power trying to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom under the guise of "liberating" it from the monarchy. While actually this is an agreement between him and Toadsworth who supplies him with money and goods in exchange for Bowser forcing Mario (the only independant major force in the Mushroom Kingdom) occupied with maintaining the Status Quo.

I should get out of my room sometimes...

Aww man, I love that imperious, callous Princess Peach.

Murlin:

I mean tehcnically if Peach were the acting head of state she would be Queen instead of princess.

Andy Shandy:

thundra:

#IStandWithToadsworth

That's gotta be it, Peach is a puppet ruler while Toadsworth is pulling the strings. I mean think about it: the guy's been around and been her mentor since her childhood, it's almost a carbon-copy of the Japanese Cloistered Emperor system.

And perhaps this means Bowser is actually an anallogy for an exterior power trying to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom under the guise of "liberating" it from the monarchy. While actually this is an agreement between him and Toadsworth who supplies him with money and goods in exchange for Bowser forcing Mario (the only independant major force in the Mushroom Kingdom) occupied with maintaining the Status Quo.

I should get out of my room sometimes...

The Mushroom Kingdome gets rule by the benevolence King Koopa .

She is Peach Toadstool ,
Mother of Yoshies ,bringer fire flower, breaker of Boxes ,
princess of the mushroom-kingdom and rightfull queen of the mario lands.

Don't fall for those propaganda games by the mario usurpers.
They just want to whitewash their genocide of all non-musrooms
and frame their attempt to kitnapping the heir as a "rescue" opperation.

Xman490:
"The Mario universe is a lot more exciting when you take it as an allegory of European colonialism in Africa."
And even more exciting with Princess Peach in that dominant pose. Then, the thought of item boxes makes it depressing.

I dunno about you, but a certain memory of mine from my childhood, from a Nintendo Power comic strip no less, tells me...

OT: I like the uniqueness of their artistry on this old joke, but...yeah...

Old joke an' all.

Zachary Amaranth:

2HF:

Zachary Amaranth:

This has not happened on the internet. Not ever.

Revolutionary:
Legitimately sounds like something someone on tumblr would actually think. For that reason I just couldn't find this funny, that's where we're at right now.

To me, it sounds like something someone on tumblr would actually think. For that reason I just couldn't find this funny. That's where I'm at right now.

Fixed that for you.

I always assumed Peach is just a Mutant Toadstool. Not in the X-Men sense though, more in the My whole family looks like Werewolves sense (I forgot which Royal Family that was, but I would swear they where Transylvanian). Years of Inbreeding will do that to Royal Families.

nima55:

canadamus_prime:

But, you know, presented less click-baity and obnoxious.

With emphasis on the obnoxious part.

Darth_Payn:

canadamus_prime:

They did. The last two episodes that were shown on the Escapist were about Mario being insane, and there's the one about Mario's possible Communist ties.

Yeah, I didn't watch those. There's only so much of that guy's obnoxious voice I can take.

canadamus_prime:

nima55:

canadamus_prime:

He did an episode once on whether or not certain lady Nintendo characters had breast implants... I just... There is no level on which that is not tremendously dumb.

nima55:

canadamus_prime:

nima55:

He did an episode once on whether or not certain lady Nintendo characters had breast implants... I just... There is no level on which that is not tremendously dumb.

Esp. considering that most of Nintendo's ladies don't feature very prominent boobs. ...with the exception of Zero Suit Samus obviously.

This is precisely why Mario RPGs work so well. Under the veneer of family friendliness there lurks a heart of darkness. That and everything is taken less seriously as it's a video game.

Scars Unseen:

This has not happened on the internet. Not ever.

Well, then, the pattern fits. >.>

Yeah, I remember wondering about that as a kid.
And aren't all the kings in Super Mario 3 human as well?

Which is just boring.
Humans are dull, more shroom-people please.

After reading this comic I wonder... has anyone done crossover fan art of Princess Peach sitting on the iron throne from Game of Thrones?

To the googles!

XMark:
After reading this comic I wonder... has anyone done crossover fan art of Princess Peach sitting on the iron throne from Game of Thrones?

To the googles!

This is a day later but I'm curious as to whether you found anything relevant?

O/T i found this comic very amusing.

Revolutionary:

-_- really? tumblr bothers you that much? Here are some people that can affect real life.

The people in that video can and do cause problems for us in america. I would think these people are satirists or comedians if i didn't know better and they truly are scary versus idiots posting stupid shit on the internet. What I'm saying is, lighten up.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.