Good Bad Flicks: Exploring Leviathan

Exploring Leviathan

Exploring the undersea horror Leviathan.

Watch Video

Wonderful insight into this movie! Keep 'em coming, sir.

Also, the sets in Leviathan were pretty cool. The ending...not so much.

Yep, that ending wouldn't fly today. While I haven't seen the movie, I'll take a shot in the dark and guess that that woman was the one who sent them there and was behind it all? But still, how dare you punch out a bad guy? Even if they're responsible for the deaths of your friends, if they have an X chromosome or extra melanin, they can't possibly be bad. Only old white guys are allowed to be evil.

Fun fact: Leviathan was the first DVD I ever bought.

...because I thought it was a film about a certain Final Fantasy summon :s

That ending reminded me that long after this movie came out, another movie would come to unintentionally one-up this movie's act of punching a women in the face by punching a women in the face while wearing a bear suit...

Other than that, talk about a director sticking to their guns... You don't hear about that everyday unless they're also the executive producer, I think...

Yeah, the evil corporate lady got lucky with just a punch in my opinion. Usually evil corporate goons in movies tend to be eaten by the monsters or thrown out of windows to their death by the protagonist.

GreenSkin99:
Yeah, the evil corporate lady got lucky with just a punch in my opinion. Usually evil corporate goons in movies tend to be eaten by the monsters or thrown out of windows to their death by the protagonist.

Yeah, it kind of sucks that such an ending wouldn't fly these days. Need to look at it from the characters PoV. If it was me in their place I'd probably punch her in the face or toss her over the side for the monster. If it was a guy though, people would be cheering... makes me disappointed that such reactions which would make sense, get shut out because of overly sensitive people that refuse to look at the story from the characters PoV.

Shinkicker444:

GreenSkin99:

Yeah, it kind of sucks that such an ending wouldn't fly these days. Need to look at it from the characters PoV. If it was me in their place I'd probably punch her in the face or toss her over the side for the monster. If it was a guy though, people would be cheering... makes me disappointed that such reactions which would make sense, get shut out because of overly sensitive people that refuse to look at the story from the characters PoV.

Exactly. While the crew was down there getting killed, or worse, she was lying to them to keep them there. (telling them there was a hurricane up top and there was no way they could be rescued) While they were still alive she issued the statement that they all perished and set the station to self destruct.

She was pure evil, gender had nothing to do with it.

CecilT:

Shinkicker444:

GreenSkin99:

Exactly. While the crew was down there getting killed, or worse, she was lying to them to keep them there. (telling them there was a hurricane up top and there was no way they could be rescued) While they were still alive she issued the statement that they all perished and set the station to self destruct.

She was pure evil, gender had nothing to do with it.

Agreed. What's wrong with our (ugh) PC society that people (women, minorities, homosexuals, transgender, etc) who have oppressed through history can't be shown in a bad light in a fictional sense. That doesn't make for good fiction. Read "Fahrenheit 451" and "1984" to see what censorship does to a society.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.