Unskippable: Dead Rising 3 - Zombies! ...Again!

Dead Rising 3 - Zombies! ...Again!

You think after 2 previous games, they'd get a handle on how to contain zombies.

Watch Video

Pretty big clipping error around 2:20-2:40 when Nick's climbing through that hole in the fence, you'd think they would've noticed that.

I don't get that plane crash at all. Are they implying the rest of the world is doomed now too?

Because it can't be from an infection inside the city. It's been 72 hours. They started shooting people within a day, they're going to have landed the frigging planes by then. And if there's a zombie outbreak large enough that you are shooting your own citizens, wouldn't banning air travel in the country be the first thing you do?

Maybe I'm thinking too hard for a Dead Rising game (ie at all). In my defence, that deathly dull grey palette is horrible at doing 'fun zombie apocalypse'

Yeah, Dead Rising 3 doesn't make sense in a world that regularly deals with zombies. You think they would have figured out stuff like "Airstrikes: massive damage to infrastructure, slowing down any survival or recovery efforts, while causing relatively little harm to the zombies," "Deliberately shooting civilians is evil and counter-productive from an intelligence-gathering standpoint," and "At first report of zombification, everyone goes to their government-issued shelters, is checked for infection, and put on lockdown while military teams sweep the city. It'll suck spending a week under armed guard, but that's better than literally everyone dying and posing a threat to the rest of the country." Zombies never change how they operate, they're the perfect danger for the military to plan for because it's exactly the same every time.

Also, "Dead Maintaining" sounds like it could be an indie game; you're the only zombie whose mind is intact, and you decide to take care of your undead companions. You've got to herd them away from enviromental dangers, make sure they're fed regularly, and deal with any human incursions coming to wipe you out and take back the city. I'm picturing a cross between Lemmings and Dungeon Keeper. I'd buy it on Steam for a dollar.

Didn't they have medicine to prevent infected people from turning in the last game?
What happened to that?

Waaaaaiiiit... so there was an unrelated zombie situation on this random passenger plane that occurred three days after the outbreak in that city and was entirely separate to this town being quarantined?

Otherwise, why the hell else did it crash then and there...

Aha!

Video game protagonists are all actually Wolverine!

This explains their resilience and regenerating health and complete willingness to slaughter hundreds of people.

Also gritty gruff white men. If I didn't make that connection, somebody else surely would have.

Now I can't tell which of Capcom's zombie franchises have the more nonsensical story: Resident Evil or Dead Rising. If they're going for a "Humans Are The Real Monsters" thing, that's even stupider. If I was in one of those worlds and somebody said that, I'd go "Really? We're the real monsters?!", then pull the head off the nearest zombie, show it to them, and say "Then what do you call THIS?!" Then I'd stick a live grenade in its mouth, pull the pin, and punt it into a crowd of zombies and watch them blow up, because it could be really funny and I have a warped sense of humor.
I guess the problem with all the zombie fiction swarming around us (just like zombies! AH! AH! AH! AH!), and a lot of horror in general, is that they break down in the face of logic. To really see how a zombocalypse will go down, read Cracked's article "7 Scientific Reasons A Real-World Zombie Apocalypse Will Fail (Quickly)"

Bit of Trivia for you.

"Fake Town California" means "The Lost(plural)".
Maybe if people would stop naming their cities after pessimism, there would be less disasters.

Pretty boring again, sorry to say.
"Asura's Wrath part IV: You know we want it!"...

Puppy eyes?

So this seems pretty much like the first one except this time the protagonist is just a rather clueless survivor with a number on his neck, not someone who came in to report on it or a reigning champion in a zombie-killing reality show. Seems like a downgrade really.

I've got it. Nick 12 is the 12th in a line of Nick clones. Next one will be Nick 13.

I blame that wasp.
Obviously in the 15 minutes between the first sighting and the plane crash the wasp became a zombie wasp, flew up to 30000 feet and crashed the plane.

Yeah... I like to think DR3 is kinda-sorta a reboot, because, well, it's pretty hard to retcon a zombie killing reality show and act like it never happened.

Thunderous Cacophony:
Also, "Dead Maintaining" sounds like it could be an indie game; you're the only zombie whose mind is intact, and you decide to take care of your undead companions. You've got to herd them away from enviromental dangers, make sure they're fed regularly, and deal with any human incursions coming to wipe you out and take back the city. I'm picturing a cross between Lemmings and Dungeon Keeper. I'd buy it on Steam for a dollar.

Thunderous Cacophony:

I think I would actually buy that. It would be a nice break from all of the zombie survival games at the very least.

Thunderous Cacophony:
Yeah, Dead Rising 3 doesn't make sense in a world that regularly deals with zombies. You think they would have figured out stuff like "Airstrikes: massive damage to infrastructure, slowing down any survival or recovery efforts, while causing relatively little harm to the zombies," "Deliberately shooting civilians is evil and counter-productive from an intelligence-gathering standpoint," and "At first report of zombification, everyone goes to their government-issued shelters, is checked for infection, and put on lockdown while military teams sweep the city. It'll suck spending a week under armed guard, but that's better than literally everyone dying and posing a threat to the rest of the country." Zombies never change how they operate, they're the perfect danger for the military to plan for because it's exactly the same every time.

You have not played the game, that much is obvious. The protagonist going to a government-issued shelter would be a terrible, horrible idea. The entire city being nuked would be a much better outcome.

SupahGamuh:
Yeah... I like to think DR3 is kinda-sorta a reboot, because, well, it's pretty hard to retcon a zombie killing reality show and act like it never happened.

Thunderous Cacophony:

Thanks for that; I didn't hear much about that one when it came out, so I didn't know it was already a thing.

Denamic:
You have not played the game, that much is obvious. The protagonist going to a government-issued shelter would be a terrible, horrible idea. The entire city being nuked would be a much better outcome.

Well?! Why didn't you start the episode? What's this nonsense of just posting the credits sequence after like 5 seconds of talking?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here