You Won't Guess Which of These Strange Science Pics Was Taken in Space

You Won't Guess Which of These Strange Science Pics Was Taken in Space

Can you guess the meaning behind these strange, cute, and scary science pictures?

Read Full Article

And here I thought the Escapist was above click-bait.

These articles keep coming out all messed-up. What on Earth is happening to the page format???

I guessed instantly...the space one was the shitty looking one at the end.

"You'll never guess what this gif of a fish is!"

Is it a fish? Yes. Yes it is. What an amazingly mysterious picture that was. For fucks sake. At least the microscope pictures can sometimes be interesting because we're generally not used to looking at things at that scale, but what retard thought a fucking angler fish was something no-one would be able to recognise?

Thunderblarg:
And here I thought the Escapist was above click-bait.

So did I, and yet, here we both are.
I know the Escapist has good writers and reporters, too bad this one isn't one of them.

In fairness to the writer of this feature, the title was selected by me, the editor. We've run this guessing game a few times before, and there's only so many ways we can phrase "strange science guessing game" without being repetitive. When I first saw that last image, I had no idea it was taken in space, which got me reflecting on the fact that three of those images could have been from space without me realizing it.

I'm sorry if anyone felt clickbaited, but hopefully you ended up learning a thing or two as a result - I know I've always found Marshall's strange science pieces delightfully informative.

This is the strangest click bate title I've come across, followed by a rather dull article unnecessarily broken into 10 pages. I don't get it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here