Warhammer Fantasy is Having an Apocalyptic Meltdown

Pages PREV 1 2

Looks like they are going full D&D Forgotten Realms 4th edition on Warhammer....not a good thing IMO.

Alleged_Alec:

Also: is it a new tactic for GW to make the half life of huge models a week or two by making them incredibly large and having about two thousand long, thin protruding bits?

Seriously, some of the new army centerpiece models look super fragile.

Some folks might be interested in this though:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677233-Total-War-WARHAMMER-officially-revealed

Looks like there's a New Total War game coming out, and it's warhammer fantasy themed. No idea if it's pre-or post 'End times' though.

I'm entirely unhappy with just about everything suggested in this article. I always enjoyed the scale of WHFB, and i loved the variety and diversity of factions. I've been waiting years for a new Bretonnia book and now they're disappearing entirely and being merged into a bastard child of a faction with empire and dwarfs? And as for the dark elves suddenly being all nicey-nicey not-sick-twisted-fuckers-who-serve-a-chaos-god-by-committing-unspeakable-acts-of-torture and ending two thousand years of deep loathing... with hugs, i guess?
The game of tactics where you manoeuvre regiments of soldiers with precise movements and cunning is dead. The interesting, grounded and engaging lore behind it is dead. Long live Warhammer Fantasy, may we remember the game it once was, not the thing it became in the end.

Oroboros:

Some folks might be interested in this though:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677233-Total-War-WARHAMMER-officially-revealed

Looks like there's a New Total War game coming out, and it's warhammer fantasy themed. No idea if it's pre-or post 'End times' though.

I dearly hope it's pre. Total war has always been about tactics and strategy, not "whoever bought the biggest most expensive model wins"

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.