Good Bad Flicks: Exploring Mad Max

Exploring Mad Max

Exploring the post-apocalyptic revenge flick Mad Max.

Watch Video

This was interesting to watch, even learned some new stuff about the first Mad Max.
I'll make sure to watch the other episodes about Mad Max aswell when they gett uploaded.

Î watched Mad Max yesterday. So this will be interesting.

But it's not really post-apocaypse, is it? The first one is "society on the brink of collapsing", at least, that is what it is promoted as.

Paying people in beer is a time honoured tradition in all parts of the world, it's amazing it isn't done for movies more often

Odd that such a cheap original film has now got a flashy, effects driven chase sequence film following it.

Perhaps Mad Max deserved pampering given what they went through to make the original.

I went and watched Mad Max and Road Warrior for the first time in preparation for Fury Road, and I think I enjoyed the first one slightly more. What's interesting about it is that it isn't quite a post-apocalyptic film, but rather a society right on the brink of ruin. The fact that it's a psychological thriller that turns into a tragic revenge film at the end, as well as watching Gibson portray Max go from loving family man, to a cold-blooded unhinged killer made it more compelling to me than its sequels (which are still great btw). There's just this heart and sense of devastation at the end of this that made it a bigger impression on me than Road Warrior.

I loved this video. So happy to have this as a regular piece. Thanks!

The apocalypse in Mad Max has occurred. Nuclear war has happened and there is little to no more oil. Society though has not yet collapsed because not everything is gone yet.

yes, mad max is indeed a classic AUS movie. if you life in AUS and dont know or have seen the movie, its actually insulting to them. no seriously, lots of people felt offended when some told them they havent seen it.
there is even a mad max museum with posters, props from the movie and more. if i recall correctly its even located where they have made the movie. i was never there but my parents were before i was born. lol.

good episode. took my time to watch a lot of his work on youtube. certainly coming back for me. great work and very interesting.

Metalrocks:
yes, mad max is indeed a classic AUS movie. if you life in AUS and dont know or have seen the movie, its actually insulting to them. no seriously, lots of people felt offended when some told them they havent seen it.
there is even a mad max museum with posters, props from the movie and more. if i recall correctly its even located where they have made the movie. i was never there but my parents were before i was born. lol.

Yeahno, born and raised in Melbourne here and I've never run into anyone that even brings up Mad Max, much less gets offended that I haven't seen it myself.

I will say though, it's interesting to learn that movies in Australia back then were treated about as badly as videogames have been in more recent years.

leviadragon99:

Metalrocks:

Yeahno, born and raised in Melbourne here and I've never run into anyone that even brings up Mad Max, much less gets offended that I haven't seen it myself.

I will say though, it's interesting to learn that movies in Australia back then were treated about as badly as videogames have been in more recent years.

woulndt know. i spend most of my life in switzerland. i just knew 10 years ago when i moved back to AUS, that games had a different rating. like no 18+.
AUS may be a bit stupid and harsh on movies back then, but not as bad as germany who have anyway the strictest law when it comes to movies and games. a bit of blood and its already censored or even prohibited to be sold in any store. or worse, you only get the mutilated version. like i know there are 3 version of the first blade movie.
1. at 16. its cut.
2. 18. only cut out the very violent parts like stomping on the head scene.
3. 18. uncensored.

i call this stupider than what AUS does.

So now we have supposedly one of the greatest action movies ever made, and it was mostly thanks to beer.

I loved the little bit about how they left the obnoxious method actor chained up over lunch.

Great video.

I'm not terribly surprised Beer fueled the movie considering its origins but its a pretty inspiring story for filmmakers like myself working with nothing.

"But it wasn't in the budget." I think you mean it wasn't in the... beerdget?

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.