8 Great Games that Let You Go Medieval

8 Great Games that Let You Go Medieval

If you're into swords and crossbows, these eight games will be right up your alley.

Read Full Article

inb4 people come down on the fantasy entries

I was going to riot if Medieval 2: Total War didn't make the list, but as it is I'm content. Special mention to the Kingdoms expansion for giving a place to the oft-overlooked Northern Crusades, even if the American campaign balanced out by being pretty abysmal.

This list is useless. I already have all of these games. What am I meant to do with this? I demand more!

I always thought of Skyrim as a pre-medieval setting, you know, late Northern European antiquity/Dark Ages.

Ah well.

I also finally saw For a Few Dollars More.

I offer you a cigar, friend.

I played Mount & Blade, but the lack of a story kinda killed my interest in it. I just can't play games that rely on the player making it up as they go along.

For Commanding Armies I would go with Medieval 2 Total war

For Combat I would go the Chivalry Medieval Warfare

For strategy, diplomacy, intrigue I would go with Crusader kings 2

Couldn't fill the quota without 2 fantasy entries. Ouch, shows how much swords and sorcery setting is favored over those with just swords in video games.
Here's hope for Kingdom Come: Deliverance to deliver.

No mention of Stronghold (or the superb Crusader expansion)? For shame!

14 years old, and still one of my favourite strategy/management games, plus one of the things that first sparked my interest in medieval history. I still remember the rainy caravan holiday my stepbrother and I spent playing it on my dad's laptop, designing castles for each other to siege.

Saved the absolute best game by far until last. Good stuff- I approve ;)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here