Agents of Cosplay: Body Paint Tips with Lianne Moseley

Body Paint Tips with Lianne Moseley

Would you stand around getting painted for seven hours?

Watch Video

This video raised an unexpected question: Is painting the bottom of the feet hard?

I would have assumed you'd just have them lie down and give the soles a good spritz to make sure the colour was even, but it wasn't done for Mystique. Does the paint wear off quickly from the friction of walking, or is it just not practical on a convention floor to do that? Or do they have those weird toed shoe things so the models can walk around without getting rocks and God knows what all over their feet?

Thunderous Cacophony:
This video raised an unexpected question: Is painting the bottom of the feet hard?

I would have assumed you'd just have them lie down and give the soles a good spritz to make sure the colour was even, but it wasn't done for Mystique. Does the paint wear off quickly from the friction of walking, or is it just not practical on a convention floor to do that? Or do they have those weird toed shoe things so the models can walk around without getting rocks and God knows what all over their feet?

I'd say that the bottoms of the feet would be really difficult to do well and keep nice. As you said, there's a lot of unavoidable friction there, but on top of that there's a lot sweat and oil on people's soles. It just seems easier not to paint it.

OT: Those superhero paints were awesome, particularly the linework to make them look more comic-esq. Does anybody know about doing bodypaint for more horror-themed ideas? Or are those considered too family-unfriendly for most conventions?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here