T-Shirt Contest Now Live

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

T-Shirt Contest Now Live

For months now, you've been emailing us with your ideas for cool new Escapist t-shirts. Now it's time to put your designs to the test. We're giving you the chance to create the next Escapist t-shirt that will be up for sale at The Escapist Store. And to sweeten the deal, you get a badge just for entering!

The Prize

The prize for winning this contest will be your shirt up in our merchandise case for all to see, buy and wear! We'll also send you one of your shirts to wear, free of charge and with all the bragging rights that come with it, not to mention a different badge for winning.

This contest will run from February 9th through to February 17th.

Check out the main entry and rules that go along HERE

I'm having trouble uploading an image. It is a JPEG and I've tried uploading it from various locations but I keep getting an error message (an Escapist one) stating its lack of JPEG-ivity.

As a note, your FIRST submission HAS TO BE ENTERED through our contest link or front page banner. All further submissions can be sent via email to [email protected] with the following information:

Escapist Username
Title of Shirt (if there is one)

You may attach multiple images to the same email if you prefer.

NOTE: If the above information is not entered correctly or you have not submitted your entry through our contest link...these submissions will not count.

Wait, there's an escapist store?

edit: Oh yeah. Never noticed that tab...

Singing Gremlin:
Wait, there's an escapist store?

Yup, right at the top of the page with the other links...right next to subscribe

I demand royalty fees if I win! =P I kid, I kid. This is awesome. I was just thinking about how the Escapist needed another contest too...

Excited, I am!
But:
I'm getting the format error message, although I saved the pic as both jpeg and png...
What gives?

I browsed Splitreason and found a shirt that reminded a bit about my entry.
Does a different shirt design still count, if it says something similar?
If not, please ignore my submission.

I've entered this. I'd just like confirmation though - my design is a style parody of Zero Punctuation, but I created all the graphics myself. I'm presuming that's okay?

NAL:
I've entered this. I'd just like confirmation though - my design is a style parody of Zero Punctuation, but I created all the graphics myself. I'm presuming that's okay?

Yup, that's fine.

Scypemonk:
I browsed Splitreason and found a shirt that reminded a bit about my entry.
Does a different shirt design still count, if it says something similar?
If not, please ignore my submission.

Sure, that will work as well.

GoblinOnFire:
Excited, I am!
But:
I'm getting the format error message, although I saved the pic as both jpeg and png...
What gives?

Same here, mines in the PNG format but it won't take it.

dalek sec:

GoblinOnFire:
Excited, I am!
But:
What gives?

Same here, mines in the PNG format but it won't take it.

I tried to submit mine as a JPG, but it couldn't upload it for some reason.

Then i tried as GIF, and that worked, try that.

Have no fear, we are working on it :)

Those of you encountering the errors, which browser are you using (including version number)?

Edit: we fixed an issue concerning Internet Explorer refusing to indicate image file type (amongst other types) that it was uploading (security 'feature' included in of Windows' updates... awesome). If you were using IE to upload and couldn't, try again.

And it works now for me, thanks Escapist Tech Staff!

T-shirt ideas submitted to The Escapist must be the exclusive property of the contest entrant and have never before appeared in any form anywhere.

Does this apply to using graphics which are used or featured by the Escapist itself, i.e. Zero Punctuation characters or the Escapist logo? Just wondering before I go off and have to draw them all myself >.<

Outta curiosity, if two people were to work on one image; who gets credit?

Howdy Jeff, Escapist Team.

I've started on my design for the contest, however I've got a whole bunch of questions:

1) Are there any places on the shirt that we can't have things printed (i.e. the back, sleeves.)

2) Do you want to see entries in varying colour schemes or angles?

3) Would you like the base image along with the one on the template?

4) Will the wizards art team touch up the winning entry before it goes to print?

5) Preferred file format?

6) Is there anywhere we can download the "e" device? The reason I ask is that I don't trust my drawing skill to get it just right, and would like to rotoscope.

Novajam:
4) Will the wizards art team touch up the winning entry before it goes to print?

That is the question that I would like to ask. You see, my entry was pretty crappily done (hey, I'm inexperienced and I had limited resources!), and I'm just crossing my fingers, hoping that the prize goes to the winner based mostly on the idea.

I mean, I did the rough design, but a bit of work from a pro would make my entry look a whole lot more... what's the word... wear-in-public-able.

