Heroes of the Storm Beta Key Giveaway!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Heroes of the Storm Beta Key Giveaway Main

Edit: LIVE IN THE EU? CLICK HERE.

Thanks to our good friends at Blizzard Entertainment, we're offering The Escapist community a chance to be part of Blizzard's latest foray into MOBAs, Heroes of the Storm. Join the epic battle between heroes representing more than 20 years of Blizzard gaming history in their closed beta test of the game. We have received thousands of beta keys just for The Escapist Community. Today, Publisher's Club members received early access to 500 of those keys and they can't wait for you to all to join them.

Over the next seven days, we will be distributing thousands of Heroes of the Storm beta keys in not one, but THREE contests. The first will be right here below for a chance to win one of one thousand keys. The second will be next Monday, where you can take our Heroes of the Storm Quiz for a chance to win one of 200 sets of five keys. Third, keep an eye out tomorrow for our new column "This is How We Do It." Readers of the inaugural column will be entered to win one of 250 keys. Enter them all for extra chances to win!

PS - We'll also be giving away beta keys via our Twitter accounts. Be sure to follow us!

How to Enter Here

• You must be a registered member of The Escapist.
    You can sign up for your free account by clicking here, or Login with Facebook.
  • Complete the form below and submit your correct answers for entry.

The Rules

• All contest submissions must be in no later than February 19th at 17:00 EST for a chance to win.
  • Beginning February 12th, winners will be drawn and notified every day at 17:00 EST.
  • You may only enter each contest once.
  • If chosen as a winner, you'll be notified via PM on The Escapist with your unique Heroes of the Storm Beta Key.
  • You must be a resident of the US or Canada for the keys to be valid.

If you win a key, here's how to activate it:
1. Go to Battle.net/code
2. Create a Battle.net account. If you already have one, log in.
3. Enter your closed beta key into the field provided.
4. Download and install Heroes of the Storm and Battle.net desktop for free.
6. When installation is complete, press ‘Play' in the Battle.net desktop app.

For more information on Heroes of the Storm or the Blizzard universe, check out their website: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/

The contest has ended!

Thanks for your interest, but this contest is now over. Keep checking The Escapist for more contests and giveaways in the future.

Ooh!

we will be distributing thousands of Heroes of the Storm beta keys in not one, but THREE contests

OOH!

You must be a resident of the US or Canada for the keys to be valid.

Oh.

Wake me up when there is an EU contest.

Laggyteabag:

We're working on trying to get some EU codes as well. Stay tuned!

Aw man, if this was 2 weeks sooner I wouldn't have bought the founders pack. Oh well good luck to everybody out there and see you in the Nexus :)

s0osleepie:

Laggyteabag:

Oh, I will.

Just gonna wait right here.

OT: Good luck to everybody who enters though.

I'm not calling BS on this or anything, but I'm just wondering when blizz suddenly reversed their decision to not give out keys, and instead use the opt-in/bundle as the way to join.

I await you in game to fuck you up/play beside you as Tyrael.

Charli:
I await you in game to fuck you up/play beside you as Tyrael.

How's he doing without Cast Aside? I don't play him, though I know he's good.

Uratoh:
I'm not calling BS on this or anything, but I'm just wondering when blizz suddenly reversed their decision to not give out keys, and instead use the opt-in/bundle as the way to join.

I don't think Blizz stopped doing key giveaways when they started offering the bundle. Either way, a post from someone who gets a key would be a nice reassurance.

Just 2 more minutes before the first winners are announced. I hope I win.

thesundaypaper:

I don't think Blizz stopped doing key giveaways when they started offering the bundle. Either way, a post from someone who gets a key would be a nice reassurance.

No, I mean at some point they said they weren't doing 'key giveaways' and instead only throwing out invites to opt-in set accounts, to avoid the scalping insanity that went on with Hearthstone. This doesn't mean they aren't giving away keys now, I just hadn't seen an announcement on it. I could, in fact, be blind.

Edit: Googling for myself found an article put up on the 9th of Feb that yes they're doing beta keys/etc now.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/heroes-of-the-storm-beta

I wasn't doubting the Escapist, it was just a surprise to me. Hope to see all the winners on the battlefield!

tf2godz:

I'm hoping they are late because I haven't gotten anything yet. :(

Edit: I got a key! You guys are wonderful!

