Valve Ruined My Joke Art Day

Pages 1 2 NEXT

And the dirty word I am imagining is: muddy.

Me55enger:
And the dirty word I am imagining is: muddy.

'Dogging' is what first came to my mind.

Is Erin allowed to use "cunt"?

Thunderous Cacophony:
Is Erin allowed to use "cunt"?

Either way, I don't think we could stop her from using it.

That really is a pretty picture. I love the angle, perspective, and the way it twists up on the right-hand side. It doesn't even need a naughty word to be worth my time.

After a brisk walk down the winding forest trail of hi-res textures and fully rendered particles, Erin got bored and _noclip-ped back home.

...oh, and the dirty word: "chode"

I only really understood the etymology to the title "Critical Miss" this week.

I always assumed it was a another video game jargon, something that might have been found in something like Wing Commander(which I haven' played), but the title refers to that Erin is an unmarried female video game critic, a.k.a. a critical Miss.

It's outright scary how true that is.

"Moist". How about that for a dirty and unpleasant word.

Yay! Time to Mad-Lib the strip!

Erin: "So this is where those cunts at Konami hid all the fucks they had left to give for making good games!"

Complete with a dirty word. :3

Bedinsis:
I only really understood the etymology to the title "Critical Miss" this week.

I always assumed it was a another video game jargon, something that might have been found in something like Wing Commander(which I haven' played), but the title refers to that Erin is an unmarried female video game critic, a.k.a. a critical Miss.

It's both
the term is for certain tabletop RPG systems, when you roll a natural miss.

You then have to roll on a "Critial Miss" table.
something like this
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Critical_Miss_Table_%28Fallout_Supplement%29

Favourite. Strip. Ever.
This picture is summing up today quite accurately

Get. Out. My. Head!

Grr another double post. Something wrong with this phone connection

Perhaps one might say it was...
*puts on sunglasses*
A critically missed opportunity?

"Fucking fine forest!"

Full Frontal Nerdity is just not good at delivering jokes and keeping it funny till the end. Had you done the same joke you'd have been praised for actually making people laugh.

RJ 17:

Erin: "So this is where those cunts at Konami hid all the fucks they had left to give for making good games!"

How about three?

"So this is where those disheveled cunts at spotty Konami hid all the gritty fucks they had left to give for making good games!"

O_O!!

Erin found a way to make rats grow about 100 times their regular size!!! And they all worship her!! We're doooooooomed!!!

:p

ThyNameIsMud:

Freaking nailed it. Please never change.

Damn it! Shouldn't the webcomic artists have an "emergency topics list" for cases like this? Oh, well. At least the artwork is nice...

CaitSeith:
Damn it! Shouldn't the webcomic artists have an "emergency topics list" for cases like this? Oh, well. At least the artwork is nice...

I thought that's what "DEEP AND MEANINGFUL" and shitting on Nickelback was for; not that I'm complaining, it's just those are the usual fallback topics for CM.

I just hope someday they remember Scary Penny, I don't think we've seen her since the epilogue of Children of Steam (at least that's the last time I remember seeing her). :(

It's pretty clear the timeline went

1) Guy thinks of monetizing mods, floats idea to Gaben.
2) Gaben says yes, but go through Beth and check with lawyers
3) Mod marketplace is established with standard minimal Valve oversight
4) Internet blows up
5) Gaben notices issue, attempts to calm masses on Reddit
6) Gaben actually looks at how everything works, notices all the inherent fuckups
7) Gaben cancels monetizing mods.

There's plenty of opportunity to make a joke out of that.

Drinking solves everything, especially when you have an artist doing the arts standing by.

CaitSeith:

I think that was what Evangelion was for, but that well's dried up.

If CM had the ability to tell a Valve Joke on Tuesday.... And FFN is only on Wednesday.... Then that means there was no time to tell a Valve Joke a day before FFN.... Also no way that could be unfair though as Valve made the announcement sometime on Monday.

Someone beat me but oh well.

Inspired by Redlin5's avatar and some webcomic on the Internet:

Zer0Saber:
Also I'm dumb and don't know how to post a pic in the comments. Let me know if you feel like it.

[img src="http://i.imgur.com/sd9lTXu.jpg"]

JohnZ117:

RJ 17:

How about three?

"So this is where those disheveled cunts at spotty Konami hid all the gritty fucks they had left to give for making good games!"

If we really want to go for dirty...I can think of a particular place to use the British descriptor "bloody" (as in "Oh bloody hell!" or "BLOODY PIRATES!!!") that would make my Mad-Lib particularly offensive. =3

I'll give you a hint: it wouldn't replace "spotty", nor would it replace "gritty."

CaitSeith:

Honestly, I think the explanation made it all worthwhile.

"Fuck you, Valve! I'm going to give my fancy pet rat more attention than you this time!" -Erin

But seriously, this strip's own mod gave me a better laugh than Steam trying to sell mods...

Zombie_Fish:
Inspired by Redlin5's avatar and some webcomic on the Internet:

Zer0Saber:
Also I'm dumb and don't know how to post a pic in the comments. Let me know if you feel like it.

[img src="http://i.imgur.com/sd9lTXu.jpg"]

Nonono he said it needs a dirty word. She has a Quantum Cunt.

Also, if you aren't drinking Irish Whiskey we will be having words Mr Carter...

Well why couldn't Critical Miss have just ripped themselves off if Full Frontal Nerdity was off the table?

vallorn:
Nonono he said it needs a dirty word. She has a Quantum Cunt.

I'm going to be starting a PhD in less than five months time. As far as I'm concerned, 'quantum' is the dirty word.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here