Escape to the Movies: Taken 3 - The One Where Liam Neeson Beats People Up

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Baresark:

Shjade:

Baresark:
The idea is that the movie appeals to those people because it's an accurate description of how their lives have gone and how they feel, which is not calling a spade a spade.

...no. The idea is that the movie appeals because it's an INaccurate description of their lives in which they're actually the heroes who know best and if their wives would've just listened to them everything would've been better for everyone. Which, in most cases, probably isn't true.

Eh, rewatch the review. Bob basically gives his opinion on what the Taken franchise is. He doesn't say it's meant to be that way. I just think that is him being bitter and you holding onto every word he says as fact.

You're free to think that if you like.

The "fact," however, is that I called it "the idea," not holding anything up "as fact." Nor have I made any appeal to emotion.

Sorry, Baresark, but judging by your initial reply - the one I got in my inbox, the one you apparently deleted and replaced with this rather more tame (if still misguided) post later - you seem to have more emotional investment in this franchise and Bob's review of it than I do. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to think about, maybe.

Shjade:

Baresark:

Shjade:

...no. The idea is that the movie appeals because it's an INaccurate description of their lives in which they're actually the heroes who know best and if their wives would've just listened to them everything would've been better for everyone. Which, in most cases, probably isn't true.

Eh, rewatch the review. Bob basically gives his opinion on what the Taken franchise is. He doesn't say it's meant to be that way. I just think that is him being bitter and you holding onto every word he says as fact.

You're free to think that if you like.

The "fact," however, is that I called it "the idea," not holding anything up "as fact." Nor have I made any appeal to emotion.

Sorry, Baresark, but judging by your initial reply - the one I got in my inbox, the one you apparently deleted and replaced with this rather more tame (if still misguided) post later - you seem to have more emotional investment in this franchise and Bob's review of it than I do. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to think about, maybe.

That is correct. I decided that it's not worth debating over. And it's not. Both you and Bob are well within your rights to think whatever you want about the movie, just don't be surprised if it appeals to people for other reasons than what you think. I don't have much an emotional attachment to the movies as much as I did to my argument, or to be more precise I found myself arguing for the sake of it when no one is going to change anyone's opinion here. I don't see what you and Bob see, we are just different.

Taken 2 at least was a follow up to NeesonDad basically murdering his way through a dozen mooks (who had families too!) by showing that the families of those mooks are not amused.

It was an extra round that was not needed, but welcome.

Now 3 is just... not needed.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or