Hey I got a key, thanks everyone at the escapist! :)

:) Joined...entered...won!

:( Used up all my good luck for the year

I WON! Thank you guys !

I just got home from work to read the post T_T no chance for today.

You must be a resident of the US or Canada for the keys to be valid.

Awww...

s0osleepie:

Laggyteabag:

Yeah!

Also it kinda hurts when keys are won by accounts created on 12 Feb 2015, but that's random chance for you.

dangoball:
Also it kinda hurts when keys are won by accounts created on 12 Feb 2015, but that's random chance for you.

I had a friend opt in to the beta and get an invite 5 minutes later. Random chance is crazy like that.

thesundaypaper:

tf2godz:

I'm hoping they are late because I haven't gotten anything yet. :(

Edit: I got a key! You guys are wonderful!

jsbradley7:
:) Joined...entered...won!

:( Used up all my good luck for the year

Teleiotatos:
I WON! Thank you guys !

... wow. And not five posts between them.

Got a key. Thanks guys. Unfortunately it says my account is not licensed for the game. Changed password and reinstalled game along with trying all regions. Hope they get it fixed...soon.

Edited - Hum. Working now. Thanks again Escapist.

BTW. Really enjoy your site.

s0osleepie:
snip

Thank you for the competition - I got a key! But.. I never wanted one.. and I live in the UK. Ahem. I only entered for the badge (thank you again!).

Am I able to give my key to someone else, please?

Got a key, works fine for Australian residents just for the record. Shame it really isn't my kind of game i don't think after a few hours with it

thanks escapist :D btw the link to battle.net/code has gone a little awry lol just so you know

Hey Suck it, Aussies can get codes :D

Cheers Ninja!

There is no 'form below' to complete...

Aethren:
There is no 'form below' to complete...

There is a small grey box at the bottom of the article which you click to opt into the giveaway.

Wooo beta keys, hope I can get lucky been really itching to give this game a try.

Teoes:

s0osleepie:
snip

Thank you for the competition - I got a key! But.. I never wanted one.. and I live in the UK. Ahem. I only entered for the badge (thank you again!).

Am I able to give my key to someone else, please?

Feel free to give it away to anyone you wish! The only thing I would recommend is using PM or another private way to do so. If you post it on the forums, it might get swept up by a bot.

WWmelb:
Got a key, works fine for Australian residents just for the record. Shame it really isn't my kind of game i don't think after a few hours with it

thanks escapist :D btw the link to battle.net/code has gone a little awry lol just so you know

Oh, it works in Australia too!? That's great news! Thanks for letting us know :)

Laggyteabag:

s0osleepie:

Laggyteabag:

Oh, I will.

Here is a link to our EU keys contest, as promised ;)

s0osleepie:

Laggyteabag:

s0osleepie:

Oh, I will.

*GASP* NOW IS MY CHANCE!

s0osleepie:

Laggyteabag:

s0osleepie:

Oh, I will.

You have my European love!

OMG, thank you soo much! I've been wanting to try the game for a while, and had never received an invite. So happy to be selected as a winner. ^_^

I have a question about the servers. If I wanted to play with someone who is in EU, is she able to just play with me on the NA server with her normal account? Or does she have to create an entirely new account and get an NA beta key? :/

Matenshi:
OMG, thank you soo much! I've been wanting to try the game for a while, and had never received an invite. So happy to be selected as a winner. ^_^

I have a question about the servers. If I wanted to play with someone who is in EU, is she able to just play with me on the NA server with her normal account? Or does she have to create an entirely new account and get an NA beta key? :/

I think as it stands, EU players can only play against EU players, and NA players can only play against NA players. I don't think there is a way to change region without getting a new region-specific beta code. Region changing will probably be added in closer to launch, like it is with Hearthstone and StarCraft 2.

Oh Beta key oh Beta key I really want you Beta key. Oh Beta key oh Beta key I really want you Beta key. I'll wait so long for you to be, in my grasp ohh can't you see. Oh Beta key oh Beta key I really want you Beta key

Ohhh man, looks like I gots me a key.
Thanks for doing this contest, I've been wanting to join my friend in the game for a little while now. I wish everyone else luck in getting a key of their own.

Thanks so much for the key Escapist. Didn't realise it was US and Canada only before I won it so I did the right think and gave it away to a player that could use it. EU keys please.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here