Why Ladies Ruled the 2015 Summer Movie Season

Pages PREV 1 2

Samtemdo8:
I recognize that the latest Fantastic Four is a rather lackluster movie even though I have not seen it myself yet, but damn I feel like I have hearing a broken record after watching many reviews of it.

And? Would you make the same complaint for Pixels or Jack & Jill?

And moviebob did bash Man of Steel he put it as the #1 worst movie of 2013.

"There are moments when Man of Steel looks and feels damn near perfect"

"Yes, I repeat, this is not a bad movie"

"The parts that work work like gangbusters"

Thats from his review. Then in the Worst of 2013 video...

"Were there objectively worse movies than Man of Steel this year? Yes, but none of them were more infuriating, none of them were more disappointing against their own unrealized potential"

"This is Superman, dammit. Thats supposed to mean something. Thats supposed to mean you try harder."

He makes it clear that its more disappointing than intolerably bad, and that its coming from such a talented team of people. I'm of the same mindset myself even though I couldn't disagree with him more on things he disliked, such as cynical Pa Kent.

MarsAtlas:

Samtemdo8:
I recognize that the latest Fantastic Four is a rather lackluster movie even though I have not seen it myself yet, but damn I feel like I have hearing a broken record after watching many reviews of it.

And? Would you make the same complaint for Pixels or Jack & Jill?

And moviebob did bash Man of Steel he put it as the #1 worst movie of 2013.

"There are moments when Man of Steel looks and feels damn near perfect"

"Yes, I repeat, this is not a bad movie"

"The parts that work work like gangbusters"

Thats from his review. Then in the Worst of 2013 video...

"Were there objectively worse movies than Man of Steel this year? Yes, but none of them were more infuriating, none of them were more disappointing against their own unrealized potential"

"This is Superman, dammit. Thats supposed to mean something. Thats supposed to mean you try harder."

He makes it clear that its more disappointing than intolerably bad, and that its coming from such a talented team of people. I'm of the same mindset myself even though I couldn't disagree with him more on things he disliked, such as cynical Pa Kent.

1. Yes specifically for Pixles. And holy crap Moviebob felt like his 5 year old self was violated by Adam Sandler. (Did not affect me since my first console was the N64)

2. I did not find Man of Steel dissipointing at all. There were silly moments yes, but there were also good moments also. I mean Zod was such a great villain. (So great that its a shame they used him so early) and what he said about Man of Steel already still makes it all the more confusing that he place it on #1 and even then he still bashes the movie.

Not only that he is constantly comparing the upcoming DC movies as 90s comic books the movie. I doubt the new movies are going to tackle the worst of 90s comic books. I mean we can rest assured that they will not adapt Superman At Earth's End:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpE1MScgT8

And that comic book makes me question why The Death of Superman comic is looked down upon.

Redryhno:
Eh, I'd argue against Maleficent and Lucy personally. Maleficent everyone is either Chaotic Stupid or just a bunch of morons that can't ever be right in that movie if they aren't the titular character. And Lucy...just always seemed very similar in that she was only the "hero" because everyone else was worse(though I could be wrong, I've tried watching it three times and I've either fallen asleep or gotten too bored to actually continue watching). I just don't think you can seriously take them as actually heroic when everyone else has to be braindead for it to work the way it pans out...

They don't need to be particularly heroic to be better examples of female characters in movies. They're both powerful leading female characters in big blockbuster movies. The characters in this abysmal list can't hold a candle to them. It's just a bunch of standard run-of-the-mill female characters that have exited in the movies for decades. This article shouldn't exist because it reveals just the opposite of what it's trying to accomplish.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.