Tank Blitzkrieg Quiz

Tank Blitzkrieg Quiz

Think you know all there is to know about tanks? Prove it in this quiz!

Take the quiz!

Caramel Frappe:
Okay... Barbas freaken knows his history revolving tanks and war segments.

Have you seen how much time he spend at it. Anyone could have had a 10/10 if they spend that much time looking things up.

'Bohnen erfordert Heinz'

Harhar, very funny :)

Rabbitboy:

Caramel Frappe:
Okay... Barbas freaken knows his history revolving tanks and war segments.

Have you seen how much time he spend at it. Anyone could have had a 10/10 if they spend that much time looking things up.

I don't know what I borked up for the time to come up like that. I must have left the window open and gone to lunch. XD

Groenteman:
'Bohnen erfordert Heinz'

Harhar, very funny :)

Did the translation experiment work? Does it makes sense in German???

As an expert on tanks and military history I got 6/10. Also what does 'Bohnen erfordert Heinz' mean?

Goddamn it, I got 8/10 on my first try and then fucked everything up! Arggghh.

I got 9/10, didn't get the Guderian question. That was hard quiz had to really think about that one

Xan Krieger:
As an expert on tanks and military history I got 6/10. Also what does 'Bohnen erfordert Heinz' mean?

Heinz needs beans

Barbas:

No. Only one answer made even remotely sense in German... :D

RoonMian:

Barbas:

Darn.

albino boo:
Heinz needs beans

Was supposed to be "Beans Means Heinz", or as close as I could get it without sloppy translation errors. I guess the English people studying German would understand it, though. XD

I love how every single person who got 100% was incredibly obviously looking up all the answers. It does not take 7 minutes to answer 10 multiple choice questions. Note that people with less than 100% generally finished in around 2 minutes or less.

Fairly surprised I managed 60% though. A couple seemed to have fairly obvious answers, but I didn't actually know a single one for sure.

7/10 on the first pass but whizzing through quizzes was never my specialty.

Good quiz with a lot of history in there but the Matilda tank was misspelled! :P

Barbas:

RoonMian:

Barbas:

Darn.

albino boo:
Heinz needs beans

Was supposed to be "Beans Means Heinz", or as close as I could get it without sloppy translation errors. I guess the English people studying German would understand it, though. XD

Shoulda asked one of the German guys hanging out here like TheKasp (I think that was his name, brony avatar).

Also "Bohnen erfordert Heinz" is more like "Beans requires Heinz", "erfordern" is a higher register than "brauchen."

Even though I totally bombed with a 50%, I thoroughly enjoyed this quiz. One of the best ones on this site in awhile. Good work, Barbas.

i scored 3 out of 10.. which is surprising since i guessed on all of them.. who the hell would know the answers to this crap? people in the military i guess.. but no one else.. i knew none of the answers and guessed on all of them

Hey hey, 7/10! That's not bad considering the quiz was more trivia-based then I expected. Now to read up on that British tank unit deployed during the Russian Civil War....

Dragonlayer:
Hey hey, 7/10! That's not bad considering the quiz was more trivia-based then I expected.

I got 6/10, and that would be my complaint about the quiz. Answers that have relevance outside a single event are better than being the only time anyone's cared which town so-and-so did such-and-such in in seventy years.

Thanks for the great quiz Barbas! There were some quite obscure questions in there. The one about the Allied intervention in the Russian Civil War proved rather difficult.

This was definitely the hardest quiz I've ever taken on The Escapist. There was some relatively obscure trivia in there. If I had known there was a prize involved, I would have tried to cut my time down before finishing the quiz.

Huh, so people actually do get given prizes for looking up the answers on Wikipedia. Nice to know for next time I guess.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here