Cruelty

Pages PREV 1 2

Reminds me of my 14yr old nephew that removed the fan from his Xbox 360 after it started rattling and buzzing, it apparently lasted under a minute.

My friends Dad was another classic, his ageing HP Pavilion desktop was annoying him because every 5-10 mins it would shut down and he had to keep restarting it. The CPU thermal overload protection was kicking in, did he try cleaning it, attempt to diagnose the issue or replace any defective fans?

Nope, he went into the BIOS and turned off the thermal protection. It partially solved the problem I guess, he didn't need to keep restarting it because his next shutdown was the last...

OMG! That owner is sick! It's too much! I can't stand what they show in there! T_T

>.> wow ... I suddenly don't feel quiet as bad about the neglect' my PC gets.

I mean I at least take an air can to it now and then, I even take the side off to do it to.

i would be like....
hell i HAVE been like that once with a pc that came into work. though i have to admit there was no partialy decayed rat carcas ontop of its graphics card....it had onboard....

the worst i have ever had was a machine that had been used by a very *very* heavy smoker.
you know how the cpu fan gets covered in fluff and dust, and you can just carefully ease it away with a nail or the edge of a screwdriver?
when i did that....the plastic itself came away, leaving little almost hamster like chewed marks on the plastic. the tar and so on had eaten away at the plastic of the cpu fan....

*shudder*

Well, my cpu is from 2009, still works and never saw an aircan. I use a bottle-brush and the vacuum cleaner.

*sniff* Dammit, this comic isn't suppose to make me feel things...

I'll never buy a can of compressed air again. A few months ago, I discovered that I could put the hose on the other side of my vacuum, so that it blows air. It's like having the hose of God. Just don't breathe the tan colored cloud that inevitably comes out.

Alcom1:
My eye twitched when I noticed that the cooler's plates face the wrong direction.

Never look at the inside of a H8-1234 from HP then... My dear old dad bought me one a few years ago as a present *Shudders* The GPU fan was smaller than a shot glass... And it just gets worse from there.

With respect to the strip, embraces computer sobbing I'm sorry I promise to run System Care on you more often... And to delete Windows 8.1 from your poor hard drive.

EDIT: Corey and Grey at least have good taste in music.

Is that a dead rat in panel 4?

I dunno how you people bragging about taking an aircan to your rig every 6 months do it. I get antsy if I go longer than 3 weeks.

oh god is that a dead mouse ... I'm gonna throw up.... This ACTUALLY happened to me in a parttime PC repair job I took. There was a dead mouse in an ancient compaq who's fan had burnt out. I felt dizzy and had to leave the building. Don't let this happen ever again, please, not even to a frikkin walmart computer.

I that reminds me that I need to purchase a new can today. Cannot be to careful with dust and your 'puter.

Reminds me of the inside of my brother's old desktop, dust everywhere, but it was a Dell, and they knew they were selling to people who didn't know shit about computers so it kept working. Now they got tablets and laptops.

Supahewok:
I really must take umbrage with this strip.

There's no way somebody with a CRT monitor would have a GTX 970 GPU!

Strip was a nice laugh.

Edit: Watched the video. Very interesting look at how the strip is made, along with comics in general.

Some of the really hardcore games use high grade CRTs because of the complete lack of input and response lag and NO screen tearing. They are really popular with fighting game hardcores.

CRTs also have better contrast and spectrum ratios than a flat panel can even hope to achieve. A really good CRT can manage at least 720p at 60hz meaning with some tweaking you can actually get better graphics out of a CRT than than a flat can manage, just at a slightly lower resolution.

The reason flatscreens killed CRTs was entirely due the their size, not their image quality.

Dhael:

Supahewok:
I really must take umbrage with this strip.

There's no way somebody with a CRT monitor would have a GTX 970 GPU!

Strip was a nice laugh.

Edit: Watched the video. Very interesting look at how the strip is made, along with comics in general.

Some of the really hardcore games use high grade CRTs because of the complete lack of input and response lag and NO screen tearing. They are really popular with fighting game hardcores.

CRTs also have better contrast and spectrum ratios than a flat panel can even hope to achieve. A really good CRT can manage at least 720p at 60hz meaning with some tweaking you can actually get better graphics out of a CRT than than a flat can manage, just at a slightly lower resolution.

The reason flatscreens killed CRTs was entirely due the their size, not their image quality.

Really? That's interesting to know. My memories of CRT from when I was a kid tell me that they were overall inferior to my modern flatscreen, but its been probably a decade since I last used one and those probably weren't great quality monitors either.

I would totally watch that show! I have a very hairy dog so have to clean my pc out every other month or so. Its amazing the amount of dust that builds up. But yeah, if someone doesn't hurry up and kickstart that show, life isn't worth living.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.