Everything You Need to Know About Fast and Furious

Everything You Need to Know About Fast and Furious

Whether you've seen them all and just can't remember specific important details, or you are a complete newbie to the franchise, we've got you covered with the ultimate guide to the Fast and the Furious franchise.

Read Full Article

I knew there were a lot of them but damn... I have a LOT of movies to catch up on apparently. <.<

Who turned out the lights?

Never seen a Fast and Furious film before but this was a damn good write-up

Now I could see the new one if wanted! :D

So if you had to rank them, what would it look like?

All you need to know is that the movie franchise jumped the Shark around 4 or 5 movies ago, this was the point when it went from being about street racing with side crimes to Vin Diesel and his international gang of driving heroes. Dunno what's more worrying that this franchise made it to 7 movies with an 8th planned or that the guy responsible for the shark jumping is going to direct the next Trek movie.

PsychicTaco115:
Never seen a Fast and Furious film before but this was a damn good write-up

Now I could see the new one if wanted! :D

So if you had to rank them, what would it look like?

4 > 6 > 3 > 1 = 5 > 2

If you count Furious Seven, which I have now seen but hadn't when writing this, it'd go like this:

7 >> 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 = 5 > 2

So was the reason Drift was retroactively made to take place after 4, 5 and 6 only so they could have Hans in those movies without there being a continuity snarl? I mean with how inconsequential it is, was there really a reason to make it important to the series? Doesn't seem like this type of movie franchise needs to take cannon too seriously given how it takes nothing else seriously.

Plus, the serial escalation is laughable in and of itself. Not that I'm complaining, the only thing I'm trying to figure our is weather to watch Drift 3rd or last before going to see the new one.

The first movie was the best one. It was a decent car movie with just enough character development to make a passable story.

The second movie was little more than a video game Let's Play.

The third movie was a lesson in how NOT to drive fast (the chase scene where they're drifting in and out of traffic, when there's an empty lane RIGHT THERE that they could simply speed away on), but at least they went back to having real cars in it.

The four movie was forgettable. I've honestly forgotten what it was about. And I just read the synopsis.

The fifth movie makes a lot more sense when you realize it shares a canonical universe with the G.I. Joe movies.

The sixth movie I've not bothered to watch yet. But Cinema Sins did did an episode this week that showed how badly the physics failed in that movie (RIP Reel Physics).

The seventh movie is just hype, but so far I've really enjoyed the TV interviews with the movie's "car guy".

Not sure if I'm going to go see Seven or not. Paul Walker was a great guy and I'd like to see what sort of tribute they make to him, and I've been a long time fan of Vin Diesel (I've even forgiven him for The Pacifier), but I need my car movies to have believable physics.

Fast and Furious movies and Shutokō Battle games (aka Tokyo Xtreme Racer aka Tokyo Highway Challenge aka Import Tuner Challenge) are kind of something i have a thing for...

I was going to skip 7, but now I'm intrigued.

Kurt Russell have much of a part? I'm old and nostalgic. It would be good to see him. (Wonder if he'll be in the expendables.)

Gorfias:

Kurt Russell have much of a part? I'm old and nostalgic. It would be good to see him. (Wonder if he'll be in the expendables.)

He actually does. It's kind of surprising how much he was in it, actually.

Too cool. Me and my buddy are sure to see this due to that if for no other reason.

Marter:

Gorfias:

He actually does. It's kind of surprising how much he was in it, actually.

Too cool. Me and my buddy are sure to see this due to that if for no other reason.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.