The Witcher 3: Freedom

Pages PREV 1 2

ekrolo2:

We had 7 books with Yennefer. Triss was a big character in 2 only.
So she has a lead.

Violet eyes> all

:P

Most gamers haven't read the books and have only played the games, but as someone who did read some of the books they don't exactly make Yennefer likable at all. She's kind of a bitch.[/quote]

Haha! That's funny I just jumped into the Witcher story line now never played any of the other games or read the books I just met Yennefer about an hour ago and I said the same thing, she's kinda a bitch. But then again I'm a big fan of Bulma Briefs so Bitchy isn't much of a problem for me XD

I'm surprised so few got the joke. I've only played the Witcher 1 and I still guessed what it was about.

Yeah! Hit it and quit it, brother!!!! I mean... woooo! We can finally jump!

Skatologist:

Pack it up, pack it in
Let me begin
I came to win
Battle me that's a sin

I won't ever slack up,
Punk you better act up
Try and play the role
and yo the whole crew will act up

Get up, stand up, (Come on!)
Come on throw your hands up,
If you've got the feeling,
Jump across the ceiling

I say we continue this until we get the full lyrics in this thread (unless the mods put a stop to it)

Zombie_Fish:

Skatologist:

Pack it up, pack it in
Let me begin
I came to win
Battle me that's a sin

I won't ever slack up,
Punk you better act up
Try and play the role
and yo the whole crew will act up

Get up, stand up, (Come on!)
Come on throw your hands up,
If you've got the feeling,
Jump across the ceiling

Mugs is a funk fest,
someone's talking junk yo,
I'll bust em in the eye
And then I'll take the punks home

The Rogue Wolf:

You name a horse "Roach", don't expect a lot of respect. 'S all I'm sayin'.

It's a good/bad translation - the word "Roach" (look it up on http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/roach?s=t ) is correct, but changing it to "Minnow" or "Sardine" would have had the correct connotation to most English speakers.

Mike000:

The Rogue Wolf:

You name a horse "Roach", don't expect a lot of respect. 'S all I'm sayin'.

It's a good/bad translation - the word "Roach" (look it up on http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/roach?s=t ) is correct, but changing it to "Minnow" or "Sardine" would have had the correct connotation to most English speakers.

How so? I'm fascinated by language, and intimidated by translating things like idioms, so I am genuinely curious about the roach/small fish connection.

Tanneseph:

Mike000:

How so? I'm fascinated by language, and intimidated by translating things like idioms, so I am genuinely curious about the roach/small fish connection.

A roach is a type of small European fish.

In North America it is more often used to refer to cockroaches.

Aha! Thank you so much!!

I took it as a joke about how awful the walking/running controls are, especially on horseback

Carceri:

Tanneseph:

Mike000:

A roach is a type of small European fish.

In North America it is more often used to refer to cockroaches.

It's kind of funny because Cirilla named her horse after a seamonster.

Jandau:
Never much cared for Yennefer, even in the books. Always found Triss more interesting, and in the canon of the games she is the central love interest, so that black haired harpy can go take a walk through a magical portal to Fuckoffistan as far as I'm concerned. I'm just hoping the game will let me drop her bitchy arse at some point...

Me neither, but I suppose it does make Geralt more awesome, being able to maintain (in an on-off sort of way) a relationship with a damaged woman like her. Still, if I was looking out for his best interest, I'd probably agree with most of the cast that he should pick someone else.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here