Miniature Invasion: The Kickstarter Success of Mantic Games

Miniature Invasion: The Kickstarter Success of Mantic Games

Mantic Games is preparing a new line of sci-fi miniatures for a Kickstarter campaign to begin next week. We find out more about Deadzone Infestation.

Read Full Article

This may seem silly, but I'm really looking forward to this. I'm also still hoping to see Kingmaker Games do their War Prime miniatures for the human faction. I'm kind of trying to get a collection of Space Marine lookalikes (or, if you're mean, rip-offs) to add to my base game. I don't play WH40K, but I'd like to do some more assembling and colouring and having a rather diverse, even slightly haphazard collection of Space Marines would work just fine for me. And it's not like grunt so and so couldn't qualify as, say, a Tactical Marine or guy with a big gun as a Devastator Marine or what have you, should I ever actually want to play the game. I'd like to see more of these to mix and match.

I like Mantic for their customer friendly pricing and how good some of their miniatures are starting to look. It's also nice to see somewhere that reports on wargaming as being more than GW and (occasionally) Privateer Press.

I'm happy for them, and for us. Games Workshop REALLY needs some competition.

wAriot:
I'm happy for them, and for us. Games Workshop REALLY needs some competition.

Yeah, games like this and War Machine are good for that industry as it varies up what people can play. The problem is getting the word out. Games Workshop has stores dedicated to just their games and they hook people in with their gaming days and painting sessions etc.

We need GW to have some competition.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here