Do You Even MOBA, Bro?

Do You Even MOBA, Bro?

This you know your MOBAs? Find out with this quiz!

Take the quiz!

The link for this on the main page is a blank blue box with the Escapist E and nothing else.

vallorn:
The link for this on the main page is a blank blue box with the Escapist E and nothing else.

Sorry about that! It's been fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

Hey, a quiz! Excellent, I've missed these. Thanks to CaramelFrappe and others involved, hopefully this is the first of many new quizzes to come.

Perhaps even on topics I know something about... Still, 4/10 ain't bad for someone who has never actually MOBAed in their life.

Bah, I gave it two goes and got 9. Not certain which one I'm getting wrong, but oh well. Guess I only "Kinda MOBA, Bro."

At least that's what the badge says. :P

If this was a dota quiz, I'd easily score a perfect 10. How am I supposed to know trivia about character skins in lol?

Yay, a new quiz! Thanks, Frappe and staff, staff and Frappe! It was good, this one, I enjoyed it.

I gotta write down some ideas for another one of these some time...

Caramel Frappe:

Denamic:
If this was a dota quiz, I'd easily score a perfect 10. How am I supposed to know trivia about character skins in lol?

Hey there, Frappe here! Gotta admit, I tried my hardest to balance the Quiz with difficult questions without tricking the contenders.

By that, I mean add as many MOBAs in there, yet give out questions that only people whom play the MOBAs would know instead of just anyone googling the answers. As for character skins, it's a big part of the MOBA genre. Most MOBAs are known to have alternative skins / designs for their characters so it was a must have for a quiz like this ^_^.

If you do have criticism or advise for me though, please do share! It was my first attempt at creating a quiz and feedback is always highly appreciated (good or bad, both do wonders lol).

Sure, hats are important to keep the games funded, but I think trivia about specific skins is a bit too intimate for a general quiz like this. For example, it's not unreasonable to expect people to know about dota's denying mechanics, but you can't expect people who haven't played dota for years to have any idea where the Whalehook came from.

uuuuh A quizz!!! :D
Still keeping my usual standard on 4 out of 10 correct xD
I thought I'd a little better on this though than that :/

"This you know your MOBAs? Find out with this quiz!"

YAY the quizzes are back (?) !!!!!
Oh wait, that tagline is not a good start...

Wow I just realised the Escapist stop doing the quizes and the badge rewards from it on Monday, what happened?

Caramel Frappe:

Denamic:
Sure, hats are important to keep the games funded, but I think trivia about specific skins is a bit too intimate for a general quiz like this. For example, it's not unreasonable to expect people to know about dota's denying mechanics, but you can't expect people who haven't played dota for years to have any idea where the Whalehook came from.

Hey, Denamic ... do you even MOBA, bro? (I kid, please don't kill me).

In all seriousness, I get yah. That may of been tad too specific or challenging for those who haven't played the game. I didn't want to go into the most obvious concepts like 'How to win a match in a MOBA' levels of difficulty, but I may of went into the 'Only people who actually play this MOBA regularly will know' territory. I'll keep that in mind the next time Escapist's Staff allows me to submit a Quiz :).

No, you're supposed to get upset and defensive, possibly insult my intelligence. This acting like a decent human being shit is weird.

I had no interest in this quiz, but took it anyway with the intent of bringing them back

and I gotta 40%, I do not MOBA XD

Ooo...User made quizzes? I'm going to have to give this a try!

Caramel Frappe:

have to come up with a Completion Badge and Aced badge

What about those character/ multiple/ personality questions and badges?

Well ok I can see those being alot harder and longer to make given to the different answers leading to different characters but I dream of seeing a MLP related questions and badges on here (well ok I can guess why it can't or won't be made due to copy right issue from Hasbro)!

Nice quiz. Though some stuff is too in-depth. And not a lot of moba players play Awesomenauts. And more LoL questions than other games. So, 10/10, would feed again ;)

So long story short, to make a quiz, you need:
1) 10 Questions
2) Each question properly arranged in a document.
3) The correct answer for each question properly indicated.
4) A 'taken' and 'aced' badge.
5) Titles for each of the badges.

Is that correct? Or am I missing anything?

Also, are there specifics on what is needed for the badges to be acceptable?

Caramel Frappe:

Space Jawa:
So long story short, to make a quiz, you need:
1) 10 Questions
2) Each question properly arranged in a document.
3) The correct answer for each question properly indicated.
4) A 'taken' and 'aced' badge.
5) Titles for each of the badges.

Is that correct? Or am I missing anything?

Also, are there specifics on what is needed for the badges to be acceptable?

You've pretty much got it all figured out my friend :) however i'll send you a PM and show you an example, just to ensure you know what's up. As for the 'Completion' and 'Aced' badges .. those are trivial really. So long as they suit the Quiz's theme, you can mostly do whatever. I would avoid swearing in the descriptions or nudity for pics of course, but that's common sense in terms of professionalism.

Amusingly, I was actually referring to technical file details such as sizes.

But anyway, thanks and I'll give it a look.

After eight tries I'm still at 6/10. I just can't into this shit.

Good quiz.

Not having ever played a MOBA, I failed hard, but sometimes it's nice to see what you've picked up by social osmosis.

I came here expecting questions about LoL, DoTA, and Smite and you throw an image of Dawngate at me.
I was not prepared for this unexpected dose of feels.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here