Good Bad Flicks: Puppet Master 2

Puppet Master 2

The puppets are back with no strings attached.

Watch Video

That's why you never ask an evil, living puppet any questions, Cecil! ;)
Hope you have a fire extinguisher in the house!
Small ones are cheap! :)

Kenjitsuka:
That's why you never ask an evil, living puppet any questions, Cecil! ;)
Hope you have a fire extinguisher in the house!
Small ones are cheap! :)

I didn't think he would be that harsh a critic! I sent him to bed with no Ecto Cooler brain chunk juice. :P

While I still think 3 is the better film, 2 is definitely the best horror movie in the series. It was super creepy. Torch is certainly the best thing about it. It's a shame Torch was reduced to a cameo later in the series. Come to think of it, him and Decapitron both vanished after Puppet Master 5. Dammit Full Moon, make more Puppet Master movies!

I had the good fortune, or maybe misfortune, to find a collected edition of the first 9 Puppet Master films while browsing my local Best Buy a year ago. Feeling nostalgic and it being a mere $5.00, I bought it on the spot! You can skip Legacy, it's a best of compilation with a framing story. 4 and 5 were weird, especially those totems. Didn't care for the ones where the puppets fight Nazis. Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys was mercifully not included.

My personal favorite was Curse of the Puppet Master. It had this body horror element to it with the protagonist being made into a puppet. There's this scene where he's in bed and hears a ticking beneath the blankets. Removing them, he discovers his chest is open and his innards were replaced with wooden gears! When I was a kid it was one the of the scariest things I'd ever seen. While the horror of being the puppet was somewhat present in a few of the other films, it unfortunately goes unexplored in any compelling manner. That's a shame as I felt it one of the more interesting parts of the Puppet Master series.

If there's a franchise deserving a remake, it's this one.

Also packaged with the collection was the first 3 Killjoy movies. I recall turning off the first one when I found the picture and sound quality of the first 10 minutes to be torture on my senses.

Fun Fact: In Curse of the Puppet Master is a scene involving the investigation of a murder. The medical examiner in this scene is William Knight, most known as the english voice actor of Aramaki in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex!

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.