United Kingdom Privilege (NSFW)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

The benefits of being British. And you are British, Gav. Whether you like it or not.

Read Full Article

I'm from the non-english part of the word, I can call you things that would make your ears bleed in languages you can't begin to comprehend! :D

Also, love the crayon-drawn Irish passport.

Jandau:
I'm from the non-english part of the word, I can call you things that would make your ears bleed in languages you can't begin to comprehend! :D

What do you mean? That's exactly how our passports look.

Also the claiming of an Irishman as British is more than a little bit cunty.

You cunt of a cunt's cunt.

Cunting cunt of a comic. Well done, you cunts. ;D

This reminds me of a song I just discovered by Kat McSnatch.

EDIT:

Oi cunts, you saying Aussies aren't allowed to say cunt?
We say it a shitload more than you bloody Poms do.

Jandau:

Hehe, same here. I'm from Sweden, and the Swedish language has this beautiful and extremely handy trait that lets you combine almost any two words to form a new one. It opens up a whole new world of insults. :D Heck, we even have at least one song that is entierly compsed of one long string of insults. It's beautiful.

Soon people will be more offended by actual cases of racism rather than the utterance of a word to trigger revulsion.

Seems a bit niggardly to be offended at the "n" word when it is - just like "cunt" - being used more and more ironically or as a term of endearment.

The Wooster:

The benefits of being British. And you are British, Gav. Whether you like it or not.

Read Full Article

Mate, we've had over a century of stuff blowing up to settle that shit.
Enough shitstorms on the internet without you starting up the one that actually involved car bombs

OT: Personally, I think the Crayon Drawing a little over-kill (National Pride Intensives!), could have just settled for it being marked by glasses from being used as a drink coaster and maybe a picture of a drunk Gav.
Seriously, Passports are actually used on a daily basis by teens for proof of age in order to get into nightclubs and bars to go on the piss.

Aside from that, great comic as always :D

I like to think that, as a Canadian, we have a bit of a pass with cunt. Or, at the very least, no one has stopped me when I've said cunt before, and there's no way I'm stopping now

I'm Scottish and resent you cunts hawking off our word (fanny) to them in the colonies. You are hereby cordially challenged to fisticuffs!

There is no word more cathartic than cunt. Being British, we have to let out our suppressed negative emotions the only way we can; keeping it classy and respectable for the ladies. The ladies also get dibs on wanker and tosser. The queen sheds tears of pride, i'm sure.

Abomination:
Soon people will be more offended by actual cases of racism rather than the utterance of a word to trigger revulsion.

Seems a bit niggardly to be offended at the "n" word when it is - just like "cunt" - being used more and more ironically or as a term of endearment.

I grasp that you're trying to be clever, but you're using niggardly incorrectly. The only people you're going to offend is English graduates.

The Wooster:

Abomination:

I grasp that you're trying to be clever, but you're using niggardly incorrectly. The only people you're going to offend is English graduates.

Greedy, selfish, hoarding or unable to loosen one's grasp of.

One needs to loosen their obsession with holding a word so offensive. While of coarse it's not a direct reference one can not always be so direct with metaphor.

The best part was the the busybody in the first panel STRAINING to hear their conversation so she could find something in it to be offended by.

And the correct answer as always is to either totally ignore the busybody or to intentionally troll her if that amuses them at the moment.

Here in Amerika people have LOST THEIR JOBS because someone overheard something in a private conversation and was offended: http://www.wired.com/2013/03/richards-affair-and-misogyny-in-tech/

Shocksplicer:

Yeah, you filthy convicts stole a shitload of cunt from us.

I would say, "I'm offended by the implication that being from a specific location justifies being offensive," but that's not hyperbolic enough to 1. Not be considered serious, and 2. Be something I don't actually somewhat believe.

But if there's one thing I did get from my prudish American upbringing, it's a bit of uncomfortableness about swearing. I tend to only throw them around when I'm angry or annoyed at something. I try to use "balls" or "sack" as expletives more than anything else, though. They generally fit the context better anyway; cunts are resilient, man.

I had to fight very hard to even type that out. In fact, that might have been an even worse idea than this strip.

Shocksplicer:

Yea I agree and I'm a fully fledged cunting Brit. A prime cunt as it were.
But the Aussies have natural talents because we sent the most cunting cunts to that cuntish rock and left them.

God we Brits did some awful shit... sorry cunting shit, and seem to historically get a free pass compared to other nations. It must be the accent.

Fun tip: Most British people don't have the stereotypical British accent until they think they may get a free drink or there is an attractive potential mate about.

