Agents of Cosplay: Introducing Abby Green

Introducing Abby Green

Agents of Cosplay introduces you to Abby Green.

Watch Video

Im glad you did this the way w/out doing the patronizing stuff that the media exploits to emotionally manipulate folks.

Also im very conflicted cause i hate the guts out of Chibusa.

First things first, that was very well done and nicely put together. I always get a little nervous when I see articles or videos done on people that have disabilities, but that was nicely done.

Secondly, Abby is adorable and amazing. It's totally cool she has the "come at me, bro" attitude and isn't scared to cosplay around like it ain't no thang. I know I've run across a few people with disabilities and have cosplayed before, so it's awesome when I see people cosplaying as people they like regardless of who they are as a person.

Leonardo Huizar:
Im glad you did this the way w/out doing the patronizing stuff that the media exploits to emotionally manipulate folks.

Also im very conflicted cause i hate the guts out of Chibusa.

Bah, I thought her Chibusa cosplay was adorable.

Althought, I do agree with you about the patronizing part. If you want to have your stomach roil then watch this video about Frederick Brennan (founder of 8chan, who like Abby also has osteogenesis imperfecta).

He went on Al Jazeera with the intention of showing off his imageboard software and his abilities as a programmer and ended up being a story about how America is terrible to handicapped people through leading questions and clever editing.

Pretty exploitative if you ask me.

Edit: Here is Fred's response about the documentary filming.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here