Creative Differences

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I think that is the most meta strip you've ever done, and that's saying something.

Oh, that's really too harsh. I mean honestly, Farmville?
Seriously though, great strip, I love meta-humour.

I was honestly expecting a shirt that said deep and meaningful.

Great comic! Three Hitler Teletubbies up!

Branding someone as a Nickelback fan? Too low.

I hate it when mummy & daddy fight =[

-M

Cool.
We shop at the same st..uhhh.
nevermind.

I've been giggling for almost 3 minutes straight. Lovely job Cory, as always. And Grey, as much as people bitch about him, he's pretty good about mocking himself.

I kinda want to see what the brown lunch bag would look like after the fingering...

Other than that, did you get the horse dildo with port and starboard attachments? That one's a personal favorite of mine...

I don't get it. Is the joke that he's a very bad person and bad people generally look at the strip when it goes up or something?

TranshumanistG:
I don't get it. Is the joke that he's a very bad person and bad people generally look at the strip when it goes up or something?

/run jokekill.exe

No. The joke is that if he ever bothered to look at the strips before they went up, that last panel would never have happened, and oddly enough, neither would the joke we have today.

So uh... where might one find Horse Dildos R Us?

i want an ACTUAL SEX OFFENDER t-shirt. put it on the merch store!

The only way this could be better would be if Grey actually thought a completely different strip about majestic castles went up.

I feel like that's the guy who passed out first at the party.

fieryshadowcard:

TranshumanistG:

/run jokekill.exe

No. The joke is that if he ever bothered to look at the strips before they went up, that last panel would never have happened, and oddly enough, neither would the joke we have today.

Oh thanks for explaining that, I should've figured it out since it's the usual "hear an accusation -> react offended while obviously being at fault" trope. But what about "categorically untrue". Is that a dig at his bad writing?

The actual joke is that Grey really does read every single strip, it's just that everything in that last panel is completely and unequivocally true.

Nice to know you trust us that much, man.

EVERYTHING THERE IS FORGIVABLE EXCEPT THE NICKELBACK HAT.

FUCK NICKELBACK!

I've never understood the incredible amount of hatred that Nickelback seems to draw out on the internet.

Farmville 4 lyfe!

I'd actually prefer to have that tatooed than to wear that shitty Nickelback hat :P

Out of everything you did to him, the Nickelback hat has got to sting the most.

Can someone please tell me what the problem is with Nickleback? Is it like Justin Bieber in that it's cool to shit on them?

nyysjan:
I've never understood the incredible amount of hatred that Nickelback seems to draw out on the internet.

It's become a weird meta-joke at this point. I don't get it either.

It's possible that none of them have heard "This Means War", I guess. xD

erttheking:
Can someone please tell me what the problem is with Nickleback? Is it like Justin Bieber in that it's cool to shit on them?

Well there's that, and there's also the probably justified perception that they make the most banal and lowest common denominator variety of rock music known to man. But I guess that just makes me sound pretentious.

Strip gave me a good chuckle.

Oh hey, did you get that shirt at Actual Sex Offender's last show? I saw them open for Nickleback last summer!

No, I don't know how I wound up there either. I thought I was going to see Stone Temple Pilots, but the club got to packed to escape.

lacktheknack:

nyysjan:

Personally, I just find the idea of listening to Nickleback being akin to devil worship funny. They're an easy and easily applicable punchline, like Taco Bell or Michael Bay. *shrugs*, but then again, I'm easily amused.

I will say that the people who genuinely detest Nickleback probably spend too much time listening to Nickleback. Not since Backstreet Boys have I heard so much about a band I've stumbled upon so little of.

LostCrusader:

They're a subsidiary of Bad Dragon.

Go on, google 'bad dragon', you know you want to, yet you know you'll regret it.

BX3:

lacktheknack:

nyysjan:

Personally, I just find the idea of listening to Nickleback being akin to devil worship funny. They're an easy and easily applicable punchline, like Taco Bell or Michael Bay. *shrugs*, but then again, I'm easily amused.

I will say that the people who genuinely detest Nickleback probably spend too much time listening to Nickleback. Not since Backstreet Boys have I heard so much about a band I've stumbled upon so little of.

Probably not now, but when "How You Remind Me" came out, it was way overplayed in nightclubs and I think everyone got a bit sick of it. I'm not sure how teenagers these days would see them, but those of us who were teenagers in 2001 (actually I was 22) just remember a song that was way overplayed and not really that good.

Arqus_Zed:

LostCrusader:

Go on, google 'bad dragon', you know you want to, yet you know you'll regret it.

K

Oh, neat.

It occurs to me that the internet may have desensitized me to that kind of thing.

Oh well, not the worst thing to be in my search history.

The BestFriendsPlay guys on youtube were sent a rainbow colored horse penis dildo by a fan and my god was it hilarious. Slapping each other in the face with it and contemplating how the physics of such a thing even works then tossing it on the ground and dying of laughter. fuck

Ooh! They have a Horse Dildos'R'Us near you guys?

Ours shut down some time ago, but back in its hayday there was neighry a mare, or stallion for that matter, who could say they hadn't indulged in one of their products. I mean, it was a veritable stampede each time they opened their gates.

Unfortunately, they fell on hard times after the dildo crash of 2011 and wound up saddled with a gross amount of debt.

Now? A combination farmer's market and glue factory stands in its place.

Such a shame they foalded. I blame elitest Draconic Phalli supporters not giving their products a proper test ride.

Ugh.

But if he never looked at the strips before they go up.. how would he have known about the cabin instead of the castle? .... still, fucking hilarious strip. I'll point my girlfriend to that store...

erm.

i mean..

Bad

WWmelb:
But if he never looked at the strips before they go up.. how would he have known about the cabin instead of the castle?

Because he checks the comic after it's up?

.... still, fucking hilarious strip. I'll point my girlfriend to that store...

erm.

i mean..

Bad

Dragon?

"I didn't choose Farmville... Farmville chose me" -- The Chunky Fuck (probably)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here