I'm wracking my brains trying to think of a good visual to go along with my slogan:

"I gave away a free t-shirt design to a private company who sells it for $19 a pop!"

PANTS-ON-HEAD RETARDED been taken.

I have likely a dumb question ... but if our idea was very good, but wasn't able to be portrayed the best say due to the fact that we only have MS Paint to work with instead of per example Photoshop ... if the design is good, but it's not executed the best, would there still be a chance of winning.

I think in short form, if the idea is good but the exectution isn't blow you away good are we penalised?

I'm getting in on this, I've got an idea for a ZP style shirt. I have a question, since it'll be in the cartooney little Zero Punctuation style is it ok if I have one of the characters holding up the middle finger? The joke is much funnier that way and its going to be aimed at another character on the shirt.

Ah well I gave it a go. Mine is pretty simple, but I much prefer simple shirts.

I can't get to send my T-shirt layout, because I've done it on paint. I can only send GIF, JPEG, or PNG. It's not good. It's hurting my head! 'aaahh!'

Someone lend me a hand on this *not literally lend a hand but 'Help'* please...

Edit: Oh yeah, mine's a ninja bunny, but you can't really tell...but it is a bunny face.

Smeggs:
I'm getting in on this, I've got an idea for a ZP style shirt. I have a question, since it'll be in the cartooney little Zero Punctuation style is it ok if I have one of the characters holding up the middle finger? The joke is much funnier that way and its going to be aimed at another character on the shirt.

I have a ZP shirt! and I love it!
Sorry, I just couldn't resist the feeling of bragging about it.

Locust:

Does this apply to using graphics which are used or featured by the Escapist itself, i.e. Zero Punctuation characters or the Escapist logo? Just wondering before I go off and have to draw them all myself >.<

No it does not. Since we are the owners of the Escapist brand, as well as any Zero Punctuation IP we have the right to reprint as we see fit. That line is to keep from submitting a design that has already been done, say in another store for another company.

Spleeni:
Outta curiosity, if two people were to work on one image; who gets credit?

This question was asked in IRC yesterday. Basically, if two people work on a winning design then they will need to notify us of the collaboration. This way we can award both of you the special badge and send you both shirts.

Novajam:
Howdy Jeff, Escapist Team.

I've started on my design for the contest, however I've got a whole bunch of questions:

1) Are there any places on the shirt that we can't have things printed (i.e. the back, sleeves.)

2) Do you want to see entries in varying colour schemes or angles?

3) Would you like the base image along with the one on the template?

5) Preferred file format?

6) Is there anywhere we can download the "e" device? The reason I ask is that I don't trust my drawing skill to get it just right, and would like to rotoscope.

Hello,

To answer your questions:

1. Not really except for the collar. We've printed all over the front, sleeves, back and sides of these shirts.

2. It's up to you but sometimes a design in one color scheme will look better in another, as we've seen with our current products.

3. Not necessary unless we pick you as the winner. If this happens then we will request any files you have to work from.

4. Yup, that's the plan. After all we have a better grasp of what the printer will need.

5. JPG, PNG, or GIF

6. I'm afraid not. Though you may be able to get a better capture off of the current store offerings. Check them out here.

bickster:
I have likely a dumb question ... but if our idea was very good, but wasn't able to be portrayed the best say due to the fact that we only have MS Paint to work with instead of per example Photoshop ... if the design is good, but it's not executed the best, would there still be a chance of winning.

I think in short form, if the idea is good but the exectution isn't blow you away good are we penalised?

Short answer: no you will not be penalized. We know that not everyone is an award-winning artist, but what we'd like to see is a basic representation of your design. That said, we will definitely take into account everyone's individual artistic abilities. If it looks like you tried then we will give you the benefit of the doubt. :)

Murrah:
I can only send GIF, JPEG, or PNG.

Those are the formats that we accept when you submit your design. No need to break out the AI or EPS files :)

Smeggs:

We'll look at it and if it's not too offensive we'll give it serious consideration. Look, we printed a shirt that says "Retarted" on it. If in the right context some of the more controversial phrases or images can work.

I'm guessing that I can't use copyrighted characters, like, say, Mario, regardless of context or idea.

Myan:

Novajam:
-questions snip-

-helpful stuff snip-

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!

I have noticed that my creation looks better in something other than forest green on high-hex blue (my "working colours") :P

Am I allowed to brag that I managed think of something that is not ZP related?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here