Unskippable: Watch Dogs - Hack the Mainframe (Or Something)!

Watch Dogs - Hack the Mainframe (Or Something)!

Well, at least they're not furiously typing on a keyboard in a van.

Watch Video

Need to hack a mainframe? There's an app for that. ...apparently.

Inspired by the Adventures of Lazlo Hollyfeld furiously hacking his screen saver.

Why was this video only streaming at 15 frames per second? :P

You know, Maurice isn't very bright; you can't argue that you didn't know that you'd be hurting kids when there is literally a recording of you saying that hurting his kids is fine by you, one the guy played to you 10 seconds before.

Also, one button hacking? Aiden Pierce confirmed for script kiddie.

We need you to take the guy out. But don't actually just kill him, kill his family and leave him alive. That should end well....

Maurice doesn't really understand the meaning of the word "scare" does he?

I don't think physics would allow that toy sheep to land there.

You'd think Maurice would have a gun on him considering that he kills people for a living.

For some reason title reminded of this moment from RvB

It reminded me of this. That's a good thing. I was excited for Watch Dogs but never actually bought it, don't think I will now!

I was waiting for you guys to do this game! I liked the Internet joke in the beginning and all the times Paul said "hack!" But no jokes lifted from HACKERS? A tad surprising.

canadamus_prime:

You can assume Aiden installed backdoors for himself in the CTOS before hand.

Darth_Payn:

canadamus_prime:

You can assume Aiden installed backdoors for himself in the CTOS before hand.

Presumably, but that isn't funny.

castlewise:
We need you to take the guy out. But don't actually just kill him, kill his family and leave him alive. That should end well....

That's what happened to Job in this one story I read, and the guy that ordered that hit ended up pretty well.

anonymity88:

It reminded me of this. That's a good thing. I was excited for Watch Dogs but never actually bought it, don't think I will now!

And this reminded me of this infamous NCIS scene.

"In more serious terms, this trope has the potential to be socially dangerous. The reason why is because in some series, (particularly police procedurals) and in the media, this trope is used to give Real Life hackers a bad name, and as a general form of fearmongering. It causes technophobic audiences to believe that hackers are more dangerous than they really are, and also promotes the deeply disempowering belief that computers are arcane, mysterious, and hence undiscoverable things, which said audience could never possibly understand, except at the most basic level." [source: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HollywoodHacking ]

Aww, they didn't reach the crazy guy who calls the police to distract people from your crime. So the police don't catch you...

A lot of stuff in this game don't make sense now that I look back on it.

"Popped collars" are a great defense. Nobody looks at you because they write you off as a douchebag.

Anonymity on the internet? But he's a hacker! He will just dox you and stuff! He'll IP your ping and router your mainframe!

Oh, crap. Penny Arcade beat me to it.

I thought it was amusing that you had an objective to shoot the guy, and you can't shoot anywhere else (I think that's what happened), and then the gun doesn't go off.

Roofstone:

A lot of stuff in this game don't make sense now that I look back on it.

I haven't particularly got far in the game, but a lot of it didn't make sense while I was playing it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here