The Critical Miss Guide to GPUS

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

That expression, ha!

Shame it was blurred out. There's not been enough monster cock in my day so far.

Edit: that unblurred pic of Erin (thanks, Twitter!) is definitely going into my desktop wallpaper folder when I get home. Looking forward to the Mrs spying it.

If you guys want to see Erin's anatomy uncensored, I think Grey still has a link on his Twitter.

When I first saw it yesterday, I was ludicrously concerned about the direction of today's comic. xD

I've seen enough hentai to know where Oh wait, that very clearly is where it's going.

Also, Rule 34 does just as much weird tentacle stuff as actual hentai.

I have an irrational loathing for people who boast about how much money they've blown on their PCs, probably because I can't afford to do the same.

EDIT: I could hide behind excuses like, "Boasting is unseemly and obnoxious," but nah, I just wish my e-peen were five feet long.

TopazFusion:
LOL!

And on this day we discover that Erin has man parts. Very very big man parts.

I thought the pink squares were a clitoris. Then thought much creepier thoughts. Like how far stretched out are those female parts.

Heh. Maybe you should have stayed with one "blurred thing" for Erin too?

I know that it is supposed to be two schlongs... but the way it is drawn it seems more like two very streched "lips".

EDIT: IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING!

The messages I'm getting from this are:

A GTX 960 or 970 is plenty to please.

The big boy GFX cards from a couple years ago have shriveled up.

I should try giving my GTX 465 a little blue pill to see if it will run some new things.

(And, always have some anime school girls on hand if you try quad SLI).

Tell Cory and Grey they're the fanfic and fanart catalysts.

Alternatively this explains some of the earlier characters.

Hairless Mammoth:

Yeah, I'm wondering what happens when these cards get a bit old and are replaced by one or two new generations of cards. Does everyone's genitals all shrivel up?

Pixellated cocks. 0/10

It's a shame I can't afford any of these cards :/

Oh my god!!! New Rule 34 images of Erin are going to flood in thanks to today strip!!

Ignoring the Rule 34-esque stuff (actually, trying and failing miserably), I have a question.

GPU? Why am I reminded of EPUs from "Cubix"?

I guess it would have far too inappropriate for Erin to not be wearing tights. :D

I need to see Erin uncensored!!!

" its ridiculous 12GB of VRAM (though knowing Nvidia it's probably 11.5)"

Lol, so true (long live the inside jokes!)!!!

I was under the impression the benchmarks had it at around the performance of 2 980s. Was that just exaggerated bullshit or am I missin somethin?

Too bad you had to censor it. Those bad boys should never have to be caged.

IceForce:

Hairless Mammoth:

Yeah, I'm wondering what happens when these cards get a bit old and are replaced by one or two new generations of cards. Does everyone's genitals all shrivel up?

Sadly, no one can escape getting old.

I see you decided to get ahead of Rule 34 and just release the stuff uncensored yourselves. Very thoughtful. In a manner of speaking.

id hate to see the size of the upcoming 390x or the new gen Nvidia chips on pascal next year.

shintakie10:
I was under the impression the benchmarks had it at around the performance of 2 980s. Was that just exaggerated bullshit or am I missin somethin?

Yeah the Titan X is benchmarking at about the same as 2 x 980s or a R9 295x2. The main difference is that the Titan X is on a single GPU chip while the Sli 980s are R9 295x2 both have two which causes problems thanks to bad SLI/Crossfire support in a lot of games.

TopazFusion:
LOL!

And on this day we discover that Erin has man parts. Very very big man parts.

EDIT: Okay, I have to post these tweets, because they're just too funny.

This was so much more entertaining than the actual strip, and that was funny enough :P

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I don't know why you'd want Titans, even with their memory bus (the old GTX 200 series had wide buses to make up for the fact they had DDR3 memory if I recall).

Zipa:

shintakie10:

Yeah the Titan X is benchmarking at about the same as 2 x 980s or a R9 295x2. The main difference is that the Titan X is on a single GPU chip while the Sli 980s are R9 295x2 both have two which causes problems thanks to bad SLI/Crossfire support in a lot of games.

In that case, not sure why it would be considered to be underwhelming. Its got far more VRAM than the 295x2, wont have the problems that SLI and Crossfire generally have, runs far cooler than the R9 295x2, stays cool off a simple fan (seriously, a regular fan...how the hell is that possible?) and has ridiculously low power consumption for being so beefy.

The downside, holy crap is that expensive. No doubt I'd buy one if I had a spare grand lying around, sadly that's about a 6 weeks pay. Heh.

I always suspected erin was a dual wielding monster cock futa all along. She's impressively skilled at hiding the fact!

Erin, you might want to get that/those looked at by a pro. Nothing there looks right.

Ha ha ha! So bad.

So Erin is a futanari. It's great how the things are censored just like if they were actually drawn by a Japanese person.

The last panel just confirms the joke.

My understanding was that the Titan was a card meant for 3D rendering work, not gaming. It's just that too many PC enthusiasts think "more expensive card" = "more FPS in my games"; and nVidia's marketing department hasn't gone to any real trouble to tell them otherwise.

I have dual 980s in my new rig which I had to scrimp a lot for a couple of years to afford, and all of a sudden I feel underendowed. :)

As somebody who works for a small company that just bought a Titan X to do CUDA-accelerated machine learning, the Titan X is pretty damn far from disappointing.

Awesome comic; having just spent 2 days researching if a 980M in a laptop would be 'big enough' I know this feel :D

I have a 970, so if I'm interpreting this correctly that means I just barely missed being required to take my pants off in public right? Woo!

It's the best outcome for everyone involved.

... and yet I'm still attracted to Erin.

shintakie10:

Zipa:

shintakie10:

In that case, not sure why it would be considered to be underwhelming. Its got far more VRAM than the 295x2, wont have the problems that SLI and Crossfire generally have, runs far cooler than the R9 295x2, stays cool off a simple fan (seriously, a regular fan...how the hell is that possible?) and has ridiculously low power consumption for being so beefy.

The downside, holy crap is that expensive. No doubt I'd buy one if I had a spare grand lying around, sadly that's about a 6 weeks pay. Heh.

Honestly if you don't need to replace your GPU right now then the best bet is to wait for AMDs 390 which is out later this year or Nvidias new gen card on their new chip called Pascal which are due out next year especially if what Nvidia says is true about Pascal being ten times more powerful than a Titan X. Plus if your current GPU is ok then you should get more mileage out of it anyway with future gaming on DX12 since it is much better at using the resources it has available to it than 11.

The other factors worth considering are that the upcoming cards will be fully DX12 enabled which the current gen ones aren't, that and them being more powerful means you will get better results with 1440p or 4k gaming. The costs are also to be more in line with what you would expect for a high end GPU rather than twice the amount as is the case with the Titan X.

The Rogue Wolf:
My understanding was that the Titan was a card meant for 3D rendering work, not gaming. It's just that too many PC enthusiasts think "more expensive card" = "more FPS in my games"; and nVidia's marketing department hasn't gone to any real trouble to tell them otherwise.

Actually most PC enthusiast know that it's not a 'gaming' GPU. But like the strip suggests it's the ultimate E-peen card and if you can afford to get it then you might as well show it off... :P

And it's a bit of a last Hurrah for the chip as HBM and GDDR6 will roll in for the next generation and the GPU's will go down to <14nm.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here