Judging By The Cover: Terminator: Genisys

Terminator: Genisys

And you thought we'd only be doing games.

Watch Video

I'm glad I didn't see the posters first then, the film acts like the spoiler is a surprise. Oh film posters, why must you be crap and revealing?

I enjoyed this very much. Probably better than the film.

I wonder if he's going to start doing album covers. That's a whole new can of worms!

Buahaha, that was really great. I was wondering how the heck he was going to get along with this idea if he only stuck to video games.

Silentpony:
I wonder if he's going to start doing album covers. That's a whole new can of worms!

Mind.... Blown!!! :D

Let try and one up that with... "Judging Websites; by the cover." ?

Anyway, this was great fun, thanks Yahtzee!!! ^_^

I believe I speak for all of us in expressing our appreciation to Yahtzee for spreading his wings a little when I say:
"NNYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

I was expecting him to comment on the actress's clearly photoshopped derriere.

This is going to be a goooooooooodddd series. Can't wait for more, but between this, Zero Punctuation, Critical Miss, Erin Dies Alone, Honest Trailers, 8-Bit Philosophy, and the relatively few good articles I should manage just OK.

Escapist, I can't pause this video player, and this isn't the only video where I've had this issue. I suggest you fix it before I consider Yahtzee - the only reason left for me to visit this site - to be unwatchable.

I like Yahtzee, I really do.

But this just bores me to tears. I'm sorry.
I have watched 3 episodes of this, and each time it was dull.
I know Yahtzee is a smart person, but it just isn't showing here.

So, I'm sorry Escapist, but this is a video series I will not be following anymore.

That ending was... unexpected...

I will never look at a Terminator skull the same way again...

Other than that, I'm surprise there wasn't any fire in that third poster of a cover... Must be because Arnold's ear wasn't in it...

So desperate to spoil their own movies, they can't wait for the trailers anymore.

This is the first real miss for the series as far as I'm concerned. Nothing at all against judging the poster but rather the attempts at comedy/entertainment simply fell flat this time around.

I think reviewing the back of the game box and having fun with the game description added a lot to the episode. Something we missed here beyond a brief comment on the tagline which didn't offer much material to work with.

Keep it up.
I'm ready to see more.

templar1138a:
Escapist, I can't pause this video player, and this isn't the only video where I've had this issue. I suggest you fix it before I consider Yahtzee - the only reason left for me to visit this site - to be unwatchable.

Why on earth would not being able to pause a video make you not want to watch it? That seems peculiar... unless you like to hoard screengrabs of all Yahtzee's videos...

Also, how are you viewing the vids? It pauses just fine for me.

As for the vid: not sure how him taking the piss out of a cover that shouldn't really inspire mirth can make me laugh, but it did. Can Ben make Judging By The Crisp Packet/Replacement Headphone Pads Packaging funny too, though? I demand my curiosity is sated...

Darth Rosenberg:

templar1138a:

Why on earth would not being able to pause a video make you not want to watch it? That seems peculiar... unless you like to hoard screengrabs of all Yahtzee's videos...

If you have slow internet, you can't pause and wait for the video to buffer. Or, while you might think a 4-5 minute video shouldn't be too inconvenient, sometimes people need to have quick reactions to other things like visitors or phone calls or if they happen to be watching during slow time at work.

I think it may have something to do with certain third-party extensions that The Escapist recommends disabling if you're having issues. People have been having occasional problems since the new player went live.

OT: Skeletor would be pleased with the ending of this episode.

Darth Rosenberg:

templar1138a:

Because watching these videos isn't the only thing I do on my computer, or at all. If my housemate drops in to tell me something important, I need to be able to pause the video so I can hear what he's saying without having to stop and start all over later. And if my connection is slow, I need to be able to pause the video and wait for it to load. As it is, I have to watch it struggle to stream bit-by-bit, which is REALLY annoying. Still sound peculiar?

And as for how, I am watching them via Firefox, with Flash up-to-date. Clicking neither the pause button nor the video itself pauses it.

Barbas:

Ha, if only the poster had spoiled that twist, the world wouldn't be as bad. A couple of the trailers outright show that whole scene.

templar1138a:

It seems to happen before the ad plays, so as Shrekfan said you need to disable

I dunno maybe it's the Escapist's new way to force people to watch ads. "Don't like ads? Then no pausing. Want fullscreen? THEN WATCH THE ADS!"

OT: I laughed. Maybe I'm getting used to it, but the voice work seemed a bit better this time, it's still nowhere near as good as the voice he uses for ZP though.

templar1138a:
And if my connection is slow, I need to be able to pause the video and wait for it to load. As it is, I have to watch it struggle to stream bit-by-bit, which is REALLY annoying. Still sound peculiar?

That a 4min not-exactly-hi-quality video buffering is an issue? Hell's yeah that's peculiar..

And as for how, I am watching them via Firefox, with Flash up-to-date. Clicking neither the pause button nor the video itself pauses it.

I'm on Chrome, and - after the ad's played - it pauses via the button, the frame, and the spacebar.

Drathnoxis:
I dunno maybe it's the Escapist's new way to force people to watch ads. "Don't like ads? Then no pausing. Want fullscreen? THEN WATCH THE ADS!"

If ad's are a way to keep this site 'free', then there's no need to skip 'em.

Barbas:

Oh let's turn down the jadeometer. Genisys wasn't that bad. Definitely better than Salvation. Let's at least give them credit for stepping in the right direction with this one.

WhiteTigerShiro:

Barbas:

Oh let's turn down the jadeometer. Genisys wasn't that bad. Definitely better than Salvation. Let's at least give them credit for stepping in the right direction with this one.

Um...you can, if you like? I didn't hate the film, I just enjoyed this more because it was funnier.

Evonisia:
I'm glad I didn't see the posters first then, the film acts like the spoiler is a surprise. Oh film posters, why must you be crap and revealing?

I'm guessing you didn't see the trailer then. They spoiled EVERYTHING.
E V E R Y T H I N G

templar1138a:

Take it to the Tech Team group and submit something in that group's chat. That will get the problem sorted faster.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Tech-Team

Darth_Payn:
I believe I speak for all of us in expressing our appreciation to Yahtzee for spreading his wings a little when I say:
"NNYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

You took the words right out of my mouth, almost. I mean, I was going to say, "MYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" but I think the sentiment is there.

Evonisia:

The trailer spoiled it too. I heard the trailers were spoilers and was avoiding it on the internet but alas, I was watching some other movie and the pre-movie trailers came and my effort was for naught.

Also that spoiler poster was everywhere the day I went to watch the movie.

Is it just me or is it after 10 years of hearing Yahtzee speak with the warp core pushed to max, hearing him speak 'normally' is rather disconcerting???

Only just noticed this new show. It might just be the music, but it sounds like hes talking REALLY slowly compared to ZP.

Ah, the mating call of the terminator, truly one of life's great wonders.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here