Dogmeat

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dogmeat

Falling out of the world.

Read Full Article

Great now I want a mod to turn dogmeat in to Macho Man Randy Savage.

Well it wouldn't be a true Bethesda game unless something clipped through the world. I had one of my companions disappear in Fallout 3. Only found them through warping to their location via console. They had walked to edge of the map, escaped and where just chilling miles away from actual map confines.

Part of me likes to think they got sick of me diving head first into deathclaws and decided to get away from this crazed nutjob for some peace and quiet.

I originally thought Dogmeat was invincible. That was until all the super mutant brutes and masters stopped paying attention to me and focused on killing my dog. Had to leave him at home for his own safety.

He never did clip through the floor in my playthroughs. I, on the other hand, haven't been as fortunate.

Erin clearly doesn't appreciate the full Bethesda experience.

Ah...brings back memory of my first horse in Skyrim. I only dismounted briefly to check out a cave on a snow-capped mountain, yet upon my return, the horse had somehow clipped itself facing downwards, halfway in the ground and died. Arse pointing directly in the air, stiff as a post. Only just paid for it too. Well...i'm not one to let anything go to waste, so I approached it's protruding poo-hole, extracted the horse meat and buggered off to save the rest of the non-clipping world.

Life is easier when you don't name your pets.

And that's why I always sent Dogmeat to wherever I had my base and just have him chill there. It ain't like he offers anything in combat anyway.

Hoplon:

You just know it'll be there. Oh yes how it'll be there.

heh, you know this really reminds me of a strip by Awkward Zombie from last year.

He was always a pain in the ass to watch out for. Plus being a stealth player he would always growl when I'm sneaking about, often attacking the enemy when I'm trying to evade notice. Especially more annoying in 3 and NV. Left him at home.

Frank Ocampo Gomez:
I originally thought Dogmeat was invincible. That was until all the super mutant brutes and masters stopped paying attention to me and focused on killing my dog. Had to leave him at home for his own safety.

He never did clip through the floor in my playthroughs. I, on the other hand, haven't been as fortunate.

There's a perk in Fallout 3 that would allow you to basically have a respawning Dogmeat. Your dog companion in New Vegas was invincible

But, I always love me some Macho Man Randy Savage... That should be the default mod for EVERYTHING!

Hoplon:

IT'S BEEN DONE, WE NEED ULTIMATE WARRIOR DOGMEAT, HULK HOGAAAN!

Huh...not Critical Miss Dogmeat. Wondered what this was about.

Wuvlycuddles:

Hoplon:

If there isn't a mod of it someone (you) will make it.

Gatlank:

Wuvlycuddles:

Hoplon:

I couldn't find a Hulk Hogan mod, but I found one that will make Super Mutants in Fallout 3 make Randy Savage noises.

MarsAtlas:

Frank Ocampo Gomez:

There's a perk in Fallout 3 that would allow you to basically have a respawning Dogmeat. Your dog companion in New Vegas was invincible

Heck, buying F3's Broken Steel made him essentially invincible by later levels. A convenient bug/oversight made him level up with you so long as you had the DLC installed when you first acquired him. I've seen level 30 Dogmeat take on a Behemoth and win...

Me thinks this comic did it better:

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=040714

just Sayin', Super Sayin that is.

RIP Dogmeat. You will never be replaced... unless I get the Broken Steel DLC and select the Puppies! perk. Yay!

Hoplon:

That would be quite the spectacular mod... Although I think the game would be further improved if all the enemies turned into Hulk Hogan as well.

Now SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM Dogmeat! Let's go kill some Enclave, OH YEAH!

MarsAtlas:

Gatlank:

Wuvlycuddles:

I couldn't find a Hulk Hogan mod, but I found one that will make Super Mutants in Fallout 3 make Randy Savage noises.

Bethesda seem to be Macho Man fans. There's a Skyrim mod that turns the dragons into Randy Savage: sunglasses, cowboy hat, beard, the works.

MarsAtlas:

Gatlank:

Wuvlycuddles:

...blessed be this modding community.

MarsAtlas:

I dunno, something about the Puppies! perk just made me a bit sad. Dogmeat theoretically stays dead, he just gets replaced by one of his litter.

