Civilization: Beyond Earth

Pages PREV 1 2

Ahh, I see. Okay, I wasn't aware of that Civ 5 glitch myself until reading some of the comments here. Heh, if I hadn't, I was about to say this comic just had a brain fart.

I'm pretty sure the Kavithan Protectorate is the new Gandhi or at least she should be

Groverfield:
Wait no. I got it. Ghandi will need an ocean full of blood, an ocean so large it will be a planet. He will need a BLOOD OCEAN.

nice Dethklok ref

Now RoboGhandi needs several of his Space Robot Concubines.

Lightspeaker:
To nitpick...the symbol you've used is a "Biohazard" warning not "Nuclear". I see both every day in work. >_>

You've heard of "dirty nukes"? Maybe these were "filthy nukes".

...yeah, that was the best I could come up with. I know, I know. I'll get my coat.

This strip reminded me of this funny Let's Play from Unit Lost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pByLOBSUqTU

Show of hands: who else pictured the captain here being voiced by William Shatner?

Mike Fang:
Ahh, I see. Okay, I wasn't aware of that Civ 5 glitch myself until reading some of the comments here. Heh, if I hadn't, I was about to say this comic just had a brain fart.

Its not really a glitch. Its more likely either an intended joke keeping with the originals, or one of the coders is a sneaky bastard. His AI is intentionally set to use nukes more then everyone else.

I'm finally getting this once my paycheck clears on the 1st - can't wait! It will be like Alpha Centauri all over again!

LordLundar:

BigTuk:
It was a bug the patched out in the early civ games...I don't think it's actually been a thing since Civ 3.....

Well it being a bug hasn't existed since then. The devs got such a giggle of Ghandi being such an asshole that he's intentionally coded that way now.

Yep, seeing as Civ 4 got written from scratch to get rid of all the legacy issues the only reason for Ghandi's continuing behaviour is that the devs now consider it a running joke for the series or something to that effect.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here