Sicario - The War on Drugs is Complicated (and Thrilling)

Sicario - The War on Drugs is Complicated (and Thrilling)

Sicario paints a complex picture of the war on drugs, showcasing its characters in shades of gray rather than in the traditional cinematic black and white.

Read Full Article

Haven't heard a single negative review of this movie. I might have to go out and get a ticket to it rather than waiting for it to come to an on-demand service.

MarsAtlas:
Haven't heard a single negative review of this movie. I might have to go out and get a ticket to it rather than waiting for it to come to an on-demand service.

Same here.

The most negative thing I've heard was that someone thought the title was a bad idea (not memorable, doesn't say anything about the movie, etc.) but I imagine that someone who decides not to see a movie because the title didn't spell out what the movie is about wouldn't have seen the movie anyway.

Although I'm likely to RedBox it rather than the theater. I wouldn't mind seeing this in theater but I don't know anyone else that wanted to go see it...

Benicio del toro usually has me sold on a movie, it is no surprise he is a secret weapon for this one. I am glad that a hollywood film has finally come out to detail the complicated grey areas of "the war on drugs." Ben Elton's High Society book has been a benchmark for this subject, to me at least.

...And I thought Prisoners was intense as fuck... This movie sounds like it's even more intense...

Whenever I do get to see this movie, I'm going in as blind as possible...

Great movie, one of the best of the year. Totally agree with the author -- extremely suspenseful, brilliantly shot, great actors and characters, and a wel-balanced, unflinching look at the War of Drugs. Whatever minor shortcomings the film has (and there are a few), they're totally swept away by its strengths.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here