Afterbirth

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Afterbirth

The miracle of childbirth.

Read Full Article

This is definitely going on the bucket list.

Stuff like this is why I love Erin. Stuff like this, man.

That was hilarious and terrible. I loved it

I want to see the reaction of having her newborn stuffed in a her it would be horrifyingly funny

Okay if you don't get the reference be honest I want to know, how well known this reference is in today's world.

Ok, Eren stays far away from anything important. Just for raisens.

Grey:
invites a shit ton of lazy "hurr durr CAD MISCARRIAGE" comments and chances are I would have murdered someone before the arc was done.

I don't think that's fair. I love the Escapist's forums because crap like that would be removed and I find the user-base to be better than that.

OT:That was awful, bordering dark humor and I loved it!

P-89 Scorpion:
Okay if you don't get the reference be honest I want to know, how well known this reference is in today's world.

Do you doubt our total recall of memes? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

ALIEN! D:

Its pretty magical indeed!

Skeleon:

P-89 Scorpion:

Do you doubt our total recall of memes? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I work with people in there 20's who have never seen Jurassic Park, Independence Day, Predator and Terminator because there're 'old' films. So yes I do.

I'd have gone for Aliens myself.

Did, uh, did the baby still have the umbilical cord attached when she was in her mom's arms?

P-89 Scorpion:

At first I didn't. But then I searched the quote, saw the first image and said "Oh! That movie!"

Darth_Payn:

Did, uh, did the baby still have the umbilical cord attached when she was in her mom's arms?

Yeah. And... she didn't have it after Erin pull her out of her shirt... :S

With the title, I thought it would have something to do with the Binding Of Isaac.

Not sure whether the actual strip is more or less weird than a potential BoI strip.

My ex-wife had a cesarean when our daughter was born, and I got a photo of her being pulled out. Was calling her "my little xenomorph" for a while there.

Also, relevant:

I am sorry, but why would we be making miscarriage jokes? That seems kinda awful?

I don't get it..

Roofstone:
I am sorry, but why would we be making miscarriage jokes? That seems kinda awful?

I don't get it..

There is a comic called Ctrl+Alt+Delete that had the main characters girlfriend go through a miscarriage for "Character Development".

It didn't go well.

That second panel baby is creeping me out.

Hm, it's not often comics feature "live baby" humor and have it be funny.

Jiffex:
There is a comic called Ctrl+Alt+Delete that had the main characters girlfriend go through a miscarriage for "Character Development".

It didn't go well.

Sadly, a lot of that comic hasn't gone well. I really wanted to like it, but.....

Anyway, I'm glad I've been reading Critical Miss for a while now, I still feel like I'm ground floor enough on it that I can link an especially good one to someone and they won't reply, "yea, saw it 4 hrs ago, get with it grandpa."

Roofstone:

I don't get it..

Because some of us have rather extreme senses of humor? I know I've made a few over the course of my life.

OT: Brutally funny and a waste of a white shirt.

Roofstone:

I don't get it..

As Jiffex said it is a jab at the web comic Ctrl+Alt+Delete. KnowYourMeme has your back: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cadbortion

Precious memories with Mini-Mol.

Scars Unseen:
My ex-wife had a cesarean when our daughter was born, and I got a photo of her being pulled out. Was calling her "my little xenomorph" for a while there.

Also, relevant:

Being able to survive an injury like that must mean she was blessed by the prophet Andraste.

On Topic: Isn't that a very dangerous way to handle a newborn infant?

As someone who has a 4 week old daughter, and 2 year old son, I have to agree... with Erin, their pretty gross when covered in 'the goo'.

But they get better once cleaned up!

I don't get it.
Yes, I KNOW what it is about, but still don't get it.
Also I will admit I am a little sensitive when I see this kind of humor...

I guess we all are xenomorphs at one point in our lives.

The weird thing is. My girlfriend is pregnant and about to burst...So now we're just waiting around on the birthing to start lol. This is also pretty much how I envision it happening.

"This is a strip I've had in my head for a long time. When I originally wrote it (back in year one, I think) it was going to be part of a larger arc covering Mol's teenage pregnancy (including the lawnmower incident) and Erin's initial resentment of young Mini-Mol. I eventually ditched it, mostly because covering pregnancy in a gaming webcomic invites a shit ton of lazy "hurr durr CAD MISCARRIAGE" comments and chances are I would have murdered someone before the arc was done."

Damn it internet, this is why we can't have nice things. I want to know what the lawnmower incident was! Seriously, I miss the little story arcs they abandoned. Maybe we'll get more in EDA.

For the record, this was the funniest Critical Miss in a long time. I wouldn't mind seeing more in this vein of humor. I love the art in it as well.

Jesus it's been a while since I've seen Total Recall. Welp. Gotta go do that now. Nice Critical Miss. Brightened up my crappy day.

That was the most touching, beautiful, disgusting thing anyone has ever done. Godspeed Erin, you magnificent bastard. Godspeed...

Anyone else question Molly's judgement in letting Erin hold her new-born child?

Best laugh I've had all day. Thankyou for making a cold feel better!

God damn, dude. That WAS magical.

CaitSeith:

Darth_Payn:

Yeah. And... she didn't have it after Erin pull her out of her shirt... :S

I think that was the moms pink hospital wriststrap thing. Of the unfortunately large number of hospitals I've been bleeding in they seem to normally be white, but I have come across coloured ones in the past.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here