Besides, by the time I reach Broken Steel, I'm travelling through the wasteland with Fawkes anyways. Killing everything with dual Gatling lasers is the bee's knees.

Ever since the noclip cheat in Unreal clipping has been woefully unapreciated. It's clearly there especially for the anecdotal lulz :P

Artaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax!!!! I mean, Dogmeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

It's the road of Sadness.

Caramel Frappe:
Alright, this is my all time favorite, FAVORITE Critical Miss comic because it's so true it hurts my sides XD

Before anyone asks, I had companions in Skyrim killed not by bandits, giants, werewolves, dragons, or any creature / humanoid ... it was through glitches. I remember having that lost Skyrim Dog (the one you find) follow me around for quite some time. He's usually essential, unable to die unless you attack / kill him so yeah.

Well when I fast traveled to the Throat of the World, apparently my Dog was in midair where Paarthurnax spawns at when you first meet him. Falling from such height instantly killed my dog, such as how Mammoths tend to fall from the sky sometimes for no reason. I was so disappointed in Bethesda, I just deleted my character and told myself never again would I have a Dog companion with me.

So yeah this comic was freaken priceless. Erin's last panel of dialogue was golden cause I can relate LOL.

You know, I've played a lot of Fallout 3 (Had to borrow my friends copy tho >.>) and i never once got Dogmeat for this exact reason.
I just never saw the point in companions until they redid the system in New Vegas so they don't instantly die for no reason.
That and Rex was WAAAAAAAAAAY cooler then Dogmeat and doesn't die to everything nearly as easily!

Cyborgs are always cooler :D

I never actually found the dog in fallout 3 on my first playthrough, and I didn't bother finding him on subsequent ones because I didn't want to see him die. In new vegas, I considered Ed-e more like my pet, though; also the k-9000 gatling gun. Also, considering new vegas made you kill someone else's cyborg doggie I always felt kind of bad.

It'll be interesting to see if the dog becomes somehow mandatory in the new one.

Bethesda, causing me to feel something? Hah! Bethesda games have interesting stories, but Bethesda seems to have a track record for falling flat on story delivery. I'll be pretty impressed the day they manage to make me feel attached to one of those robotic NPCs.

The Artificially Prolonged:
Well it wouldn't be a true Bethesda game unless something clipped through the world. I had one of my companions disappear in Fallout 3. Only found them through warping to their location via console. They had walked to edge of the map, escaped and where just chilling miles away from actual map confines.

Part of me likes to think they got sick of me diving head first into deathclaws and decided to get away from this crazed nutjob for some peace and quiet.

Admittedly it was due partly due to a mod, but I once had Heironymous Lex get knocked completely out of the world, in mid quest. Had to console port to him, walk him as close as I could to a road, then fast-travel. It was enough to knock him back into the normal map. Needless to say, I disable that mod any time I run the Thieves guild quests now.

Was that a Rubberbandits reference under the strip?

I like how these comics make sense sometimes.

Oddly, I never even saw Dogmeat in my first three Fallout 3 playthroughs. I'd heard about him when looking up things when I was trying to find the fucking vampire lair, but couldn't be bothered to actually go look until around the middle of my fourth character, with whom I just wanted to be sure I'd seen all the content.

I don't even remember longer than a few dialogue choices being offered before he fades from my memory, so for all I know, I shot his head off for giggles the moment I left the scrap yard.

No lie, I've never used a single companion in any Bethesda games for this reason.

Just finished playing Fallout 1. Dogmeat ran off and attacked 3 enemies and by time i caught up with him he was dead. I really they would let me control his movements.

I just wish companions like Dogmeat actually had some effort put into getting the player attached to them. As it is, I could care less that they die or anything the vast majority of the time because they are so flat and uninteresting with nothing much to do with them besides recruit them and are either too weak to be useful or so freaking overpowered they can pretty much play the game for you. In fact, it's true of companions in general are rather dull most of the time and are completely pointless for stealth characters because they ALWAYS give your position away no matter how sneaky they are supposed to be themselves.

Lightknight:
No lie, I've never used a single companion in any Bethesda games for this reason.

And I never use companions in Bethesda games beacause all they do is get in the way.

Guess I'm the only one who got Dogmeat and then just had him chill around my house. I ain't risking my dog companion!

At least his eyes were still in his sockets.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here