Erin Vs The Herb

Erin Vs The Herb

The trick is not inhale.

Read Full Article

So what's EDA?

TopazFusion:
Anyone got an ETA on EDA?

Should be dropping in the DMZ at about 0800 (EST).

Akisa:
So what's EDA?

The European Defense Agency. It's where Erin's going to be working in the new plot line. She'll develop as a person, we'll root for her, and she'll eventually have to prevent nuclear war with China.

It'll be really dense; there'll be a lot going on. Hopefully it'll work.

I suddenly wonder how Manny Calavera can inhale.....

Probably a noir thing.

Dr.Susse:

Probably a noir thing.

Probably the same way Columbo never got ashes or burn holes on his coat.

Bonus fun fact: Winston Churchill would stick a long pin through the center of his cigars, so that the ash would never fall and just get longer and longer. He did this to distract people while he was talking or negotiating with people.

Lilani:

Dr.Susse:

Probably a noir thing.

Bonus fun fact: Winston Churchill would stick a long pin through the center of his cigars, so that the ash would never fall and just get longer and longer. He did this to distract people while he was talking or negotiating with people.

Ah yes shear badarsey.

So when did Erin die twice then? Can't say I remember any strips were THAT happened.

When she's high her hallucinations could be from indie games.

Dr.Susse:
ON the topic of weed

You're getting a Canadian education about it right now I imagine. XD

OT: Hmmm, maybe when she's high she starts seeing characters from Steam Greenlight games instead?! O:

Is the armored guy in the last panel the knight from Dragon's Crown?

So when is the ETA on the followup to the WGDF that was teased way back last year?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/11537-WGDF

Or was that just messing with people so that there'd be a flamewar in the comments section? Because if that was the plan, it worked.

Dr.Susse:

Lilani:

Dr.Susse:

Probably a noir thing.

Ah yes shear badarsey.

I believe the term is "badassery".We could learn a few things from Churchill, and some things about his behavior we could not emulate.

OT: Where is she smoking that? Can't be at work. But it's good to see the ol' video-game-characters-in-Erin's-head gang again. That needs a shorter name.

talker:
So when did Erin die twice then? Can't say I remember any strips were THAT happened.

I remember the rat died or at least passed on his role/position of being Erin pet. Don't recall her dying.

Ah who needs continuity?

talker:

:/ I remember her killing a few people, but not dying.

Akisa:
So what's EDA?

1. Ya may want to add more to your post.

2. :D That's Erin's new show.

Best to not expect a sequel. :c

Briantb:

talker:

I remember the rat died or at least passed on his role/position of being Erin pet. Don't recall her dying.

She's died a few times but it's usually implied, within the context of a videogame or due to some sort of hallucination.

Lilani:

Dr.Susse:

Probably a noir thing.

Its also kind of a smartass way of making yourself look classier oddly enough. A finer cigar (and exponentially more expensive as you trace the brands and rolls) develops a longer ash than more poorly rolled cigars. Seeing a 2.5 cm ash is a visual indication that you have purchased a reasonably good cigar, so artificially lengthening your ash like he did makes it seem like you dropped hundreds on a single cigar.

On related note (not really)...

The "420" sign was being stolen so much that state of Colorado recently changed the sign to 419.99

Also "420" is another term for "the herb" (I didn't get it at first either)

Welp, there goes my CM-readership for probably about six months. Too bad, really; I usually quite like the strip. And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling North Americans and your drug culture.

mysecondlife:
On related note (not really)...

The "420" sign was being stolen so much that state of Colorado recently changed the sign to 419.99

That new sign is amazing, who wouldn't want it?! (out of the group of people that would want any given road sign)

MarsAtlas:
So when is the ETA on the followup to the WGDF that was teased way back last year?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/11537-WGDF

Or was that just messing with people so that there'd be a flamewar in the comments section? Because if that was the plan, it worked.

Apparently, they're adapting it into a movie: It's going to be an origin story about how the WGDF got started and how they banded together.

James Nyugen is on board to direct.

So, I guess I'll be boring and be the first person to point out that, actually, marijuana isn't a hallucinogen? The effects are a bunch of completely different ones to like your mood and, famously, appetite.

mysecondlife:

4:20, and after a while of it being a tradition, also the date 4/20, are traditional times to consume it, it's not a slang term for the substance itself.

Johkmil:
Welp, there goes my CM-readership for probably about six months. Too bad, really; I usually quite like the strip. And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling North Americans and your drug culture.

Are you serious? Oh my god, what country are you even from?

So I really don't know about EDA. I could be a very exciting story from a new perspective.... or it could be "CADbortion 2: Return of the Drama".

