No Right Answer: New Escapist Show Pitches

Pages 1 2 NEXT

New Escapist Show Pitches

It's time to expand the brand! Are any of the fail-proof shows pitched here the next Escapist hit? You decide!

Watch Video

Hehehe, this was quite funny, well done!
But seriously... Drinking Games HAS to come back, I loved the crap out of that!!!!

And you are right, The Escapist does need more shows. LRR stopped and Jim left...

How can anyone fill a Jim Sterling-sized hole? It's enormous... in terms of integrity-filled lovely content. Love ya, Jim! I'm off to give more on your Patreon!

How about a show of just pitches for other shows? Because this was a damn good pilot for that!

Dan's go-to theme song is Jurassic Park?!

Also, is Chris' slurring starting to sound like Harry S. Plinkett to anyone else?

All of these were funny/fun ideas, but "Chris and Kyle Buy-A-Thing" clearly has the most potential and has the lowest chance of bodily harm (Chris as a glutton, Dan as a drunkard, and Kyle as a binge-watcher would be bad news).

Hey, you said, "You decide!" I'm deciding, I guess.

How about you do a new show where you debate about stuff? You guys should get back on that train, that could be cool. Rather than single sided rants, or whatever today's waste of time was.

This was the best NRA you've ever done which leads me to believe the premise of this show is holding you back. How about some sketch comedy since there's also a gigantic LRR-sized hole there as well.

Fappy:

Also, is Chris' slurring starting to sound like Harry S. Plinkett to anyone else?

If he starts offering us pizza rolls...RUN!

Trunipbob:
How about you do a new show where you debate about stuff? You guys should get back on that train, that could be cool. Rather than single sided rants, or whatever today's waste of time was.

Nah, I don't think a lot of people would really watch that.

Chris Pranger:

Trunipbob:

Really? Damn, I thought I was on to something there. In theory it sounds cool though, yeah? The kind of thing that might attract loyal viewers, who would happily take the occasional detour though the whims of the debatee's mind, but long for the familiar waters of a thunder dome-esque battle of words.

Trunipbob:

Chris Pranger:

Trunipbob:

Really? Damn, I thought I was on to something there. In theory it sounds cool though, yeah? The kind of thing that might attract loyal viewers, who would happily take the occasional detour though the whims of the debatee's mind, but long for the familiar waters of a thunder dome-esque battle of words.

To be completely honest and transparent, the only way we've really been able to judge loyal fan reaction is through the comment section, and the majority of comments have been positive and encouraging when we break with tradition. We went through a period where people kept encouraging us whenever we tried something different and from there it became more about doing what we felt like doing instead of adhering to a strict debate formula, especially when the typical debate episodes either didn't generate that many views or comments. Thankfully we only do this show as a hobby and don't make a ton of money off it, so we're blessed with the freedom to futz with things more than other segments. We do have some more strictly debate style episodes coming up though. Perhaps we'll even do an episode where we debate what format our segment should take. Yes, we will definitely do that episode, it's decided.

How about the Who Would Win / Cards Against Humanity Hour? I remember that a lot of people really liked the WWW videos (along with myself). Although a whole hour might be a bit long...

I'm seriously considering at least four of these proposals. I need Dan to do my taxes ...

Yes, bring back Drinking Games. Expand it from just video games, such as:

Plotzed Pathfinder: sip every time you take or give damage, finish your drink if you take or give massive damage, down a bottle of water if you roll and confirm a one, finish a large shot of straight vodka if you roll and confirm a 20. Play with a party of mostly fighters with keen weapons and defeat your liver!

Sloshed Serenity: just drink and mourn for Shepherd Book the entire time. Take a shot of loathing every time you remember that Firefly was canceled.

In any case, more content is necessary.

I would watch "Something Something LEGO" I would also watch "Dan Drinks a Bottle of Wine and Walks over LEGO."

Attercap:
I would watch "Something Something LEGO" I would also watch "Dan Drinks a Bottle of Wine and Walks over LEGO."

Hahahaha. Ouch. Legos.

I would totally watch you build lego though. Lego is fucking awesome.

Just continue Drinking games. Please. It was fun.

Greg Tito:
I'm seriously considering at least four of these proposals. I need Dan to do my taxes ...

There's love here, Greg. From me to you. I like a good red, btw

A cheap wine/spirits/beer tasting show would be fun with no spitting. You include all the others with it, games, taxes, Frozen fanfiction, and putting stuff in holes.

A show where you just try to read Finnegans Wake for 7 minutes a time could fill a full year.

Greg Tito:

I cast a vote for "Chris and Kyle Buy A Thing." The Escapist would benefit greatly from a candid show with Chris and Kyle and a camera wandering through random stores, commenting on weird items, bumping into customers or having funny, candid conversations with salespeople.

And the material is bountiful. There are a TON of weird specialty shops in any decent-sized city.

Just imagine Chris and Kyle wandering in a smoke shop, or a lingerie store. Hilarious.

I'm being real. This should be thing.

I still don't like No Right Answer, I'd like to see something that doesn't feature either of these guys.

Some funny ideas here (especially LEGO), but if you guys can get Rhymedown and Uncivil War back up and running, that would be sweet. Or, try to lure the Extra Credits crew back to the Escapist.

That Frozen fanfiction, I need it in my life.

Chris, Dan and Kyle read weird fan-fiction or Chris, Dan and Kyle play Japanese games

Alfador_VII:
I still don't like No Right Answer, I'd like to see something that doesn't feature either of these guys.

Gotcha, doesn't feature either Dan or Chris, so the show will have Kyle and Herman. You got it!

How about a cooking show?

"Chris and Kyle bake a cake". I'd watch that!

Or "Chris and Kyle taste a thing". There's tons of strange food from around the world.

...I now realize I did not have quite enough food for dinner.

"Chris and Kyle buy a thing" sounded best of what you proposed.

Greg Tito:

Wait if that's a serious contender I demand I be considered for the role. I'm Irish so I'll be better at drinking and I'm Irish so I don't even have a basic grasp of US taxes. Worse case scenario your taxes will be done so badly that they'll assume there's something seriously wrong with you (like borderline brain death) and even the IRS would feel bad going after you.

you guys do need more space in the site. Here's hoping for that.

I have a beard so I vote for the one about beards.

Also I genuinely think the one about buying stuff from a random shop could be hilarious.

Greg Tito:

You could try some sort of Cringe of the Week format?

Basically, some thread or comment that sounds ridiculous out of (or even with) context. It'd get some funny reactions, I'm sure you could make it work.

Aside from that you can always do "#Gamergate: The Movie: The Show" starring the hacker known as 4Chan, who docks at the Pirate Bay for quests (think There Will Be Brawl meets Unforgotten Realms). If anything Religion & Politics will have a blast...

How about you combine the drinking games with the LEGO? Drunk LEGO

I'm going to be spending more time on the Escapist with all these new shows coming.

I'm starting a new show myself called "I am yhatzee"

It's mostly just me swearing and yelling fan fiction.
Should be a ratings blitz.

Dammit Greg, pay Dan to play with Legos already.

bdcjacko:
Dammit Greg, play Dan to play with Legos already.

I know, right!?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or