Game Theory: Five Nights At Freddy's Mysteries Solved Part 1

Five Nights At Freddy's Mysteries Solved Part 1

You requested it...and requested it and requested it...and it's finally here! With the release of FNAF 3, Game Theory dives into the ENTIRE Five Nights at Freddy's trilogy to answer EVERY major question from these games. What is Golden Freddy? Who is the Phone Guy? What's the deal with the Shadow animatronics? What's the TRUE timeline of the FNAF series? And most importantly of all, who is the Purple Guy? There's a lot to cover, so this is PART 1 with PART 2 a week away!

Watch Video

I genuinely like MatPat's content. But it doesn't make sense to me to release this stuff this long after the youtube version comes out. I get that an exclusive deal would probably make no sense here, considering the size of his youtube channel, however, a lot of these videos are topical... even if you hadn't seen the video when it came out, who is still foaming at the mouth for FNAF theories right now? Probably not a lot of people...

Davroth:
I genuinely like MatPat's content. But it doesn't make sense to me to release this stuff this long after the youtube version comes out. I get that an exclusive deal would probably make no sense here, considering the size of his youtube channel, however, a lot of these videos are topical... even if you hadn't seen the video when it came out, who is still foaming at the mouth for FNAF theories right now? Probably not a lot of people...

4's coming out in a few weeks. Could be why.

RaikuFA:

Davroth:

4's coming out in a few weeks. Could be why.

Seems more like a coincidence to me, since the gap between the release of these videos on his personal youtube and here don't seem to change.

Jeez. Really must be hurting for content after firing Moviebob and letting Jim escape if you're reposting videos from ages ago like this.

I've already seen this one, so I'm just going to post my complaint from the Video (Which I already did on Youtube) here:

He claims that all of the Recordings and Phone Calls Phone Guy made where made at the very first restaurant. However, this couldn't possibly be true or else, either Phone guy Is Clairvoyant or the Company is Suicidally stupid. The Call about the "Accident" at work on day 6 in 2 wouldn't make sense since the Company is known to hide as much of their problems as possible; why would they keep a tape about it? And if it's an "Accident" from the first Freddy's (Or Fredbear's), why would the new company (in 2) keep that tape and play that tape? In 1, you could argue that Phone guy's tape is a secret, which is why it would have his death on Day 4 and the quotes from an Autobiography of a Yogi on Day 5, but the Calls in 2 had to have happened during that week, or else the "Accident" call on Day 6 makes no sense.

EDIT: Turns out I posted this on Part 2(Part 1 of Part 2), but here is the exact words I said:

Wait a gosh dang sec- OBJECTION!

If the Tapes are pre-recorded to the point that they could be from either Fredbears Diner or the first Incarnation of Freddy Fazbears, how is there a tape that specifically says "Why are you working here? The place is closed for investigation"? Who'd record that? Why would you record that? Why would you play that specifically on a night you're probably not meant to be at work?!

Wait wait wait, hold on. FNAF 2 is the sequel to FNAF 1. They say so in the game. Night 1 in FNAF, Phone guy says this is the last week of the restaurant. It's being closed down on Day 7 or 8.
FNAF 2 is the grand re-opening! And they even say the old costumes are from the old site. That's why there's an old Chica. Remember? The original pre-game Freddy's Fazbear didn't have a Chica. It had golden Freddy and golden Bonnie.
In FNAF 1 Golden Freddy is already old, but Chica is new and fine.
FNAF 2 has an old, dismantled Chica. And seeings how the pre-game Pizzaria didn't have a Chica, we are left knowing FNAF 2 takes place after FNAF 1.

Silentpony:
Wait wait wait, hold on. FNAF 2 is the sequel to FNAF 1. They say so in the game. Night 1 in FNAF, Phone guy says this is the last week of the restaurant. It's being closed down on Day 7 or 8.
FNAF 2 is the grand re-opening! And they even say the old costumes are from the old site. That's why there's an old Chica. Remember? The original pre-game Freddy's Fazbear didn't have a Chica. It had golden Freddy and golden Bonnie.
In FNAF 1 Golden Freddy is already old, but Chica is new and fine.
FNAF 2 has an old, dismantled Chica. And seeings how the pre-game Pizzaria didn't have a Chica, we are left knowing FNAF 2 takes place after FNAF 1.

Paying attention you did not - the first game is set AFTER the second as it is confirmed that by FNAF1, there were three restaurants and FNAF2 is set at the second.
And there is also the whole "minimum wage"-thing, which shows that FNAF2 is a prequel as well.

Bindal:

Silentpony:
SNIP

Paying attention you did not - the first game is set AFTER the second as it is confirmed that by FNAF1, there were three restaurants and FNAF2 is set at the second.
And there is also the whole "minimum wage"-thing, which shows that FNAF2 is a prequel as well.

Then explain to me how the old animitronics in FNAF2 look exactly like the ones from FNAF1, but as Game Theory stated, there was no Chica or Foxy at the 1st location. There was only golden Bonnie and Freddy. And yet in FNAF 2, we have a not-golden Bonnie and a not-golden Freddy, both old and used, on top of Foxy and Chica, neither of whom were at the original pre-FNAF location.

And you mentioned three restaurants. I think that includes Freddy's Diner, but phone guy means Freddy's Pizzeria because he's worked only at the Pizzeria. He never worked at the Diner. So there were 3 separate locations, but you're at the 2nd Pizzeria. Thus the relaunching, because remember in FNAF1 phone guy says the place is going to be closed down. Then FNAF2 begins with the Grand Reopening, using old animitronics from the old location.

Silentpony:

Bindal:

Silentpony:
SNIP

Then explain to me how the old animitronics in FNAF2 look exactly like the ones from FNAF1, but as Game Theory stated, there was no Chica or Foxy at the 1st location. There was only golden Bonnie and Freddy. And yet in FNAF 2, we have a not-golden Bonnie and a not-golden Freddy, both old and used, on top of Foxy and Chica, neither of whom were at the original pre-FNAF location.

There were. That he covered in a video entirely about why FNAF2 is a prequel.

Bindal:

Silentpony:

Bindal:

There were. That he covered in a video entirely about why FNAF2 is a prequel.

First there was the diner. In this place there were no animitronics but a guy in a costume and it was closed due to purple guy killing a kid. The location then became a pizzeria which was where the first 5 animitronics first appeared along the two fatal gold costumes. That place was closed down when five child murders took place by purple guy. Then that place was replace with the setting of FNAF2. This place had the old animitronics and new ones that were equipped with a face recognition software so that no more murders could happen. But when one of the new animitronics took a bite out of someone, the place was shut down. As you can see in the video at 14:55, it was decided that the old animitronics were still safe to use and bring to a new location (again) and the new ones as to dangerous to use. Then FNAF1 location is opened with all of the old animitronics.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here