Anyways, I glad to see a new comic with her hallucinations, it's been a while since we had one of those.
Now if only there could be a new comic with more of her co-workers.

Rowan93:

Johkmil:

Yes, I am serious - the six-month-estimation is based on how long it took me to come back to Penny Arcade after one of their strips following the Washington legalisation. It is one of my political pet peeves, and thus I vote with my traffic.
The country is Norway, by the way - that long, fiddly coastline in the north of Europe.

Johkmil:

Rowan93:

Johkmil:

Yes, I am serious - the six-month-estimation is based on how long it took me to come back to Penny Arcade after one of their strips following the Washington legalisation. It is one of my political pet peeves, and thus I vote with my traffic.
The country is Norway, by the way - that long, fiddly coastline in the north of Europe.

Yeah, I know where Norway is, I'm actually British - in my experience America doesn't seem exceptional for its drug culture compared to the rest of the anglosphere, which is one of the thing I thought was off (also, I rarely if ever encounter people who are actually against marijuana to any extent beyond "it's not my thing" - the emotional tone intended in my previous response was amusement at finding someone with such weird-according-to-my-experience beliefs "in the wild").

Johkmil:

Rowan93:

Johkmil:

Someone remind me to start mainlining heroin in 6 months' time.

Rowan93:

Yeah, I know where Norway is, I'm actually British - in my experience America doesn't seem exceptional for its drug culture compared to the rest of the anglosphere, which is one of the thing I thought was off (also, I rarely if ever encounter people who are actually against marijuana to any extent beyond "it's not my thing" - the emotional tone intended in my previous response was amusement at finding someone with such weird-according-to-my-experience beliefs "in the wild").

The location description was not meant as snark, just me thinking simply writing Norway would be a bit dull.

On a continued note; anyone experiencing hallucinations from marijuana should seek medical help as it is not a hallucinogen, and thus it is something latent in your brain, not in your smoke. Might have been triggered by the drugs, but it is not a side effect that is "supposed" to happen.

The Wooster:

Someone remind me to start mainlining heroin in 6 months' time.

That comment alone probably speeded my return along by several months. Keep up the good work, Wooster, and please do not give arbitrary triggers such as mine too much thought. (I now fully expect "Erin, the Spoon and the Needle" at some point in the future. Please do not disappoint me.)

Johkmil:
[quote="Rowan93" post="6.868765.21750443"]On a continued note; anyone experiencing hallucinations from marijuana should seek medical help as it is not a hallucinogen, and thus it is something latent in your brain, not in your smoke. Might have been triggered by the drugs, but it is not a side effect that is "supposed" to happen.

My first guess if someone hallucinates from "weed" is that it wasn't actually weed. Like, I've seen multiple anecdotes on Reddit of someone having their first experience of salvia, a potent (and according to most stories, horrible) hallucinogen, when a "friend" gave them a joint without telling them what was in it. But yes, if you hallucinate and you're sure it was just weed, see a doctor.

So Erin still sees videogame characters? It's been so long since this was brought up that I kinda assumed she had gotten over it or something.

Olas:
So Erin still sees videogame characters? It's been so long since this was brought up that I kinda assumed she had gotten over it or something.

Well, the hallucinations, I'll assume, are a plot device or just character development. Erin is a girl who seems to turn to her digital escapism since her adult life in the work force is pretty crappy as displayed in the older comics. Since the accident, it gives some insight on how deep she can be in video game wonderland.

Olas:

She did get over it actually(Temporarily of course). It took a while for me to remember it, but in the last story arc, it ends with one of her hallucinations saying to another that they are going to take a break, and that they earned it, cutting to Erin on the bus. I'm pretty sure that was implying that her mind was somehow giving her a break from the insanity of herself.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/9804-The-Knight

Johkmil:

i don't understand, you're so against even the depiction of marijuana that you'll quit reading a strip because of it? is that's what happening here?

... why?

Oh yeah, Erin's crazy. That doesn't really get brought up that often lately.

Also marijuana doesn't cause hallucinations. If you or someone you know is taking what you/they believe to be marijuana and you/they start having hallucinations, it's not marijuana, or it's something to do with your brain.

Whoa, who's the cute bear on her balcony? Please become a regular!

waj9876:
Oh yeah, Erin's crazy. That doesn't really get brought up that often lately.

Also marijuana doesn't cause hallucinations. If you or someone you know is taking what you/they believe to be marijuana and you/they start having hallucinations, it's not marijuana, or it's something to do with your brain.

Or it's been laced with something else, though why they would use a more expensive additive and charge marijuana prices would be beyond me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here