Celebrating The Escapist's Community Founders

Celebrating The Escapist's Community Founders

Not to make these community members feel old, but they've now collectively been around for nearly a millenium.

Read Full Article

All hail the old ones!

Though, I have to say, the only two I recognise of that list now is Virgil and Greg Tito. I guess it shows how quick the turnover of communities like ours are :-)

Hey, hey, hey - I recognize those two! Congratulations to the survivors!

Oh jeez. I've never seen any one of those guys aside from Virgil and Greg Tito...

Well, I raise my glass to the old timers.

Aerosteam:
Oh jeez. I've never seen any one of those guys aside from Virgil and Greg Tito...

m0ng00se just posted today in GiD. So some of them are around.

Skål to you, old regulars!

Wow a few names I've not seen for a while, time has passed by quickly. Our little forum has grown so big, still worried about the teenage years though... Happy Birthday Escapist

I wonder what the query criteria is. Can't figure out why 2006 appears to be the cutoff or a few other things (like one user link doesn't go anywhere and one of them only appears to have two posts, so how does the more "dedicated" bit come into play?).

Lightknight:
Can't figure out why 2006 appears to be the cutoff

We didn't have Escapist forums prior to that (only WarCry). The other criteria was logging in over the past few months, not quantity of forum posts.

Kross:

Lightknight:

We didn't have Escapist forums prior to that (only WarCry). The other criteria was logging in over the past few months, not quantity of forum posts.

Says the man who was here in 2004... Kross, how do you have a forum account 2 years befo... And I just noticed your post count. I see someone has been having a giggle in the server room again.

vallorn:
Says the man who was here in 2004... Kross, how do you have a forum account 2 years befo... And I just noticed your post count. I see someone has been having a giggle in the server room again.

Join date's real, though I was at the company for a few months before I made an account (and @encaen started here a month before I did!). Oldest account in the system is Virgil with June 2002.

We didn't even have forums (or any comments) enabled on the Escapist for a while, though we did briefly have a "blog" style layout with comments (that was later merged with the existing WarCry forum system right around when we added video content): http://i.imgur.com/bmg4e5F.png

Kross:

Lightknight:

2006 is the cutoff year where members are no longer considered "founders", there are members in that list from far before that. I was wondering why 2006 because isn't 10 years ago, that would be 2005. But maybe the query was to pull back the WarCry group followed by year one active members?

Recent login makes sense then.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here