I have no idea why I didn't expect to walk into these comments and find it to be brimming with cu-

Cu-

C-

Cu-

I can't do it. I'm too Canadian. ;___;

Jhonie:
I'm from Sweden, and the Swedish language has this beautiful and extremely handy trait that lets you combine almost any two words to form a new one. It opens up a whole new world of insults. :D

The mark of a true national is that when you can craft a scathing remark or insult in that tongue without delving into vulgarities. For example, you pigswill drinking, ratfaced, hairy, gluttonous furniture makers in Sweden could probably craft a unique personally tailored put down for me that is a perfect response for the unreasonable tirade of aggression I started this example with.

White Americans may not get to use "charged" swears, but we do get to use British swears without people thinking they are swears at all. Hence why Disney heroes Jack Sparrow and Loki get to say "bugger" and "quim". It doesn't count if the kiddies don't know what it means!

im palestinian/syrian and i sometimes call myself a sand n!g jokingly while amongst friends, and this one time a white girl friend of a friend starting talking to me about how i was being offensive. I asked her who I was being offensive towards (one of my friends is black and was laughing) and she looked at him (my black bro) as if for support but he was just laughing and so she looked back at me and said that I offended her.

I started laughing as well

People need to let go of words and just take the context behind them.

Another scenario; I was working at my dad's store once and wishing everyone happy holidays/merry christmas whatever. I mean I don't care about that whole debate, I just reply to whatever someone says. If they say Merry Christmas i will say it back etc. Otherwise I'll just say happy holidays.

So I say happy holidays to this one guy and he glares at me and seems to pointedly say "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and then storms off.

I mean the context behind that hurt, it is hard to understand but that was more offensive to me than anyone calling me raghead or terrorist as a joke.

I wonder how many people will come into the cuntments comments just to say cunt.

It's not like I can blame them, it is rather cunthartic cathartic

Jhonie:

Jandau:

Hehe, same here. I'm from Sweden, and the Swedish language has this beautiful and extremely handy trait that lets you combine almost any two words to form a new one. It opens up a whole new world of insults. :D Heck, we even have at least one song that is entierly compsed of one long string of insults. It's beautiful.

Can you also combine combinations of two words? With that ability you could pretty much condense every conceivable insult into a single word.

As an American with no fondness for words like those, I consider it a privilege.

sageoftruth:

Jhonie:

Jandau:

Can you also combine combinations of two words? With that ability you could pretty much condense every conceivable insult into a single word.

Oh yeeeees you can. It would be an extremely specific insult, but hey. Why not? Would be helluva mouthful, tho'. You'd be surprised by just how many word combinations end up sounding like insults.

I had to look twice to realize that Gavin's passport photo is basically an Oompa Loompa.

Jandau:

I've never understood the point of insulting someone in a language they can't understand...kinda defeats the entire purpose, doesn't it? :P

As an Australian, I don't need a licence to say cunt or most other slurs. Our accent is our licence. Apparently it's funny when we do it.

Cunts.

Comic reminded me of that video by thunderf00t.

RJ 17:

Jandau:

I've never understood the point of insulting someone in a language they can't understand...kinda defeats the entire purpose, doesn't it? :P

Quite. It makes being Swedish on the internet extremely frustrating. I have at least 500 ways to insult someone in a classy way, but only about 5 ways to do it in English. It has irked me on more occasions than I can count.

Michael Dunkerton:

Hence why Disney heroes Jack Sparrow and Loki get to say "bugger" and "quim". It doesn't count if the kiddies don't know what it means!

What is a "quim?"

*Quick google search* ...ohhh I see! Never heard that before :) Time for social experimentation!

Abomination:

The Wooster:

Abomination:

Greedy, selfish, hoarding or unable to loosen one's grasp of.

One needs to loosen their obsession with holding a word so offensive. While of coarse it's not a direct reference one can not always be so direct with metaphor.

Except you were using it as an adverb in relation to the state of being offended. So that would imply less offense at the use of the 'n' word rather than more.

It hurts muh patriotic pride that the UK passport is significantly larger than the Irish one

And you are British, Gav. Whether you like it or not

Does being British again mean we get some of that sweet imperialist cash?

VanQ:
As an Australian, I don't need a licence to say cunt or most other slurs. Our accent is our licence. Apparently it's funny when we do it.

Cunts.

Comic reminded me of that video by thunderf00t.

That information is interesting (and very appropriate for the comic). It's just a shame he uses it less for educating, and more for starting fires.

What exclusive words do we Asians get then? :(

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or