Uncivil War: Divekick - There Can Be Only One

Divekick - There Can Be Only One

Can Yahtzee defeat Jim in this one-button fighting game and take home this season's championship? Or will Jim struggle through one more round?

Watch Video

Yahtzee took it surprisingly easy on the fat jokes; I thought he picked Mr. N specifically to nettle Jim.

This was actually pretty tense. I was on the edge of my seat. ...ok not really, but it was pretty tense.

There's 2 buttons.

Jump and Divekick.

Davroth:
There's 2 buttons.

Jump and Divekick.

There ARE 2 buttons. Plural.

That was surprisingly tense. I have to applaud them for that, you can tell they were tense as well because they weren't cracking jokes at each other the entire time, they were too focused on trying to win.

Eric the Orange:

Davroth:
There's 2 buttons.

Jump and Divekick.

There ARE 2 buttons. Plural.

My sincerest apologies for offending you with my lack of grammatical prowess. English isn't my first language. --'

That was... surprisingly tense. I enjoyed it :)

You okay Yatzhee? You sounded...I dunno, vaguely annoyed or too tired or something? Like you ran out of honey for your morning tea, or you dropped a BLT on the floor, ruining it, the carpet and the plate it was on.

Anyone else notice that? Yatzhee just seemed bored/annoyed with the whole thing this week.

There's starcraft in the opening scrawl for the show, so I will continue to hope for a grande finale tiebreak in Starcraft 2.

Did they decide what the forfeit will be? My suggestion: loser has to attend the next Escapist Expo wearing a woman's dress

Chicken hunting on the Italy map in CS: GO

Surely it's time for the Spiderman 2 webswinging race for the finale...

I don't know, maybe a scoring contest in ME3's Multiplayer, random everything, with two random pickups to add more confusion. :)

I knew it! This was the set-up all along!
it was never a fair competition, they're just working from a script. What about integrity in games media?
Get some Gamersgate people in here to find out the dark truth behind this competition!

#Jimspiracy

It looked like Yahtzee had that at least three different times. I blame the hitboxes. I hope they do a triathlon for the finale.

I don't quite understand why I'm so entertained by these. I really look forward to them and yet when I think about the sort of games they've played it's hilariously silly and I love it.

So when they say season finale, does that mean after the next episode there will actually be a period where we don't get these? Or will it just be every time someone gets a total of 10 wins they have some kind of special victory thing? It's kind of unclear.

This has been a great series for me.

For the Finally would you consider "Cook, Serve, Delicious"? Doing a day with Soup, Baked potato, Lasagna, and Nachos lets say for maximum confusion?

The battle kitchen expansion doesn't come out until november sadly, but the base game should be great for laughs!

I look forward to the next show, whatever it is.

Silentpony:
You okay Yatzhee? You sounded...I dunno, vaguely annoyed or too tired or something? Like you ran out of honey for your morning tea, or you dropped a BLT on the floor, ruining it, the carpet and the plate it was on.

Anyone else notice that? Yatzhee just seemed bored/annoyed with the whole thing this week.

We actually had to record earlier than normal this week, so I'm guessing this was "just got out of bed" Yahtzee.

Jinjer:
Did they decide what the forfeit will be? My suggestion: loser has to attend the next Escapist Expo wearing a woman's dress

Wouldn't be a forfeit for me, more like an excuse.

final match 5 nights at freddys 20/20/20/20 custom night the one who survives the longest wins

Jimothy Sterling:

Silentpony:
SNIP

We actually had to record earlier than normal this week, so I'm guessing this was "just got out of bed" Yahtzee.

Well that explains it. Don't call Yatzhee before his morning tea. Thanks Jim! Good job in the war!
Also for the season finale, do Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Straight up knightly duel between you two!

Oh man, tied at 9, and the winner will be decided next week!

SilverUchiha:
So when they say season finale, does that mean after the next episode there will actually be a period where we don't get these? Or will it just be every time someone gets a total of 10 wins they have some kind of special victory thing? It's kind of unclear.

I dread not having one of these every week now. I'm still not used to Tuesdays here without Lisa Foiles.

Jimothy Sterling:

Jinjer:

Wouldn't be a forfeit for me, more like an excuse.

While mowing the winners' front lawn?

I hope we keep this series going. Maybe after next week's Championship match, the winner challenges the Escapist contributor of their choice. Perhaps a gentlemanly duel in one of the multiplayer FPS's, pistols at 10 paces (or nudges of the thumbstick).

I hope the next challenge is cucco baiting in ocarina of time.

Jinjer:

The dress belonging to which woman? Or did you just mean dress, a thing that both men and women can own?

Worse hit detection than Black Ops 1. At least the finale will be intense.

It would be awesome if the next battle happened to be who survived Five Nights At Freddy's. I think that would be good. Or Yahtzee could just do a review if he isn't busy being praised by us.

Evil Smurf:
I hope the next challenge is cucco baiting in ocarina of time.

Jinjer:

The dress belonging to which woman? Or did you just mean dress, a thing that both men and women can own?

Pardon me, in this context I meant a feminine looking dress for the purposes of maximum hilarity. Something designed for men would be a cop-out imho :P

Samael Barghest:
It would be awesome if the next battle happened to be who survived Five Nights At Freddy's. I think that would be good. Or Yahtzee could just do a review if he isn't busy being praised by us.

I second Five Nights, especially with Yahtzee's recorded hatred of theme-park mascots

Really the hit detection took the suspense out for me, though I seem to be in the minority here. I can't really get excited to see the victor decided by the game failing.

Still, one more week, one more week.

Here's an idea: Assassin's Creed - who can manage the longest wild goose-chase? Provoke the guards into chasing you. You loose if you kill someone, get killed or lose your pursuers.

Or steal as many horses of the same color as possible.

Papers, Please: 3 total screwups and you're out

Freebird duel. I think that's what everyone wants. 2 men enter. One loser smashes his fake plastic guitar in victory, the other in disgust at their terrible failure.

I'd like to see a match of Luftrausers, whoever kills the most ships or blimps wins (good luck with that), or I dunno, any excuse to play that game, it's awesome :P

Between the US and Australia I'm surprised there were no lag based fake-out victories.

You know the ones, where you see and hear for a split second that you got the hit, then the characters teleport to a position where it is you who is TAKING the hit. Often a headshot.

FINAL ROUND: Super Smash Bros. 3DS, either Endless Smash and the winner is the one with the most KOs, or Cruel Smash and the winner is the person who survives the longest. To make it fair, perhaps both players must use Mii Fighters of their own creation.

For the finale they should play XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here