#008: Rad's Solution

Pages 1 2 NEXT

#008: Rad's Solution

It's innovative at least.

Read Full Article

[Use an epic voice] When the Nazi ItaniPakistanites attacked the Mushroom kingdom, all seemed lost. Their freedom would be taken. [Explosions] Their rights destroyed. [More explosions] Unitil, [cut to black], one man rose to stop them...

Troy baker: Itsa me...Mario! [Explosions and machineguns]

TB: Wahoo! [Obligatory missile launch]

[Brief view of Bowser in a mechsuit]

TB: Mama Mia!

Rad: "Has he tried jumping on their heads?"

Erin: "Does teabagging count?"

Jandau:
"Has he tried jumping on their heads?"

"Does teabagging count?"

Balls of steel could have the same effect

Can you jump on Bowser's head? If you drop him in lava, does that mean he won't come back?

Oh please, it's Asian season now. Middle East was so 2013.

Jandau:

You ninjaing ninja, you! I was gonna say that, you ninja!

Queen Michael:

Jandau:

But yeah, it should count - it's on their head and it IS a sort of hopping motion...

Brown dudes? Call of Duty 1 - 3 and World at War are against German's, Modern Warfare 2 and Advanced Warfare are against American's and Modern Warfare 1 and 3 and Black ops 1 are against Russian's all white guys, that's 9 out of 11 games.

Huh, this is probably my favourite so far. I'm sure a lot of people won't see past the CoD bashing, but it's sweet how naive Rad is.

P-89 Scorpion:
Brown dudes? Call of Duty 1 - 3 and World at War are against German's, Modern Warfare 2 and Advanced Warfare are against American's and Modern Warfare 1 and 3 and Black ops 1 are against Russian's all white guys, that's 9 out of 11 games.

The first mission in Black Ops 1 is in Cuba. Not a lot of russian soldiers there... (unless they got a bad suntan)

CaitSeith:

P-89 Scorpion:

The first mission in Black Ops 1 is in Cuba. Not a lot of russian soldiers there... (unless they got a bad suntan)

Maybe if they set a game in Essex, then we can fight orange people.

TopazFusion:
These game titles are great plays-on-words.

Also, jumping on their heads is crazy enough that it just might work.

And the coins they'll produce can make it easier to maintain an arsenal!

Rad's face in the very last panel is too cute, there needs to be plushies of him ASAP.

Poor still innocent minded Rad Panda, run away while you still can.

Jandau:

If this were YouTube comment, I wouldn't be sure whether to give you a thumbs-up in agreement or a thumbs-down because that was the joke I was going to make, too.

Queen Michael:

Jandau:

Wait, what? I've been ninja'd in my complaining about ninja-ing?!

OT: I like this one, but it feels a bit like preaching to the choir. Call of Duty and its spunkgargleweewee ilk have been the butt of the joke for so long now, that it's kind of a given to joke about their sameness, simplistic gameplay and iffy portrayal of its villains. I hope we'll get to see something more... unexpected in the near future. :-)

Now this is a good joke indeed.
Rad Panda Versus Generic Protagonists.

P-89 Scorpion:

CoD4 : pretty much every enemy you fight as the U.S. are Arabs or Arab-looking peoples of Unspecifiedistan. As the S.A.S. you do fight mostly Russians, correct.
WaW: As the U.S. you fight the Japanese. The Soviets fight the Germans. (Unfortunately the British campaign was cut).
MW2: Mostly Russian enemies. Right at the very end you do indeed fight some Americans and very early on you fight some Brazilians and some Afghans (separate levels).
BO1: Mostly Russians again (if memory serves), some Vietnamese, some Cubans, and in one level, a handful of British troops (S.A.S. I think).
MW3: More Russians, a few Africans, can't remember too much about this one.
BO2: I don't even know.
Ghosts: Mostly Middle/South-Americans, I think?
AW: I think you fight a PMC or something?

It's not all about shooting brown dudes, but there's quite a large helping of brown dude shooting in there. Can't really be helped when the core of the game is "shoot dudes".

Now I've seen a lot of CoD jokes. I've suffered through a lot of bad, lazy CoD jokes. This wasn't one of them.

That was adorable.

Too bad they're slowly killing the jump button in every genre outside of platformers. Those fucks!

So uh, Calling Of Courage huh?

Is it just a coincidence that the title abbreviates to COC?

Keeping in mind the uh, recent critical miss comics, I'm going to say... No. XD

JenSeven:

CaitSeith:

P-89 Scorpion:

Maybe if they set a game in Essex, then we can fight orange people.

Essex?
I thought the Orange People lived in Japan?
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro

CaitSeith:

P-89 Scorpion:

Was talking about the big bad of the respective games and Cuba is 64% white according to a 2012 census.

P-89 Scorpion:

CaitSeith:

P-89 Scorpion:

Was talking about the big bad of the respective games and Cuba is 64% white according to a 2012 census.

And real-life census are relevant in the Black Ops made-up Cuba because...

CrystalShadow:

With the current trend of additional titles and hyphens, I'm surprised they didn't just go for something like: Calling of Courage - Killzone.

Jandau:

Rad: "What's tea-bagging?"

Erin:"I'll tell you later." =D

SweetShark:
Now this is a good joke indeed.
Rad Panda Versus Generic Protagonists.

Well, we already have a Ball Bat, so maybe their next stowaway from a game will be a Captain Walker/Pryce lookalike. Probably should keep Rad away from Spec Ops: The Line, though...might traumatize him.

P-89 Scorpion:

9? 11? Oh well gee willikers, that sure ain't ominous.

Jandau:

Actually in Unreal Tournament 2004 one could jump on an enemies head to damage them, if at great hight. This is hard to execute though since 3D platforming in a fast paced arena shooter.

I love your new comic! I really hope it will stay on the Escapist!

I love your new comic! I really hope it will stay on the Escapist!

Silly Rad... Those people can't jump due to hardware limitations...

Oh wait...

"Does he ever beat them?"
"Sort of. The always come back."

I think they just summed up our foreign policy. There, military, try jumping on their heads. That'll do it.

Skeleon:

CrystalShadow:

With the current trend of additional titles and hyphens, I'm surprised they didn't just go for something like: Calling of Courage - Killzone.

Heh. Well, maybe that would have been too obvious... XD

You've hit gold with this one, guys. EDA has been dark but endearing - I'm hooked. It has become my main reason for checking The Escapist, even on days when it is not scheduled to come out (just in case there is a glitch or something).

Kudos. Keep it up!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or