Escape to the Movies: Jupiter Ascending - Tries But Fails

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Nimcha:
It seems to be the only thing people make these days though, sci-fi wise.

Guardians of the Galaxy? Edge of Tomorrow? Interstellar? Lucy? Predestination? The Signal?

What about straw man moralizing, a la "Fascism/caste sytems are Bad"? Divergent? Hunger Games? Maze Runner?

Belaam:
The ads did look a little scattered, sad to hear that seems to be true of the whole movie.

I'm assuming Seventh Son is also a mess, but has anyone seen it to confirm/deny?

its not good and its not bad. To put it bluntly its a nice fantasy movie but you could see it had great potential and they kind of screw it up.

Bob just used screenshots of a Mexican animated film from the 80's called Katy la Oruga. That must be the most obscure thing he's referenced...in a while.

ecoho:

Belaam:
The ads did look a little scattered, sad to hear that seems to be true of the whole movie.

I'm assuming Seventh Son is also a mess, but has anyone seen it to confirm/deny?

its not good and its not bad. To put it bluntly its a nice fantasy movie but you could see it had great potential and they kind of screw it up.

I just saw both movies and Seventh Son was a good mid-evil movie with interesting concepts though I thought the ending made no sense. Than I looked it up and found it was on a book series call The Spook's Apprentice and the movies story was made up from parts of the 7 + books not just the first one. At least I have a new book series to read.

As far as Jupiter Ascending, loved it. I find it funny Bob thought it might have been cut down from it's original length because it could have been cut even further with some up the repetitive close-ups that was in it. Not sure why Bob dissed the fight scenes. I thought these were quick and to the point while the Martix ones were way to drawn out. The story made sense & the whole movie was fun to watch.

Starring: Mila Kunis (Not Cunis)
And, I saw it the other day, and my gods, is it hard to keep the names of the siblings beyond Titus straight. I also wondered what happened to their assistance droid in that sequence about bureaucracy... he's there, he's there, he's there... final scene? Gone. No explanation.

This movie is actually pretty good. I've never seen so many special effects in any movie before. It has more special effects than The Fifth Element. The storyline isn't really that deep tho. For the entire first half of the movie, they didn't even explain why the aliens were chasing after her, and trying to kill her, and you're just left wondering what the hell was going on. But the second half of the movie was pretty good when they finally started explaining everything. I give the movie an 8 out of 10.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here