The Escapist Show: Episode 14: EALA Behind the Scenes

Episode 14: EALA Behind the Scenes

The Escapist video crew goes behind the scenes at EALA's Los Angeles studio with Battlecast Primetime hosts David Silverman and Raj Joshi.

This week's musical guests:
Ian Dorsch - "The Escapist Show Theme"
Younnat - "Cardiologists Decided to not Go to Bed"
Martin Ahm - "Raggae Shangaway"

Watch Video

Impressive. I find it very easy to believe that gym really isn't used too often, which gives me another reason to think that EA isn't doing as badly as all their recent layoffs would suggest. It also gives me another reason to wish I worked at a company as big and well funded as EA.

It's interesting to know that despite what people say EA, they don't have flying monkeys and work out of 40ft impregnable fortresses build on a bedrock of pure evil...

...well not in LA at least...

1. Grrr No Zp short or show

2. Very funny EA Cribs ep

EDIT: Read the new update and I must say it sounds great!

Wow, I wanna work there.

Nice, and funny. And by the way Russ, you are very funny.

ph3onix:

Hey thanks! Ben and Raj did all the work on this one, though. I enjoyed working with them immensely.

You guys may have noticed we've made a change to the show. Starting the week, the ZP preview is no more. You'll just have to wait until Wednesday to find out what the game of the week will be.

We've also decided shorts like MovieBob and A World of Her PWN deserve their own playground. Starting very soon, we'll be bringing those short videos to you every Friday as "Escapist Presents" short features. Stay tuned for that. Bob, the PWN folks and lots of other has some good stuff cooking.

Russ Pitts:

ph3onix:

Hey thanks! Ben and Raj did all the work on this one, though. I enjoyed working with them immensely.

You guys may have noticed we've made a change to the show. Starting the week, the ZP preview is no more. You'll just have to wait until Wednesday to find out what the game of the week will be.

We've also decided shorts like MovieBob and A World of Her PWN deserve their own playground. Starting very soon, we'll be bringing those short videos to you every Friday as "Escapist Presents" short features. Stay tuned for that. Bob, the PWN folks and lots of other has some good stuff cooking.

Sweet!

This whole thing fell kinda flat for me. I mean, yeah, they've got a nice building, but we could have guessed that already. There wasn't really anything specifically gaming related, or any real "behind the scenes" on how they work or what they're working on, like your previous tours.

Still, I suppose they wouldn't let you into the real Fortress of Evil anyway...

So Russ punches like one of the Jonas Brothers, huh? Interesting......

And you have dropped the ZP Preview? Thats fine. Although maybe you could just tell us what he's reviewing.

I've been there :D I managed to charm my way into a personal tour of the facility. then they realised that I wasn't in fact the Australian Cultural Attache and i was shortly ejected as it were. also i had no money for the gift shop.

Gummy:
I've been there :D I managed to charm my way into a personal tour of the facility. then they realised that I wasn't in fact the Australian Cultural Attache and i was shortly ejected as it were. also i had no money for the gift shop.

The gift shop was closed while we were there! Can you believe it? I was so bummed.

I can see how this one worked out...

Russ: Hey EA! We'd love to come in and do a segment on your LA facility what do you think?

EA execs: Great idea Russ! Even better...why don't we use EA BATTLECAST to do your segment for you?

Russ: Well...then what will I do?

EA execs: Look Russ, we all have a lot of cappacino bunt cake left to eat. Why don't you head on down and we'll figure it out!

Pretty neat building and ammenities, but by the time we got to the gym I felt like I was watching an over-the-top cribs or on a apartment tour =P Negative? yes, but I have the flu so DEATH TO THINGS THAT ANGER ME!

Fordo:
I can see how this one worked out...

Russ: Hey EA! We'd love to come in and do a segment on your LA facility what do you think?

EA execs: Great idea Russ! Even better...why don't we use EA BATTLECAST to do your segment for you?

Russ: Well...then what will I do?

EA execs: Look Russ, we all have a lot of cappacino bunt cake left to eat. Why don't you head on down and we'll figure it out!

Pretty neat building and ammenities, but by the time we got to the gym I felt like I was watching an over-the-top cribs or on a apartment tour =P Negative? yes, but I have the flu so DEATH TO THINGS THAT ANGER ME!

O_o

/passes Fordo a cup of hot tea

They have a gift shop? That's clearly what we're missing in our offices.

Andraste:

They have a gift shop? That's clearly what we're missing in our offices.

Well we can replace the Tech room or the Art room with a swanky new gift shop. Let's have them fight to the death to decide.

Ah Russ, how you amuse me. I really don't think I'll go to Battlecast,
A) Because I'm loyal to The Escapist
B) They are EA people *shivers*
C) I'd miss the wacky hijinks that ensue when Russ is let out :P

That was pretty cool; nice to see that Silverman can tone things down a little, and also give Joshi a little more room. I like what they're trying to do with Battlecast Primetime.

Russ, you may be smalltime but we love you all the same!

Yup, I've been watching Escapist Show for a while and I think that despite some cheese-factor that is present Russ is doing a great job as a presenter and is in fact the driving force there and already a nice, friendly, familiar face on the internet.

Battlecast Primetime may be a good idea, but it's a shame that the game is not balanced well enough to fully justify marketing RA3 as a competetive e-sport...

Wonderful as usual, but it needs more Russ-Pitt... I gotta have more Russ-Pitt... I gotta fever and the only cure is more cowbe- I mean Russ-Pitt... Eh... Look over there!

*Runs Away*

k_rafftry:
Wonderful as usual, but it needs more Russ-Pitt... I gotta have more Russ-Pitt... I gotta fever and the only cure is more cowbe- I mean Russ-Pitt... Eh... Look over there!

*Runs Away*

Pitts.

Like the city.

Also, the punch had me spitting coke out. Amazing Russ.

I also have a newfound envy for the cafeteria.

Does the Themis HQ have those kind of facilities? :O

P.S:Please bring Jeff back. We miss him.

Aries_Split:
Does the Themis HQ have those kind of facilities? :O

No it does not, sadly. Maybe some day.

P.S:Please bring Jeff back. We miss him.

You'll be pleased to know Jeff and Julianne and I just shot two very funny intros for a couple of future episodes of The Escapist Show. Stay tuned.

This reminds me that level in RA3 where you can destroy the EALA HQ, funny thing is, it has a pirate flag :P.

Anyway, it still seems like a good place to work (just like DICE). And that GYM was totally collapsed lol.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here