Ammunition

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Ammunition

We make bullets for idiots.

Read Full Article

I was expecting this to be much more of a jimmy-rustler than it seems to be, but then I've not been getting my panties twisted over these recent artroversies.

Me likey.

Something tells me you've been reading the comments for a certain other webcomic...

I have a feeling this comic will make the rounds

I love this so much I want it permanently etched into my eyeballs.

That is why content creators (ones who actually make stuff) need to ignore outragists using words like "problematic" and "uncomfortable".

And of course all of the modern words accusing the creator of having certain unapproved thoughts.

The trolls are like the bogeyman, they only have power if you give it to them.

Hey Grey, this is exactly what we mean by not bringing art into politics. It's not the strawman people make it out as "not putting politics in art" it's exactly what you just depicted.

The Wooster:

We make bullets for idiots.

#Shotsfired.

OT: I really like this one. Too bad Erin didn't make an appearance though.

I think some people might be a tad bit irate about this, but I liked it.

Great comic I loved it and cant wait for the rage to come from it x3

In my opinion, this comic is sadly true.

I still like it though.

You know what's sad about this comic? What's truly sad about it? The quality is still better than what I can draw.

Sadly true of many "controversies" in art.
I wonder how many people are going to miss the point and think this is just about the initial person who is angry.

And yet another example of Pyramidhead being used out of context. Pyramidhead was a creation of the town of Silent Hill, a reflection of James Sunderland's bottled-up sex deprivation and lust, due to his dying wife and devotion to wanting to please her, up and including helping her with euthanasia that she asked for. Hence why the first time you see P-head, he's raping some poor innocent mannequins.

This comic though, should be used as a public service announcement every time a new comic artist starts work or draws something that might be viewed as controversial. This being the internet, pretty much 2 stick figures can be viewed under that context.

What is this SJW bullshit? We can't get angry over nothing anymore? what is this North Korea? I'm reporting you to my local Menist community leader. He'll boil you in a jar, just like that pony, a couple of months back!

I'm obviously kidding.

"We make bullets for idiots."

God I love when Critical Miss takes a break from the straight-up funny to lay a universal truth on us.

Oooh, edgy.

Heh, look at one of the tags: "can't wait to see this on imgur without credits"

Evil Smurf:
What is this SJW bullshit? We can't get angry over nothing anymore? what is this North Korea? I'm reporting you to my local Menist community leader. He'll boil you in a jar, just like that pony, a couple of months back!

I'm obviously kidding.

I find that no place requires me to Google things more than the Escapist. This time it failed me. What's a Menist?

18 comments talking about the comments they expect to see. Is there a term for the opposite of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

On what is clearly an unrelated note, Erin Dies Alone is a superb comic.

Bob_McMillan:

I find that no place requires me to Google things more than the Escapist. This time it failed me. What's a Menist?

A typo of "Meninist".

rembrandtqeinstein:
That is why content creators (ones who actually make stuff) need to ignore outragists using words like "problematic" and "uncomfortable".

And of course all of the modern words accusing the creator of having certain unapproved thoughts.

The trolls are like the bogeyman, they only have power if you give it to them.

And why do you get to make that decision for them? Why can't it be their decision? Why is it fair to them that if they don't make the change, they've got a ton of people bitching, and if they do make the change, they've got a ton of other people bitching? Why should they not be allowed to change their art due to such things simply because an irrational hate mob will go after them if they do when an irrational hate mob is already after them anyways? Puts them in a very unfair position, don't you think?

I've only got two things to say:

1) I'm getting the message that I really ought to play BattleBlock Theater

2) I'm going to use this strip as ammunition

Now I know I'll be playing BattleBlock Theater when I get home.

This comic describes my recent experiences completely.

My d6 and my d4 absolutely hate each other. Never stop bickering. The littlest thing, or even nothing at all, can set them off.

...in fairness, though, it's usually my d4's fault.

Absolutely great comic, Grey.

Hah, the "Can't wait to see this one on imgur with no credit" tag really slayed me. But what's the "certain other webcomic" that is generating all this apparent controversy I'm missing out on? Is it Erin Dies Alone? I didn't see anything particularly riling about that, so far...

I dont quite get it. Why is square head tearing up the art? Isn't he the one that wants to defend/preserve it from Triangle head?

wizzy555:
Hey Grey, this is exactly what we mean by not bringing art into politics. It's not the strawman people make it out as "not putting politics in art" it's exactly what you just depicted.

Well said.

Anyone who has studied art history or even flipped to the back of a newspaper knows politics exist in art, but not every piece of art invites political discussion.

Where's my dose of offensive funny? I want my dose of offensive funny...

The comic is great, I really like it, it's just sad.

FUCK YOU CRITCAL MISS!!! CIS WHITE SJW SCUM!! YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE MADE THIS I DEMEND IT TO BE PULLED FROM THE ESCAPIT!!1!! HOW DARE YOU!!! I'M GONNA BOYCOT THE SHITT OUT OF YOUU!!

#jokeing

Gasbandit:
Hah, the "Can't wait to see this one on imgur with no credit" tag really slayed me. But what's the "certain other webcomic" that is generating all this apparent controversy I'm missing out on? Is it Erin Dies Alone? I didn't see anything particularly riling about that, so far...

I'm guessing it's Full Frontal Nerdity. Some people don't seem to like it as much.

cthulhuspawn82:
I dont quite get it. Why is square head tearing up the art? Isn't he the one that wants to defend/preserve it from Triangle head?

That's the point - their argument is not about the picture, neither Triangle nor Square care about the picture one bit, just their offended sensibilities. The picture became nothing but a bullet for the idiots to shoot at each other.

cthulhuspawn82:

Perhaps the point is that whichever side of the argument these people find themselves on, they end up doing more harm than good. Also the point of it not being about defending the art but going out to be mad at THE ENEMY and in the end, just using the original subject as ammunition in the war.

DementedSheep:
Sadly true of many "controversies" in art.
I wonder how many people are going to miss the point and think this is just about the initial person who is angry.

Already right up there in comment #6.

Just waiting until Steam gets made at you for using their mascots from last year's summer sale. Then your strip gets to be used as ammunition for fighting over copyright laws! :D

cthulhuspawn82:

Thats the point. Square-head not truly defending the art, they're using it as ammunition to fight with some people who personally offend his sensibilities. Nobody is truly interested in the art, or at least, no more interest than enough to use it to take swipes at each other.

Edit: Take for example the Pillars of Eternity thing. They changed the joke. Then some of the people who were seemingly defending Obsidian's right to keep it in were suddenly calling for boycotts of the game. They don't care about Obsidian as far as the studio is a tool to them.

Edit 2: This isn't even the top comment giving this impression in the same thread, its just the one that cuts to the heart of the matter the fastest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/30rk3d/you_realize_obsidian_is_going_to_cave_right_all/cpv4xb9

... I have to say this kind of feels weird coming from the guys who have made a conscious decision to create high yield ammunition in the past for no purpose beyond it being used as such.

I can't help but feel this is your rebuttal to my last conversation with you...

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here