How Disney Will Promote a New Indiana Jones Movie

How Disney Will Promote a New Indiana Jones Movie

How Disney will promote a new Indiana Jones movie.

Read Full Article

Heh, yeah. Lucas isn't considered that great anymore, is he? He became a bit of a whipping boy or a running gag.

That said, I tend to agree with RedLetterMedia on this: George Lucas was great when he had people to rein him in. I don't consider that too outlandish an idea. He's clearly a man with many ideas and lots of imagination and he wants to fulfill his vision and do so many things in so little time. But back then, he wasn't the top dog who nobody could honestly argue against. Back then, he had to contend with a lot of limitations regarding budget, technology and the actual amount of power he had over the direction of his works. So I'll actually disagree with this comic: His involvement was valuable. I'm not sure movies without it will have quite the same spark as his earlier works had. At the same time, don't give him too much influence, either, please?!

Speaking of Indy, I recently remembered that scene where Indy first gets his trademark hat: From an adventurer/thief who takes and sells the artifacts he finds/looks for artifacts for hire rather than to discover them for the public. A movie about a character like that would be interesting. A prequel, sort of. What ever happened to that guy? Who was he? There's probably "extended universe" stuff or something, but I never really looked into it. Still, despite his very small role in the third movie, he always intrigued me as a character.

Ok I'll admit that one got a chuckle out of me, I wasn't fond of this comic before, but it's starting to grow on me

As someone wrote during the delays on Crystal Skull on AICN:

"George Lucas has a problem with the script?! George 'You killed all those innocent women and children, that's so hot' Lucas has a PROBLEM with the SCRIPT?!"

Well, we know how that one turned out.

I'm not desperate for more Indiana Jones, per se, but I would like to see the "pulp adventure" genre get more attention. Certainly seems like we're strip-mining a lot of other subgenres to the bones; simply as a broadening of variety, it would be nice.

This is the best FFN comic yet on this site. I hope to see more like it.

They went from a losing streak, to a winning streak. 2 good comics in a row. Keep it up.

Skeleon:
Heh, yeah. Lucas isn't considered that great anymore, is he? He became a bit of a whipping boy or a running gag.

That said, I tend to agree with RedLetterMedia on this: George Lucas was great when he had people to rein him in. I don't consider that too outlandish an idea. He's clearly a man with many ideas and lots of imagination and he wants to fulfill his vision and do so many things in so little time. But back then, he wasn't the top dog who nobody could honestly argue against. Back then, he had to contend with a lot of limitations regarding budget, technology and the actual amount of power he had over the direction of his works. So I'll actually disagree with this comic: His involvement was valuable. I'm not sure movies without it will have quite the same spark as his earlier works had. At the same time, don't give him too much influence, either, please?!

As Mark Rosewater is fond of saying, "restrictions breed creativity."

A very dry old withered punchline with this one.

Didn't Southpark do the reverse of this joke like ages ago?

Jones was at his best when beating up Nazis. They only way they can do that again is ugh rebooting the franchise.

Ford strikes me as the kind of guy who will only let any other actor take the Indy role over his dead body.

Johnny Novgorod:
Ford strikes me as the kind of guy who will only let any other actor take the Indy role over his dead body.

Kinda reminds me of Bruce Willis and John McClane.

OT: It really is a weird situation where the maker of the IP's total act of involvement is seen as a good thing.
Personally, Kinda feel sorry for the guy, he filled so many lives with joy through his work, now he's seen as more of a toxic entity.

008Zulu:
Jones was at his best when beating up Nazis. They only way they can do that again is ugh rebooting the franchise.

Now that Disney owns both the Marvel Universe and Indiana Jones...they could always have him go up against HYDRA.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here