Intermission #2 - Filtration

I'm with Rad on that one.

I mean, as much as it makes sense, does Gunny have ANY idea what 'TMI' means?

It's, uh, environmentally conscious at least and that's still kinda rad.

Gunny's power armor should be officially referred to as a Baersuit.

Ok, are they really just ripping ideas from 40k for Gunny's armour now? Because, that's one of the features of Space Marine power armour in that universe...

Still, if you are going to borrow ideas from any property it may as well be 40k.

vallorn:
Ok, are they really just ripping ideas from 40k for Gunny's armour now? Because, that's one of the features of Space Marine power armour in that universe...

Still, if you are going to borrow ideas from any property it may as well be 40k.

Actually, the first thing came to my mind were Fremens' stillsuits from Dune.

Varadar:

vallorn:

Ok, that just brings to mind some unfortunate ideas for "the X Must Flow" with Gunny's suit.

Good idea with that one though, Wish I had thought of it.

INB4 Gunny gains his action hero powers from Spice...

Varadar:

vallorn:

Just to chip in, what came to mind was Fallout; the T-51b's do the same thing. Guess all power armors in video games are like that.

But Gunny is a robot, he doesn't need to pee.

Frank Ocampo Gomez:

Varadar:

vallorn:

Just to chip in, what came to mind was Fallout; the T-51b's do the same thing. Guess all power armors in video games are like that.

Ironically, re-purposing bodily fluids is not a feature in Halo's PAs, the contents are just discarded, how? magic i suppose.
Also when you wear a PA theres always tubes connected in your private parts... Always. But I suppose the Master Chief never feels awkward about it because hes been using them since he was 15.

That explains why we never see a video game character in power armor eat or drink or use the bathroom.

The first thing I thought about was this lyric snippet:

Recycle, Reduce, Reuse and close the loop~!
Other than that, does the suit come with herbs and spices built in? (Gotta shake it up sometimes, right?)

Ylla:

Ironically, re-purposing bodily fluids is not a feature in Halo's PAs, the contents are just discarded, how? magic i suppose.
Also when you wear a PA theres always tubes connected in your private parts... Always. But I suppose the Master Chief never feels awkward about it because hes been using them since he was 15.

I think one of the Halo novels describes their PA's as having a reservoir.

Ylla:

I just realized the implications of this. You'd have to get a uretic catheter every time you put your armor on... I wonder if you do it to yourself or if they run by the buddy system?

"Alright Marines! Apply the local anesthetic to the outer parts of your buddies urethra! Let it take effect for one to two minutes then shove the anesthetic tube in and apply the rest inside the urethra! DO YOU GET ME?!"
"WE GET YOU STAFF SERGEANT!"

Frank Ocampo Gomez:

Varadar:

vallorn:

Well it makes sense, even if it's just a catheter system. Bowel an bladder control get pretty touch-and-go in a combat situation, and some of the armor takes 15 minutes and a crane to take off.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here