8 More Criminally Underrated Games

Pages PREV 1 2

Lightknight:

joest01:
Well I would argue that FFT and FF7 are equally unplayable but we arent here to discuss that. I think I get your point. And yes, Nier can still be enjoyed the despite the advances since it came out. But it is still and arguably more than ever a very niche few who will. Enjoy it.

I think the difference for me is that FFT took a more artistic route and FFVII focused more on polygon technology.

I don't know what in the world this guy's talking about. Yes, Nier suffers a little due to the age, but it's certainly not to a point where it's a completly different or lesser experience because of it. The issues that Nier has are that

Sidequests can be very tedious
Combat is pretty simple (it's not bat combat, but once you get a good weapon and a hang for it, it can become a very easy game)
Graphics are a bit aged

But what makes Nier work is the atmosphere it creates, the amazing soundtrack, the various gameplay choices, and its writing in both the main story and the side quests. Nier should be really cheap at this point, so it's real easy to pick up.

zombiejoe:

Lightknight:

joest01:
Well I would argue that FFT and FF7 are equally unplayable but we arent here to discuss that. I think I get your point. And yes, Nier can still be enjoyed the despite the advances since it came out. But it is still and arguably more than ever a very niche few who will. Enjoy it.

I think the difference for me is that FFT took a more artistic route and FFVII focused more on polygon technology.

I don't know what in the world this guy's talking about. Yes, Nier suffers a little due to the age, but it's certainly not to a point where it's a completly different or lesser experience because of it. The issues that Nier has are that

Sidequests can be very tedious
Combat is pretty simple (it's not bat combat, but once you get a good weapon and a hang for it, it can become a very easy game)
Graphics are a bit aged

But what makes Nier work is the atmosphere it creates, the amazing soundtrack, the various gameplay choices, and its writing in both the main story and the side quests. Nier should be really cheap at this point, so it's real easy to pick up.

Interesting, that's great information. I am now motivated to give it a shot. Thanks!

OK... I'm gonna let it slide that neither Freelancer nor Timesplitters was ever mentioned on both lists as, you know, personal opinion and what you've played and etc. Can't play them all.

However, Saboteur is NOT the best game to play if you really wanted to see Pandemic in its prime. While it's true Mercenaries was more popular than most if not all of those games, it was by far the best game Pandemic had ever made before EA decided to be douchebags and began to screw with them before shutting them down.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here